Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could count HM as having two separate residences. ;)
Where did Charles live before Clarence House?

Indeed I do count HM separately! :lol:

Charles had an apartment at St. James' Palace before Clarence House, as Anne still does, I believe. His apartment may have been turned into offices -- at least that sounds familiar.

Any speculation on tiaras? Prince William might like to see her wear the Spencer tiara or the Cambridge lover's knot. .

Will people please realise that Katherine WILL NOT wear the Spencer tiara! :bang: It belongs to Williams uncle and will, no doubt, be worn in time by his daughters and by any future wives he picks up in the mean time:lol:.
Catherine Middleton is marrying into the House of Windsor who have more tiara's than we can imagine. They are not going to even consider something from Diana's family.

In reading through the Royal Weddings section, there is a thread called "Who's the designer". It's pretty interesting- only 2 royal brides have not chosen British designers. They were Wallis Simpson (who married in Paris) and Paola, wife of Lord Nicholas Windsor (they married in Rome). I think, all Royal weddings that have been on British soil, have had a British designed wedding dress.

I think if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?

It will not be a state occasion. Those are the words I was looking for when speaking of Autumn and Peter's wedding. I said their wedding wasn't royal, what I meant was it was not a state wedding, soooooo no day off. sigh.

It will not be a state occasion. Those are the words I was looking for when speaking of Autumn and Peter's wedding. I said their wedding wasn't royal, what I meant was it was not a state wedding, soooooo no day off. sigh.

Well if memory serves me correct, both Edward and Charles's 2nd marriage was not a state occasion. I don't think Andrew's was as well. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :flowers:

I seriously doubt she will wear or WANT to where the Spencer Tiara, as absolutely beautiful as it is.

Diana is represented in the ring, I think the BRF would be offended if she wanted to remind people more of the "Wales' " marriage. I seriously doubt she would demonstrate such a lack the judgement, plus I am certain she wants to forge her own identity and the Wedding and going away outfit will be a large step in this direction.

We already have an idea of her style, it is unlikely to change once married. She may cover the shoulders more and no more plunging necklines (sparkly black issa dress years ago). She will look great. She is a pretty girl with a great figure and pretty subdued tastes for the most part. I think she will be a classic lovely bride.

I am hoping for the Vladimir Tiara, but as HMQ loves and uses that often, I doubt she is would be willing to let Kate become the figure it is identified with.

Aparently tiaras are often retired for a while and skip generations, so maybe HM, will lend her a rarely seen one. A scroll or floral would soften up the lines of her body and usual straight lines of her dress.

Not a fan of those fringe tiaras although spectacular pieces of work...too "sharp", don't like the swedish button/rosette tiaras much either. Oh well, what's a girl to do???? :queen4::princess3::queen3::crown3:

I think if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?

That may speak volumes in this multicultural era! I would hope Issa could be considered, if only for that reason.

That may speak volumes in this multicultural era! I would hope Issa could be considered, if only for that reason.

I think Issa would be considered but I get the feeling she might go for a British designer. I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her. :photo:

I think Issa would be considered but I get the feeling she might go for a British designer. I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her. :photo:

That last phrase is putting it mildly, lol!!!!

I think its a great occasion to feature a "British" designer as well.
I just think Issa has been good to and for her. Kate certainly paid her back by wearing her for the engagement announcement but a sense a continued association with Brits to mix it up a bit.

I hope hope she kicks it up a huge notch too and does something else with her hair!!! She is beautiful with it down but I think she should do something really special for the wedding.

Last edited:
For those people who say Issa is a Brazilian designer, and then say they would have liked Catherine Walker, Catherine Walker was actually French.

I don't think Pcs Beatrice & Euguenie will be in the bridal group; they don't appear close to Kate. I remember they were expected to be in the Wessex wedding but weren't and Edward & Sophie had four unknown (to the public) children. They were cute though, in their musketeer outfits.

I think the bridesmaids will be Pippa and Zara. I hope the flowergirl will be Lady Louise.

I don't know why people keep mentioning the little Taylor girls; I haven't even seen a photo of Kate with Lady Helen and I can't imagine Helen being close to William either.

Harry as main supporter is a given, and probably Peter Phillips as a 2nd supporter. That might make up for William missing Peter's wedding.

as for the Wedding Tiara; I have a dream... the Fife Tiara could be borrowed for the occasion....!!!!!

Another reason why I think Kate should choose a British born designer is to branch out with other designers. She wears too much Issa, and as her role as a senior royal is to promote British fashion. If she were to wear Issa on her wedding day, Kate would seem like a one-designer person and would seem boring.

I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her.

I remember Fergie really stepped up to the mark with her wedding dress; i thought it was a perfect 80s wedding dress for her.

My point is that Kate might surprise us all, but I suspect she will wear a lovely closefitting dress with sleeves and a short train.

My favourite Royal wedding dress was Lady Davina's.

i think they'll get married in St George's Chapel; it won't be a big affair like Crown Princess Victoria's (unfortunately); the British, for all their pomp and circumstance, don't do flashy weddings with all the Royalty wearing tiaras and orders etc. Plus there seems to be a big groundswell (already) about taxpayers not willing to countenance a huge wedding like Charles and Diana's.

Last edited:
I remember Fergie really stepped up to the mark with her wedding dress; i thought it was a perfect 80s wedding dress for her.

I loved Sarah's wedding dress. I think it was by far the nicest wedding dress of any of the royal brides within my life time (followed by Anne's and then Sophies - as for Diana's well the less said about that the better IMO).

i think they'll get married in St George's Chapel; it won't be a big affair like Crown Princess Victoria's (unfortunately); the British, for all their pomp and circumstance, don't do flashy weddings with all the Royalty wearing tiaras and orders etc. Plus there seems to be a big groundswell (already) about taxpayers not willing to countenance a huge wedding like Charles and Diana's.

As they have already said the wedding will be in London St George's is out as it isn't in London but is at Windsor.

I do think that the Guards Chapel or the Chapel Royal though are contenders for a low key ceremony that won't have the costs associated with it that Westminster or St Paul's will have. In addition the Chapel Royal doesn't really have the said memories that the others would have.

For those people who say Issa is a Brazilian designer, and then say they would have liked Catherine Walker, Catherine Walker was actually French.

Just to clarify- my comment above that "if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?" was trying to gently remove distinction between British-born designers and designers who now work in Britain. I think that any designer who has set up shop in Britain can be considered a "British Designer" in the context of this discussion, where there seems to be widespread agreement that Kate's dress should be made by a "British Designer".

Thanks!

Certainly Diana Spencer had input on her wedding. She chose the wedding dress designer, which meant that she also chose the designer of the attendants' dresses, and she chose some of the music and the flowers. One of her child attendants was Clementine Hambro, a great-granddaughter of Winston Churchill, who had been a student during the brief period when Lady Diana was a part-time nursery school aide at Young England Kindergarten.

I do not want to insult Diana fans, but the fact is that Diana was very involved, not to say manipulative, in every aspect of her life. What she wanted went, because she knew how to make a great fuss if she didn't get what she wanted. Alas, at the age of only 19/20, she wasn't quite mature enough to grasp how the awful and childish "princess bride" dress would come off, or how badly the heavy tiara would work with her hairstyle.

I do hope that Catherine Middleton will cut her hair a bit shorter. That long, chest-length hair isn't sophisticated and doesn't really work on a woman over 25. A few inches off -- to shoulder-length -- would work wonders, while still allowing her plenty of room for experimentation.

I find her hair quite beautiful myself. Lovely length and rather advantageous for the prospect of tiara wearing.

Last edited:
I loved Sarah's wedding dress. I think it was by far the nicest wedding dress of any of the royal brides within my life time (followed by Anne's and then Sophies - as for Diana's well the less said about that the better IMO).

Of all of those, in my opinion,Sophie's dress was the best!!!!!:flowers: I really, really hated Di's dress. It was too much for my personal taste. Too big. Over the top.

Diana's was insanely fussy, Sarah's was plain ugly and Sophie's was very much understated. None of them were what I would call pretty or elegant. But it's all relative to the time. The 80's could never be considered an elegant decade and the late 90's were a kind of 'no mans land' for fashion being on the cusp of change.

Imo, Princess Marie of Denmark's wedding dress is by far the most elegant I've ever seen a royal bride wear.

Diana's was insanely fussy

not to mention unfortunately crumpled

As they have already said the wedding will be in London St George's is out as it isn't in London but is at Windsor.

whoops; i meant to say Chapel Royal! I live in NZ; my confusion will surely be understandable.

Last edited:
:previous: The fabric didn't hold well at all. I've never undertsood why the Emmanual's suggested, let alone used, taffeta. It ended up looking like a wilted rose.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Yeah, I can see Kate in any of those! esp. the last one! But what about Tomasz Starzewski? He is Polish-British, London-based.
STARZEWSKI
He has a bridal collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom