The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Kate arriving in one of the amazing Phantom Rolls Royces will be a wonderful experience because the windows and glass roof will allow people to see her more clearly from more angles. Also, these cars are far more spacious (the Glass Carriage is quite cramped in comparison) and so she will be able to alight more gracefully and with a less squashed gown.
Yeah, I prefer the Royce to the carriage. I've been looking at photos of the car, and the windows are huge and sit sort of low. Which means we will be able to get quite the view of Kate.

I liked the flowers that Sarah wore when entering the church, but I hope Kate wears a tiara.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Administrator

I liked the bit with Sarah's entrance with the flowers and the exit with the tiara. It was a nice touch. Sarah was a beautiful bride but than most brides are on their wedding day. I am sure Kate will be lovely as well.

Either way, I think we will see something shining that day.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Sarah was a beautiful bride. And yep, Kate will be too. I can't wait to see what other little touches William and Kate will add to the ceremony.

There are rumors that Paul McCartney has been approached to sing at the reception.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Sarah was a beautiful bride. And yep, Kate will be too. I can't wait to see the little touches they'll add to the ceremony.

There are rumors that Paul McCartney has been approached to sing at the reception.
I know it's just rumours but I would LOVE if Paul McCartney turned up at the wedding, even just as a guest not singing or anything, adore him.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone think Kate's choice of car instead of carriage has something to do with her trying to appear modest?? I hope she's not relaying a message like that.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Does anyone think Kate's choice of car instead of carriage has something to do with her trying to appear modest?? I hope she's not relaying a message like that.
I am confused. Why would being modest be an issue? And a problem.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I mean is I wonder if maybe the whole car thing has something to do with her trying to act like she doesn't care about all the extravagances when indeed she does. Nothing's wrong with being modest, I just wonder if her modesty is a front. Hope I explained it right.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't think it is a question of modesty what is interesting to me is the combination of the car and a buffet rather than a banquet. To me rather then being modest it feels as if the message is more "modern" and the appeal of "being modern" or something to that degree.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I find it refreshing if Ms. Middleton is modest. Diana, Princess of Wales raised her sons as royalty in touch with the common man. Maybe Catherine's modest ways remind Prince William of his mother.

I think it is cool going to your wedding in a car and after marrying a prince and becoming royal you leave in a beautiful carriage fit for a princess!

I wonder if Ms Middleton will wear a tiara going in Westminster Abbey. I think she might wear flowers in and a tiara leaving.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What I mean is I wonder if maybe the whole car thing has something to do with her trying to act like she doesn't care about all the extravagances when indeed she does. Nothing's wrong with being modest, I just wonder if her modesty is a front. Hope I explained it right.
You did.

Poor Kate but I guess she will have to get used to that being a public figure.

You can't please everyone. If she goes all out she faces the potential of being accused of being ostentatious when millions in her country are dealing with financial setbacks. If she tries to scale back, people question her motives and if she is being sincere. You can't win.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate will have plenty of time to ride around in a beautiful carriage -- she will be HM the Queen one day, after all.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Aristocracy

Possibly a random thought, but my Nan thinks the choice of car over the Glass Coach means that her dress will either be very full or made of easily crushed material. With the lack of space in the GC she may be able to lay her dress out more in the car. I imagine she'll not want to compare to Diana in the crushed/wrinkled dress stakes.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I wonder if Ms Middleton will wear a tiara going in Westminster Abbey. I think she might wear flowers in and a tiara leaving.
I was wondering the same thing.

I have also been wondering whether rather than wearing a traditional, formal tiara, she might wear a less formal Celtic-inspired tiara-type head ornament, maybe featuring lilies and ivy. Depends on her dress, of course, but I thought it might be a possibility.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Royal Highness

It is being reported, if this guy accurate, ALL royals including William and QE will take cars to wedding and carriages out- so it's prob not Catherine trying to say she is non- royal but maybe more because it non state event or eye on low key in these economic times IMO

Twitter.com/royalreporter
Old 01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Gentry

I think it is okay if Catherine goes to the church in a car. I do not think it is any big deal.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...i-Come-it.html

I don't get this article, is it satire? Or meant to be funny?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Prince William Kate Middleton wedding - sausage rolls and a taxi? Come off it | Mail Online

I don't get this article, is it satire? Or meant to be funny?
I guess so.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Could any of our dear American Friends tape this and uploaded it? :

tnks :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I will! Bearing in mind all goes well with the taping and such.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I will! Bearing in mind all goes well with the taping and such.
It will!! tnks :)
i'll be waiting for it (no pressure.... )

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding