The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
She doesn't say that she knows that William wants her to be present and that she will be there.
She says that if he would want her to be present that there would be no valid reason for her not to attend.
Oops! You are right. I missed the "if" in my half-awake state. My apologies!

Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I'm sure it's going to be the Abbey. The Wessex children and the Taylors will be bridesmaids, IMO, as well. Definitely not the York Princesses, Zara or the Greeks.
I'm sorry but viscount severn is going to be a bridesmaid? I thought bridesmaids were female? would the little viscount not be a page?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Serene Highness

I must be the only one who missed the "WC" reference. Reminds me of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn: "HA".
Old 01-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

She has decided!
Kate Middleton Picks Her Wedding Dress Designer, But Keeps Name Secret – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Quote:
the palace spokesman says, “It’s Miss Middleton’s intention to keep the dress a secret for her bridegroom on their wedding day, as is every bride’s prerogative.”
Old 01-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Didn't Charles rearrange his wedding to Camilla (ok a wedding on a MUCH smaller scale etc) because the Pope had died & the funeral was on the originally planned date for their wedding & Charles was representing the UK at the funeral. I suppose a death in the actual family would be different as it would be more personal & I agree with grevinnan above that I think the reaction would depend on who had died, probably best for a whole multitude of reasons to just hope no-one dies!
Charles re-arrange his wedding by a day so that he could go the Pope funeral in the Vatican. The reason he had originally chosen the 8th April, was because the Grand National was on the 9th.
If Prince Phillip/ or any other royal member died on the 20th, then I would expect the wedding to be postponed.

Kate Middleton's royal wedding hen night will be held at Bar 86 in Kensington | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton snubs traditional gifts in favour of charity donations. William and Kate | Mail Online
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton snubs traditional gifts in favour of charity donations. William and Kate | Mail Online[/QUOTE]

is he holding her hand in his two hands in the first pic:)? i missed that!
(article posted by Lumutqueen)
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think this is an admirable request and could set a precedent for future Royal weddings
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Nobility

(article posted by Lumutqueen)[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I think she has her hand on his arm but you can't see it from the angle of the photo. ...I could be wrong
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Courtier

(article posted by Lumutqueen)[/QUOTE]

What a wonderful idea! Yay for Kate and William!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

I think she is about to place her arm on his for her engagement ring to show like we saw it. I don't think he has her hand between his.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Courtier

So she won't be accepting that case of jewels then? Seriously do you know how big that would be if they refused $ Millions worth of jewels and asked that the money be donated to various charities?!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
So she won't be accepting that case of jewels then? Seriously do you know how big that would be if they refused $ Millions worth of jewels and asked that the money be donated to various charities?!
I doubt those jewels would be refused, might be seen as an insult.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I expect the press will soon find out and publish the name of the designer, though. It would be difficult to conceal it until the end of April.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I expect the press will soon find out and publish the name of the designer, though. It would be difficult to conceal it until the end of April.
Difficult yes, but not impossible.

And besides, who or what is this "source" who/that claims that Catherine has chosen a designer?
Is the story automatically true because "a source" is mentioned?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

I think this shows they will be less forthcoming to public as we've seen before, pretty much as William is now in my opinion and I think some of that is his aversion to press and a wish to 'protect' Catherine
Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Difficult yes, but not impossible.

And besides, who or what is this "source" who/that claims that Catherine has chosen a designer?
Is the story automatically true because "a source" is mentioned?
I think it is a sure thing that the designer has been choosen and the wedding dress is in the works. After all only 3.5 months to go.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think the designer has been chosen, but I don't think the name will be released.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
I think it is a sure thing that the designer has been choosen and the wedding dress is in the works. After all only 3.5 months to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think the designer has been chosen, but I don't think the name will be released.
Perhaps you both are right, there is not really very much time left between now and the wedding.

I think it will be a hide-and-seek game for the press to find out the designer before the actual day itself. They will of course be very eager to know, and indeed I don't think the name will be released very soon.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will they invite all the royals?
It would be nice to see Mary, Victoria and Mette Marit there.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding