Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence the use of the word "direct".

Fair enough! I should have read your post more clearly. With 119 pages on a post like this, it's very easy to rush through.

Last time I visited the Abbey, there was a veritable tent city right across the street.
Is that still there?
If so, will they get rid of it beforehand, or will the cameras try to film around it?

It's still there. There have been several recent articles about Westminster trying to get rid of it before the wedding.

Kate Middleton to follow royal tradition and lay her bouquet on the tomb of The Unknown Warrior - mirror.co.uk

I hope this is true! Beautiful gesture

It's still there. There have been several recent articles about Westminster trying to get rid of it before the wedding.

Aren't there anti-trespassing laws in the UK?
It really is an eyesore, and I can't imagine they have permission to be there.

The comparisons will continue until she makes it clear that she isn't a Diana clone and using new designers, supporting different charities etc is the way to do that.

The comparisons will continue simply because of people who choose to think like this.
Some people will only be satisfied when she profiles herself as a total polar opposite.

Totally agree with you there Berti, She is after all catherine Middleton, fiance of Prince William not Lady Diana Spencer who married Prince Charles, Prince of wales.

I read somewhere that William and Kate would might choose younger members of the BRF to be apart of the wedding party, I doubt that very much as many members of the BRF who have young children, distincly have kept them out of the limelight and given them a normal life, so I think they would say no to the idea of having thier children in such an event as this wedding, take Prince Edward and Sophie's children and the Chatto family, thier children are rarely seen at public events so why now would the put them in the limelight maybe as a favor to Will but I doubt that very much so.
I will have to try and find the article that I read it in.

Same to you, because Diana chose things and worked with people it would be better for Catherine to avoid the very same things and people? What a mine field she must be in then :whistling:

But I digress and franky I am tired too of the people who don't want to quit making the comparisons.
There are plenty of people who see her for who she is and not for who she supposedly should not try to be, all the better IMO.

I am curious to the wedding party - I suspect it will be quite a following to see.

Last edited:
The comparisons will continue until she makes it clear that she isn't a Diana clone and using new designers, supporting different charities etc is the way to do that.
I dont think she needs to make anything clear except she is a good wife (and eventual mother)and a hard worker, really. Whether she wears blue/the lover's knot/the engagement ring makes the Camilla group hysterical, but no one else.

I dont think she needs to make anything clear except she is a good wife (and eventual mother)and a hard worker, really. Whether she wears blue/the lover's knot/the engagement ring makes the Camilla group hysterical, but no one else.

It has been more the Diana supporters I have seen who are objecting not the Camilla ones.

I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment. Since the engagement, we have seen very little of her and the wedding details are being provided bit by bit. The media would love Catherine to be on show all the time, pushed forward as a fashion horse and some kind of charity goddess, but it simply isn't going to happen in my opinion. She will quietly go about her business and wear her usual lovely simple clothes that she likes for herself and not what she thinks others would like her to wear and she will become involved gradually in various causes. Obviously the comparisons will continue because the media can easily manipulate a coincidence (for instance, to my mind, the blue engagement dress worn by Catherine was more like CP Victoria's engagement dress and was not at all like Diana's suit).

:previous:
Well said. The tabloids need to fill column inches, and Kate/ Diana stories are easy ones to fill pages with!

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . . . . Whether she wears blue/the lover's knot/the engagement ring makes the Camilla group hysterical, but no one else.
I beg to differ.

The worry is that people will see Kate as a palid shadow of Diana instead of as herself. A young but totally different person. Her own person and not a Diana wannabe.

The Lovers Knot tiara will be inextricably bound up in Diana mythology for more than a few more decades to come and for Kate to wear it any time soon would be a disaster. She needs to establish her own unique persona and for the life of me I cannot see what, if anything, "Camilla" or whatever "group", hysterical or otherwise, you are referring to has to do with that issue.

:previous:
You have said it all beautifully. Thank you for saying what I would have liked to say.

Its a morning wedding so I believe hats. The BRF tends to do the hat thing it was like that for Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah and Edward/Sophie's weddings.
Edward and Sophie's wedding was a formal wedding and all wore formal wear except that the Queen Mother wore a hat, which at over 90 at the time was her perogative.

Beautifully said Jacknch. I think you are right on about Ms Middleton. I just hope the press gets tired of no information on Catherine and then stops the comparison. And btw I am a Princess Diana fan and I do not compare any other royal with her. :flowers:

I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment...
Beautifully said Jacknch. I think you are right on about Ms Middleton. I just hope the press gets tired of no information on Catherine and then stops the comparison.
I so agree with both of you. The media aren't getting what they are used to anymore and that leads to things.
IMO it is both the media and some people who are very stubborn and stick with this whole thing - it is tiresome and I do not compare any royal with each other (either).

Royal marriage rules: The laws that bind William and Kate’s romance - Yahoo! News

Okay, BBC America and Yahoo needs hire
a) a real historian
b) a fact checker
c) a proofreader
d) all the above
Another article, another slew of mistakes. They've corrected the most obvious one: the article originally said Edward III instead of William III wanting the Act of Settlement of 1701 (if you read the oldest comments, someone has called them out for it). They also don't mention that the Royal Marriages Act has slightly different provisions for those under age 25 than those older than 25.

So it wont be Tom PB or James Middleton in your opinion Ive always thought it would be Prince Henry too

wholl be Prince Willisms bestman

As close as the two brothers are, I definitely think it will be Harry as the supporter and Pippa as the maid of honor.

I believe Harry will definitely be one of William's supporters, but isn't it possible he'll have more than one?
Charles did; so did Edward, I believe.

I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment...
Very well said. Catherine's behaviour during both the courtship and the engagement show she is her own person. Comparisons by the media are an attempt to increase hype and sell newspapers/magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom