The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
E News in US reporting- Queen will depart wedding in carriage with Kate's Dad and Prince Phillip in carriage with Kate's mom. Also their reporting QEII has offered them an apartment in BP....
I read this post as referring to the Queen offering an apartment in BP to Kate and William (as has been widely reported). Is that the intended reference?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems the usual protocol. Albeit, it is usually the parents of the bride and groom who are mixed. However, it may be the way they want to do it. Camilla is just a step mother at best. And, the queen is still in charge.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yvonne Yorke: Queen Livid Over Prince William's Wedding Plans

Doesn't sound like The Queen is too happy...
Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Aristocracy

I really hope that article is not true. Will and Kate have every right to plan it as they see fit.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
I really hope that article is not true. Will and Kate have every right to plan it as they see fit.

They also should have the common decency to consult with the person paying for it to make sure that the arrangements can actually take place.

If they want to plan it as they see fit then they should pay for it themselves and not expect someone else to pay for something about which they haven't been consulted.

Assuming that the report is even right in the first place.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Gentry

I somehow don't believe they could plan a buffet reception and then a dinner dance without the Queen's permission. It is her home after all. I'd be surprised if most of that article is true. She may have been upset about the car to the church, but surely William and Charles would not have planned the buffet and dinner dance without her permission.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

Yvonne Yorke is a travel writer. So I wouldn't pay much attention to what she writes...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Okay...I am pretty confident that the Queen would not offer them an apartment at BP. Can you imagine the howls from the press and the British pubilc?
I would imagine that the offer of rooms in BP probably refers to the times of the festivities of the wedding weekend and not permanent residence. I find it a nice gesture from the RF. Kate, I've heard, will be leaving from BP for the Abbey and this way her mother will also be close at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And why would the Queen and the DoE ride with the Middletons' and not Charles and/or Camilla.
I think its kind of a traditional thing. The Queen rides with the bride's father and the DoE with the bride's mother to kind of show that the families have been united in marriage. I think its a nice gesture.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that the offer of rooms in BP probably refers to the times of the festivities of the wedding weekend and not permanent residence. I find it a nice gesture from the RF. Kate, I've heard, will be leaving from BP for the Abbey and this way her mother will also be close at hand.

I think its kind of a traditional thing. The Queen rides with the bride's father and the DoE with the bride's mother to kind of show that the families have been united in marriage. I think its a nice gesture.
The Queen and Duke have done that for their children's weddings but why would they do it for their grandson? Surely it should be Charles as the father and either Camilla as Charles' wife or a representative of the Spencer family to represent William's mother?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen and Duke have done that for their children's weddings but why would they do it for their grandson? Surely it should be Charles as the father and either Camilla as Charles' wife or a representative of the Spencer family to represent William's mother?
This also puzzles me but perhaps it is because the Queen and the DoE are the actual heads of the House of Windsor? I imagine that the order of procession back to BP will be Will and Kate in the first carriage, the Queen and Mr. Middleton in the second, the DoE and Mrs. Middleton in the third and then followed by Charles and Camilla. Perhaps it has to do with precedence of the Queen? It would make more sense though to place the Middletons with the father/stepmother of the groom though. I really don't think they would use a representative of the Spencers over Camilla though, she *is* his stepmother and I think William would respect that. Another puzzling aspect of royal protocol I'm yet to learn about.

Come to think of it, if the Middletons were to ride ahead of Charles and Camilla, wouldn't that be giving them precedence over the PoW and The Duchess of Corwall?
Very, very confusing this early in the morning.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

So, shall we bet on this?
How long before the tabloids discover the name of the wedding dress designer?
And who will it be?

I thought it would be Oldfield, but I read that Kate's mother and sister may have visited his shop as a diversionary tactic, and the actual designer is someone else!
(But then I thought that perhaps they wanted the press to think that!)

So I will guess that it will be two weeks, and the Oldfield's the one!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

This also puzzles me but perhaps it is because the Queen and the DoE are the actual heads of the House of Windsor? I imagine that the order of procession back to BP will be Will and Kate in the first carriage, the Queen and Mr. Middleton in the second, the DoE and Mrs. Middleton in the third and then followed by Charles and Camilla. Perhaps it has to do with precedence of the Queen? It would make more sense though to place the Middletons with the father/stepmother of the groom though. I really don't think they would use a representative of the Spencers over Camilla though, she *is* his stepmother and I think William would respect that. Another puzzling aspect of royal protocol I'm yet to learn about.

Come to think of it, if the Middletons were to ride ahead of Charles and Camilla, wouldn't that be giving them precedence over the PoW and The Duchess of Corwall?
Very, very confusing this early in the morning.
I am going to give the BRF the benefit if the doubt and believe they choose to do it this way with the best intentions, this us the first grandson/daughter we've seen get married who us titled so maybe this is how they plan to do it, plus he is a future King.... I understand Camilla is stepmom but that's still not mom and maybe they just don't want to call anymore attention to it plus imagine the hollows of protest from some if she took the 'mother' place. Enough plp will be thinking of Diana that day so maybe that is a way to not unintetionally disrespect it.....I am going to assume it was done with best intetions.... Plus I love my stepmom and respect her but she is not my mom and I wouldn't have her in that role no matter how much I like her.....Or maybe Camilla and Charles are riding in own carriage, as for precedence I am not convinced that counts since the Middletons aren't royal plus on April 29th their the brides parents and that's gotta count for something..... Just my opinion.....
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
And who will it be?

I thought it would be Oldfield, but I read that Kate's mother and sister may have visited his shop as a diversionary tactic, and the actual designer is someone else!
(But then I thought that perhaps they wanted the press to think that!)

So I will guess that it will be two weeks, and the Oldfield's the one!
I hope Oldfield is not the designer of the wedding dress. As for her mother and sister visiting his shop, that is way to obvious if she really wanted to keep it a secret. It's possible that they were looking for a Mother of the Bride dress, or even dresses for the evening reception.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Yvonne Yorke: Queen Livid Over Prince William's Wedding Plans

Doesn't sound like The Queen is too happy...
I don't believe a word in this article. The Queen is the absolute final word on the wedding preperations as well as any formal Royal functions at BP. There is no way her staff isn't involved and that they and the Queen are only being informed via tweets from Clarence House along with the public. That just isn't possible. This is a well oiled machine and nothing takes place at BP without the Queen and her staff being fully involved.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Kate and William in final preparations with 100 days to go
100 days to go before Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Commoner

Post Organiser of Will & Kate's wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I don't believe a word in this article. The Queen is the absolute final word on the wedding preperations as well as any formal Royal functions at BP. There is no way her staff isn't involved and that they and the Queen are only being informed via tweets from Clarence House along with the public. That just isn't possible. This is a well oiled machine and nothing takes place at BP without the Queen and her staff being fully involved.
It is actually Fergie because of her position in the royal family who should by right be offered the privilege of organising royal wedding. Camilla Parker Bowles because of her true position could have been asked by Fergie to assist with invite. It is Clarence House. Queen has final say (on invit ee) if she or he chooses.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

ITN launches a royal wedding channel on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
And who will it be?
I think we'll find out in the next few weeks - someone will leak it.

I don't think Oldfield is the designer. If he were, I imagine Kate's mom and sister would have been a little more discreet when visiting his store. I have a feeling that the designer won't be well known, it will be someone up-and-coming.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersby Tulip View Post
It is actually Fergie because of her position in the royal family who should by right be offered the privilege of organising royal wedding. Camilla Parker Bowles because of her true position could have been asked by Fergie to assist with invite. It is Clarence House. Queen has final say (on invit ee) if she or he chooses.
What does Fergie have to do with anything? She's only the ex aunt of the groom. William's mother is the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somersby Tulip View Post
WTF? I have no idea what you are talking about...... please explain.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
I read this post as referring to the Queen offering an apartment in BP to Kate and William (as has been widely reported). Is that the intended reference?
Yeah, you're right. E! news was referring to William and Kate.

The E! segment is on youtube - I tried to link it, but for some reason it won't format properly in my post.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding