Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Especially if it's anything like the one in the link for the Big Fat Gypsy Wedding spoof article! :p
LOL! for sure:p

but I am a little skeptical about how certain Bruce Oldfield came off in this article which is why methinks he is designing Carole's dress and that's how he knows some of the details.

LOL! for sure:p

but I am a little skeptical about how certain Bruce Oldfield came off in this article which is why methinks he is designing Carole's dress and that's how he knows some of the details.

I thought so earlier, but now I am starting to think it isn't Oldfield; I don't think he'd risk making any comments whatsoever if he was the designer of choice.

(I'm betting on Phillippa Lepley).

:previous: Oh good grief! If you take away any and all designers of anything at all the Diana may have had any interaction with, Kate will have to dress European!!!!! Totally!!!!! And won't the British fashion industry just love that. :eek:

But if they insist on trying to turn her into a Diana wannabe clone she will have no choice but to throughly vet any and all shops and designers for the "Diana" taint and scrupulously avoid it or she will always have 3 in the marriage. Not a pretty thought. :D

:previous: Oh good grief! If you take away any and all designers of anything at all the Diana may have had any interaction with, Kate will have to dress European!!!!! Totally!!!!! And won't the British fashion industry just love that.

Surely there is at least one decent British designer who has come on the scene in the last 13 years since Diana died that would have no links to Diana that Kate could choose? Or did the British design industry also die in 1997?

:previous:

There must be some people on here who read British Vogue and could tell us. American Vogue is always running articles on new designers.

Surely there is at least one decent British designer who has come on the scene in the last 13 years since Diana died that would have no links to Diana that Kate could choose? Or did the British design industry also die in 1997?

Of course not, but why on earth should she be constrained in her options?

People have got to stop these stupid comparisons, they're ridiculous. I read something last week about Catherine joining the same health club Diana once belonged to...it just never ends.

The article is perfect! It really puts all the speculation on the "scheming" of the Middleton's in it's proper place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have anyone seen a guestlist yet? I want to know if they invited me or if they snubbed me as the royals tend to do(last sentance was a joke, dont flame:))

Iluvbertie, I suggested Alice Temperley as a possibility, since Middleton has worn her clothes and Temperley does wedding dresses. She's also worn Katherine Hooker, but Hooker specializes in fine wools. The word is that Middleton has apparently chosen a relatively little-known, young, female designer. Oldfield has never seemed to me to be a possibility. I think of him as rather "old hat," someone the older guests might choose. I'm quite sure Middleton will want to make a splash with a new designer, not someone associated with her fiance's mother and 80's/90's fashion.

As for sleeves -- of course. Royal brides in the UK have never worn strapless or sleeveless dresses.

Laura Fellowes was a bridesmaid for Andrew and Sarah with William, and she had no direct connection to the bride of the groom.

I had understood Robert Fellowes was a distant cousin of Sarah's.

Last time I visited the Abbey, there was a veritable tent city right across the street.
Is that still there?
If so, will they get rid of it beforehand, or will the cameras try to film around it?

Originally Posted by MRSJ
m.guardian.co.uk

well! A newspaper article finally applying common sense!!! It's a great read and very funny.

Of course not, but why on earth should she be constrained in her options?

People have got to stop these stupid comparisons, they're ridiculous. I read something last week about Catherine joining the same health club Diana once belonged to...it just never ends.

The comparisons will continue until she makes it clear that she isn't a Diana clone and using new designers, supporting different charities etc is the way to do that.

The comparisons will continue until she makes it clear that she isn't a Diana clone and using new designers, supporting different charities etc is the way to do that.

Totally agree with you there Berti, She is after all catherine Middleton, fiance of Prince William not Lady Diana Spencer who married Prince Charles, Prince of wales.

I read somewhere that William and Kate would might choose younger members of the BRF to be apart of the wedding party, I doubt that very much as many members of the BRF who have young children, distincly have kept them out of the limelight and given them a normal life, so I think they would say no to the idea of having thier children in such an event as this wedding, take Prince Edward and Sophie's children and the Chatto family, thier children are rarely seen at public events so why now would the put them in the limelight maybe as a favor to Will but I doubt that very much so.
I will have to try and find the article that I read it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom