The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
BTW, the dainty floral design headpiece belonged to the Queen Mother is the tiara I would like to see Ms Middleton get. The tiara was a wedding gift from the Queen Mother's parents. I think Catherine could do a lot with it.

That's the one I like best, too.
It's not overwhelming as some of the others tend to be.

Also, I think it would be interesting if Kate were to break with tradition and include some color in her dress, not just stay with white or ivory.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to see Catherine in the Strathmore Rose tiara, myself. I think it would look beautiful on her.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's the one I like best, too.
It's not overwhelming as some of the others tend to be.

Also, I think it would be interesting if Kate were to break with tradition and include some color in her dress, not just stay with white or ivory.
I think Ms Middleton is traditional in her fashion sense, so I don't see her in a new trend with say a sapphire blue tie belt. With that dainty floral tiara I see Catherine in a form fitting, beautiful material, bead and pearl, ivory colored bridal dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I'd love to see Catherine in the Strathmore Rose tiara, myself. I think it would look beautiful on her.
That is my next choice of a tiara for Ms. Middleton. I think Catherine would look lovely with her brown, thick hair and a floral tiara. I just hope the Queen thinks so too.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

I found this interesting, since I havent a clue what it signifies: While often seen stopping off at a Tesco in North Wales, Kate is actually a Waitrose kind of girl. When at home in Chapel Row, Berkshire she drives off to the next village which boasts her favourite supermarket.

Tesco vs Waltrose? What's the shorthand? What's it signify that she's a 'Watlrose kind of girl'?

I really liked 'The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara' - I'd pick that one. The Wedding Tiara of Sophie, Countess of Wessex was very delicate, not overpowering. Seems like a tiara governs the hairstyle a lot - or both have to go together, so there's the question: will Kate wear her hair up or down?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I found this interesting, since I havent a clue what it signifies: While often seen stopping off at a Tesco in North Wales, Kate is actually a Waitrose kind of girl. When at home in Chapel Row, Berkshire she drives off to the next village which boasts her favourite supermarket.

Tesco vs Waltrose? What's the shorthand? What's it signify that she's a 'Watlrose kind of girl'?

I really liked 'The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara' - I'd pick that one. The Wedding Tiara of Sophie, Countess of Wessex was very delicate, not overpowering. Seems like a tiara governs the hairstyle a lot - or both have to go together, so there's the question: will Kate wear her hair up or down?
Waitrose is a more upscale supermarket.

And I agree with you - I really like The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

I actually don't really like that dainty, flowery one the Queen Mother had, myabe it's only from the pictures I've seen of it & more could be done with it but I don't like the way it sits on a person's head! Lol.

I don't know much about tiaras but of the ones I've seen I like the Cambridge Lover's Knot (though wouldn't actually suggest using that one since it is very much associated with Diana & they've probably already got enough association with her already...but if they were to become Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on marriage, it would be lovely!) & the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland is nice too, though I think that is one of the Queen's favourites which she uses often so perhaps she wants to keep it for her own use for now. I actually think they will probably get a brand new one made & give it as a gift to Kate on her wedding day.

I just hope whichever tiara she wears suits her & whatever she wears on the day.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
I actually don't really like that dainty, flowery one the Queen Mother had, myabe it's only from the pictures I've seen of it & more could be done with it but I don't like the way it sits on a person's head! Lol.

I just hope whichever tiara she wears suits her & whatever she wears on the day.
Rossop the Queen Mom's dainty, flowery tiara can sit on a person's head the way other tiaras do. Queen Mom just like to wear it that way-like a flapper from the twenties.

I too hope that Ms Middleton gets a tiara that suits her and isn't to heavy when wearing it.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think Ms Middleton is traditional in her fashion sense, so I don't see her in a new trend with say a sapphire blue tie belt. With that dainty floral tiara I see Catherine in a form fitting, beautiful material, bead and pearl, ivory colored bridal dress.

But a white or ivory wedding dress is a fairly recent tradition.
(I know it was worn by Mary Queen of Scots, but wasn't widespread until Queen Victoria).

So it wouldn't be a huge change if Catherine were to incorporate a little color- nothing too glaring but pastel pink, blue, or gold?

Also, I would like to see her have only adults as her attendants and not include any young children. But that would be unlikely, I know.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But a white or ivory wedding dress is a fairly recent tradition.
(I know it was worn by Mary Queen of Scots, but wasn't widespread until Queen Victoria).

So it wouldn't be a huge change if Catherine were to incorporate a little color- nothing too glaring but pastel pink, blue, or gold?

Also, I would like to see her have only adults as her attendants and not include any young children. But that would be unlikely, I know.
I see what you mean, but I think a lot of people would frown upon it since the UK is - in the eyes of many - the master when it comes to tradition, especially combined with a royal wedding. That means a traditional wedding gown without coloring, no matter how subtle, is practically almost expected.

I am very curious to see what kind of gown she will be wearing.

Off-topic side note: just notice the index on this forum. The British are above any other Royal Family.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

The Royal Wedding: secrets of the guest list - Telegraph

Interesting article about the guest list
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Courtier

so we wont know until the day whether Earl Spencer will give a speech?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, very interesting - the possibility of committing faux pas seems to be endless.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Gentry

I think that the Spencers will be recognized here. Prince William is fiercely protective of his mother's image and would in no way want it to look like her family was unwanted at her oldest son's wedding. William may not be 100% Spencer, but he's 50% Spencer whether or not he is actually very involved in their lives. I think that Kate will wear the Spencer Tiara and possibly one of the gifts given to Diana by Charles during the marriage, or one of the wedding gifts. She might choose to wear the Sapphire jewelry set that was given as a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia and goes with the ring. She may wear the Diamond Heart Necklace that Charles gave to Diana as a gift after Prince William's birth. She may wear Mrs. Shand Kydd's earrings that Diana wore at the wedding.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Rossop the Queen Mom's dainty, flowery tiara can sit on a person's head the way other tiaras do. Queen Mom just like to wear it that way-like a flapper from the twenties.

I too hope that Ms Middleton gets a tiara that suits her and isn't to heavy when wearing it.
Ah I thought perhaps it could be worn differently depending on choice/taste/fashion, I just hadn't seen any pics of it worn in any different ways. If so then yes that one would look quite lovely with the right hairstyle & placement
Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbrides1 View Post
I think that the Spencers will be recognized here. Prince William is fiercely protective of his mother's image and would in no way want it to look like her family was unwanted at her oldest son's wedding. William may not be 100% Spencer, but he's 50% Spencer whether or not he is actually very involved in their lives. I think that Kate will wear the Spencer Tiara and possibly one of the gifts given to Diana by Charles during the marriage, or one of the wedding gifts. She might choose to wear the Sapphire jewelry set that was given as a gift from the Crown Prince of Saudia Arabia and goes with the ring. She may wear the Diamond Heart Necklace that Charles gave to Diana as a gift after Prince William's birth. She may wear Mrs. Shand Kydd's earrings that Diana wore at the wedding.
We have discussed this ad nauseam. The Spencer tiara belongs to William's uncle. Catherine is not a Spencer & is not marrying a Spencer. The Royal family have a vault full of tiara's so, no matter what William wants, HM is not going to countenance going "cap in hand" to her recalcitrant godson.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda

We have discussed this ad nauseam. The Spencer tiara belongs to William's uncle. Catherine is not a Spencer & is not marrying a Spencer. The Royal family have a vault full of tiara's so, no matter what William wants, HM is not going to countenance going "cap in hand" to her recalcitrant godson.
But she is marrying someone who is Spencer by blood- 50% just as point of fact....
Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
But she is marrying someone who is Spencer by blood- 50% just as point of fact....
I understand Diana's brother requested she return the tiara as he wanted it for his wife. I see no reason for anyone to now request it for Catherine. The direct link to the Spencer's is unfortunately dead and Catherine is marrying in to the Windsor family. She will wear the tiara QEII decides she should wear, and I am certain it will not be an insignificant one. This is the Queens opportunity to show that the heirs are lined up for a very long time to come. The wedding is a very major event and the third in line for the throne may very well be born by the time she steps down or dies.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Agreed.
I don't even expect Earl Spencer to give a speech at the wedding; the RF must know he's a loose cannon.

Besides, who gives speeches at a wedding, other than the sermon by the Archbishop of Canterbury?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder just how big itll be who recites the vows first Him or Her

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding