Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll feel obliged to invite the Obamas?

I wonder if they'll feel obliged to invite the Obamas?

I don't think so. As it seems all invitations going out are being issued from the Queen, I don't think William and Kate think much about it. Whether or not the Queen invites the Obamas is another thing. I, myself, don't think she will as this really isn't a state wedding.

I don't understand what you mean with your response.

Sorry. It's an Australian thing. The Royal Australian Air Force had a dark blue/black uniform until the early 1970s when it was changed to a paler blue/grey similar to the colour of William's current uniform. Unfortunately the new colour was very similar to the colour of uniform worn by Sydney bus conductors and bus drivers, and possibly also some other government workers. The general public couldn't distinguish Air Force personnel from bus conductors and the flyboys were teased about it, by the RAN especially. A few years ago the uniforms were changed back to the very dark blue colour. See, e.g., http://www.defence.gov.au/news/raafnews/EDITIONS/2001/4303/story02.htm

Well Im a fan of Ben Cross soo cant see him playing the POW Though

:fireworks:What if the wedding was held in Kenya could it sound funny?

What if the wedding was held in Kenya could it sound funny?

Well.. the engagement took place in Kenya and there's a good chance that the honeymoon will be there also so I guess they're giving the country a break having the wedding in London. :) Both William and Harry totally adore Africa.

Well.. the engagement took place in Kenya and there's a good chance that the honeymoon will be there also so I guess they're giving the country a break having the wedding in London. :) Both William and Harry totally adore Africa.

I gatchu true dat they adore Africa much much.........William and his brother Harry also support some schools in Africa,sooo cool xx

Last edited:
Well, it is rather funny. Apparently they work since Kate isn't in the family way :D

I think it's rather funny. Yes, it's tasteless, but tasteless sells. Actually, as tasteless goes, I think it's rather classy, if that makes sense to anyone but me.:lol:

These two have been living together for ages, and now they're doing the whole traditional engagement and big, white wedding thing. There is an element of hypocricy there and those with a wicked sense of humour and marketing instinct are going to play to it.

These two have been living together for ages, and now they're doing the whole traditional engagement and big, white wedding thing. There is an element of hypocricy there and those with a wicked sense of humour and marketing instinct are going to play to it.

Times change, and if only virgins were entitled to a big formal wedding, the wedding industry would go broke in record time! ;)

Times change, and if only virgins were entitled to a big formal wedding, the wedding industry would go broke in record time! ;)

You expressed my thoughts, although in other words, but the main point is the same.

:previous: So Kate likes the idea of being Princess Catherine, eh? She's marrying into the wrong Royal Family if that's what she's expecting. :cool:

Why does the Mail do this? Just to vex us?

:previous: So Kate likes the idea of being Princess Catherine, eh? She's marrying into the wrong Royal Family if that's what she's expecting. :cool:

Why does the Mail do this? Just to vex us?

It has been reported before that William has asked the Queen to allow her to be Princess Catherine. However I think if you are going to have a monarchy then sticking to the traditions is also important and so she should be Princess William or nothing as that is the British tradition.

Last edited:
I really hope that she doesn't become Princess Catherine. Sure its modern, equal, blah blah blah, but its not how its done now. When Wills is King, he can do as he pleases. I'm personally looking forward to their new titles being revealed on their wedding day. The Duke and Duchess of.....

It has been reported before that William has asked the Queen to allow her to be Princess Catherine. However I think if you are going to have a monarchy then sticking to the traditions is also important and so she should be Princess William or nothing as that is the British tradition.

even Diana was called Princess Diana instead of Princess Charles:ermm:

I really hope that she doesn't become Princess Catherine. Sure its modern, equal, blah blah blah, but its not how its done now. When Wills is King, he can do as he pleases. I'm personally looking forward to their new titles being revealed on their wedding day. The Duke and Duchess of.....

I totally agree, I wonder what htey could be.

I wonder if any of the royal families that aren't related to the BRF will be invited such as Sweden, Belgium and Lux royal family?

But never officially.

Diana would correct people who called Princess Diana as she knew that wasn't her title or her right as she wasn't born a Princess of the UK. She took her titles etc from her husband and she was officially and correctly HRH The Princess Charles, The Princess of Wales, The Countess of Chester, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Rothesay etc but never officially or correctly Princess Diana.

What William reportedly wants is for Catherine to be Princess Catherine officially.

There is a difference. If William does't get his wish and the Queen also doesn't give them a title then in things like the Court Circular or other official documents Catherine will appear as HRH Princess William of Wales.

Some traditions are just to out dated these days.... Like the heir marrying a virgin and calling a Princess buy her husbands first name. I read some where that Princess Michael of kent always hated being called that (her real name is Marie Christine I believe). It would almost be like my married name being Mrs. Christopher. Sounds ridiculous if you ask me... :D

Zonk said:
But that was in error. She was never Princess Diana, but always Princess Charles.

Since Prince Charles had a title, wasn't she just HRH The Princess of Wales?, or was she was Princess Charles, but styled Princess if Wales?

Iluvbertie, you believe that Diana stopped people and told them to call her Princess Charles? I have never seen anything regarding this in any book, magazine or paper. May I ask you to provide the link? Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom