Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing!

Originally Posted by Mirabel
Times change, and if only virgins were entitled to a big formal wedding, the wedding industry would go broke in record time! ;)

Times SEEM to change. My mother, who is 81, says nothing has changed, we just talk about it now.

C'mon, we love Kate and Wills. We love our children and friends and the children of our friends. We talk about all those folks when something silly/stupid happens; why can't we have a belly laugh at the expense of Kate and Wills? I think it is hilarious.

Last edited:
why can't we have a belly laugh at the expense of Kate and Wills? I think it is hilarious.

It is hilarious...nevertheless it is rude...why release such a product three months before their nuptials instead of during Catherine and William's lengthy courtship? I'm sure a just as profitable although less offensive, opportunity was in existence.:ermm:

It is hilarious...nevertheless it is rude...why release such a product three months before their nuptials instead of during Catherine and William's lengthy courtship? I'm sure a just as profitable although less offensive, opportunity was in existence.:ermm:

Actually, I don't even think it is offensive. What is offensive is the pseudo-outrage the product is causing.

O.K. The condom thing is plain tasteless. What idiot came up with that idea? People never cease to amaze me. :eek:

LadyGabrielle said:
O.K. The condom thing is plain tasteless. What idiot came up with that idea? People never cease to amaze me. :eek:

I agree at the very least take their pictures off the front of the package

I think he looks the most handsome in his Navy uniform, but since he's currently working as an RAF officer, wouldn't it be inappropriate to wear anything but his RAF uniform?

No doubt, William looks the most handsom in Royal Navy uniform. I love Navy!

I think he looks the most handsome in his Navy uniform, but since he's currently working as an RAF officer, wouldn't it be inappropriate to wear anything but his RAF uniform?

I agree - anything but his RAF uniform is an insult to those officers and air personnel that he is currently working alongside. If he isn't proud enough of the uniform to get married in it then he shouldn't be in that service.

Id perfer he wear his HC Uniform with Orders

Yes!
Besides, if William chooses to wear that one, Harry might do the same.
They would look best in matching uniforms (think of the photographs)! :)

I don't like the RAF uniform anyway. I bet most RAF officers don't think much of it.

Last edited:
With a bespoke uniform, I suppose William could replicate the fancier RAF uniform that George VI was married in. Somehow it never occurred to me that uniforms could be custom made!

With a bespoke uniform, I suppose William could replicate the fancier RAF uniform that George VI was married in. Somehow it never occurred to me that uniforms could be custom made!

I'm not overly familiar with the military but I would imagine that whatever uniform he does wear, it would have to be regulation. I think, as someone has mentioned before, the wearing a replicated historical uniform would seem too "costumey" for a royal wedding. After seeing photos of William in his RAF uniform with sash and orders, I think it does look quite dashing and I'm almost willing to bet now that this will be his uniform of choice for the wedding.

Last edited:
I expect William will wear the RAF uniform since that is the service is currently in ... & will perhaps remain in for as long as he can continue a 'private' life

that said ... I strongly prefer the Army & Navy uniforms
they look more sophisticated ... more formal ... especially for a wedding

I expect to see the RAF uniform on 29 April

I'm among the few that prefer the RAF uniform to Navy one then! ;) I think he'll look great whichever unform he wears, he wears them all very well from what I've seen.

I like 6-7, too. I think it would really suit Kate, and it has a classic elegance, too. I would lose some of that veil though. Kate is very narrow across the hips and a figure-hugging style like 1-2 would accentuate that characteristic and wouldn't suit her at all, IMO.

I like 6-7, too. I think it would really suit Kate, and it has a classic elegance, too. I would lose some of that veil though. Kate is very narrow across the hips and a figure-hugging style like 1-2 would accentuate that characteristic and wouldn't suit her at all, IMO.

Heh.. I wasn't even looking at the veils. I don't like the veil that's with #6-7 either and think Kate will go with something with more simplicity. Something like #1 or #11's veil? I think the central focus on whatever veil Kate does choose will be something that will compliment whatever tiara she will wear and not be so "flouncy" as to detract from that.

I have a question I'm confused does Kate have to cover her arms at church is that a rule or can she go strapless as well cause CTV was debating this a few days ago and I got a bit confused.

We haven't seen a royal bride with bare arms that I can recall. The shortest sleeves I can recall were Lady Helen Taylor's, and she's a great-granddaughter of George V and a cousin-once-removed of the Queen. Lady Diana showed up in elbow-length sleeves, and that's the shortest I can remember in fairly recent years at that senior level.

I have a question I'm confused does Kate have to cover her arms at church is that a rule or can she go strapless as well cause CTV was debating this a few days ago and I got a bit confused.

I like 4 the best. Very elegant and classy, and with that neckline she would be stunning with a pretty diamond necklace. It just screams "Kate" to me.

She probably could if she insisted, although I expect the Queen wouldn't be best pleased!

But why would she do that, when everybody wears strapless?
It's gotten old!
She should go for something different, imo.

Also, she has to take the setting into account. For the Abbey, she needs a dress that will fit her surroundings. If it's too plain, it will sort of disappear, I think.

Yvonne Yorke: Royal Wedding Facts vs. Fiction & More Dress Designer Hints

The HuffPost blogger keeps swearing that a young, fairly unknown female designer, who has designed for the Middletons before, is designing Kate's dress. Does anyone know a designer who fits this description?

ETA: I will answer my own question. :) Possibilities...

Marchesa: http://www.marchesa.com/
Amanda Wakeley: http://www.amandawakeley.com/shop/bridal.html
Alice Temperley: http://www.temperleylondon.com/bridal/collection
Jenny Packham http://www.jennypackham.com/
Phillipa Lepley: http://www.phillipalepley.com/
Sophie Cranston (Libelula): http://www.libelula-studio.com/

I like Wakeley the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom