The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

http://shows.ctv.ca/RoyalWedding/art...irst-child#c_0

The Countdown to the Royal Baby is on

How silly! Let the poor girl get married first....

Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
William & Kate: The Royal Wedding - CTV.ca Blog: Countdown to Will and Kate's first child

What total clap trap!!! Where does THIS silliness originate?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
William & Kate: The Royal Wedding - CTV.ca Blog: Countdown to Will and Kate's first child

Very silly article that can't even get the reason for the nickname right. Wombats are found in Australia and hence his nickname.

At the same time I remember when Frederick and Mary were married the first appearances after the wedding included photos of the tummy to see signs of a baby bump. Kate does have a duty to perform - have babies and after the wedding that will be a strong media focus. It is just starting a couple of months before the marriage rather than the day after.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

Very silly article that can't even get the reason for the nickname right. Wombats are found in Australia and hence his nickname.

At the same time I remember when Frederick and Mary were married the first appearances after the wedding included photos of the tummy to see signs of a baby bump. Kate does have a duty to perform - have babies and after the wedding that will be a strong media focus. It is just starting a couple of months before the marriage rather than the day after.
Yes and after Victoria married too.... Heck even in non RFs plp start asking sometimes the day after .... I know my sister in laws wanted nephews/nieces soon rather then later :) but yes a silly article-
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

It's moments like this when I cringe with sympathy for the RF, living their lives in a goldfish bowl as they do. These poor devils aren't even married yet and the wretched papers are speculating about when they are likely to produce a baby. It's a very personal matter and they will when they do.

I hope they don't have their first child for a few years just to vex the press.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

In this weeks magazine the headlines read "The Incredible Shrinking Bride-to-Be - Fears For Skinny Kate". Personally I think it is just the angle of the photo. Here is the link:
Fears for skinny Kate Middleton
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Middleton choosing designer gown - RT Ten
Old 01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Prince William and Kate Middleton romance turned into comic book | Metro.co.uk
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why Prince William is getting married in Westminster Abbey?
¿Por qué el príncipe Guillermo se casa en la Abadía de Westminster?

Google Google Translate
Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What is on the list of wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton?
¿Qué figura en la lista de boda del príncipe Guillermo y Catherine Mi | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate
Old 01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

What The King's Speech can teach Prince William and Kate Middleton | Film | guardian.co.uk

this is a very nice article
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Kate is tall and quite slim, however I see very little difference in her figure between the jeans picture and the wedding picture .... she is also wearing black in the later picture which always makes a person look a bit slimmer. IMO, it's just another "story" to attract readers.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Oh my, this article is just full of laughs!

Quote:
Kate will be leaving behind the nasty, brutish and short type of life that the middle-class currently “suffers” for a prolonged engagement in the finest lap of luxury.

Maybe Kate will get bored and figure, “Why not?”
Yeah, maybe Kate will get bored and get started on baby-making early? Really?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

Royal wedding: Countdown for William and Kate

BBC News - Royal wedding: Countdown for William and Kate
Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

E News in US reporting- Queen will depart wedding in carriage with Kate's Dad and Prince Phillip in carriage with Kate's mom. Also their reporting QEII has offered them an apartment in BP....
Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Okay...I am pretty confident that the Queen would not offer them an apartment at BP. Can you imagine the howls from the press and the British pubilc?

And why would the Queen and the DoE ride with the Middletons' and not Charles and/or Camilla.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Majesty

I can see them having a suite of rooms for their use while they're in London, because the security's there and the rooms are already available. There would be a huge outcry if there was massive refurbishment of rooms that hadn't been used for a long time. But if there was a suite set aside for brief visits, I can't see a problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Okay...I am pretty confident that the Queen would not offer them an apartment at BP. Can you imagine the howls from the press and the British pubilc?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk

And why would the Queen and the DoE ride with the Middletons' and not Charles and/or Camilla.
No idea but apparently that is what a former press secretary of QEII said on GMA..... Maybe, and this is all I can guess, they are doing it to avoid having Camilla in 'mother' role....????
Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I can see them having a suite of rooms for their use while they're in London, because the security's there and the rooms are already available. There would be a huge outcry if there was massive refurbishment of rooms that hadn't been used for a long time. But if there was a suite set aside for brief visits, I can't see a problem with that.
I can see them using rooms during the lead up to the wedding, but not afterwards. Don't they have a home in London that they purchased for Kate or did they sell that.

I can certainly see the Middleton's having access to William and Kate's London base, but there is not reason (from what I see) to have them have permanent base at BP. Maybe during the reign of William, but not during QE IMO.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Yes, it's a very good artice; and I think that the writer makes some very good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding