The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anyone for a laugh

Royal Wedding: What Kate Middleton and Prince William's big day could look like | Mail Online

Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^^^^
I posted that article earlier today, and found the pictures of Harry and the blonde rather OTT.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC News - Archbishop embraces William and Kate royal wedding
Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Commoner

Merry Christmas for everybody!!! Santa will have to visit a new home next year...
Old 12-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding will see young Royals put skiing season plans on ice | Mail Online
Old 12-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

Are they spending New Year's Eve together?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Are they spending New Year's Eve together?
We won't know until we get pictures. However I doubt we'll get them.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
It reminds me of Nicole Richie's dress:
http://www.stylecaster.com/slideshow/news/10189#1
OMG...that's too much going on! The designers are British ( Marchesa ). Hopefully Kate will look much better . Years ago Nicole's mother bought a pearl diamond tiara specifically for her wedding. Wonder why she didn't wear it? It looked almost exactly like the one Lady Helen Taylor wore at her wedding.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
it will be a long ride in that carriage from Wales/or Burkshire. (SP)
It's Berkshire. Pronounced 'Bark-shuh'.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton to be immortalised in wax at Madame Tussauds | Mail Online
Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
OMG...that's too much going on! The designers are British ( Marchesa ). Hopefully Kate will look much better . Years ago Nicole's mother bought a pearl diamond tiara specifically for her wedding. Wonder why she didn't wear it? It looked almost exactly like the one Lady Helen Taylor wore at her wedding.
Apparently Nicole wanted a dress reminiscent of Grace Kelly's - and I suppose she wanted her veil attached in a similar way.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

they need to update William' hair situation on his model....
But the Queen one is freakishly similar. Amazing!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

I still have a feeling that Catherine may have been offered, and accepted, the use of HM in house design team for her dress. This would account for the rumours of fittings at BP and brings into play the enticing possibility of some gorgeous old fabric HM has put by......
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I still have a feeling that Catherine may have been offered, and accepted, the use of HM in house design team for her dress. This would account for the rumours of fittings at BP and brings into play the enticing possibility of some gorgeous old fabric HM has put by......
I think that would be wonderful if she did that. As we've seen from the day of their engagement announcement and the use of a family heirloom as an engagement ring, both William and Kate are sentimental about things that mean something to them. Perhaps Kate won't even have a new dress for the wedding but rather will have her mother's wedding dress altered to suit a cathedral wedding (I saw a picture of Carole and Mike on their wedding day somewhere but dang if I can find it again) with as Wymanda suggested, some beautiful material/lace that HM has in store.

I really bet that Kate is going to surprise us all on April 29th.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

AFP: Royal wedding bells to chime in 2011

Sadly I feel this line is true..
Quote:
that brought some cheer to Britons, who were pleased at the announcement but not wildly enthusiastic about the ceremony itself, which will take place in London's Westminster Abbey.In November, pollsters ComRes found that two thirds of Britons were "indifferent" to the big day, despite their general attachment to the monarchy.
"As we go towards it, people will get more interested," predicted historian Jean Seaton.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
AFP: Royal wedding bells to chime in 2011

Sadly I feel this line is true..
In 1981 when the engagement of William's parents' was announced the enthusiasm was palpable and continued unabated to the day itself.

This engagement has been greeted with muted enthusiasm, some criticism and a general 'ho hum'.

Yes enthusiasm will be there on the day but this couple don't do anything to inspire. They just are.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the lack of the "fairytale glamour" which attached to William's parents' wedding is a very good thing. The RF needs a solid couple who will get on with the job they need to do, and it seems William and Kate are going to do just that.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I think the lack of the "fairytale glamour" which attached to William's parents' wedding is a very good thing. The RF needs a solid couple who will get on with the job they need to do, and it seems William and Kate are going to do just that.
I agree. With William's parents it was something that happened in such a short amount of time you got the impression of "love at first sight" and the impression that Charles was bowled over by Diana and she as much in love with him also with dreams of "happily ever after". With Will and Kate, they seem to have been together since forever, been through ups and downs and inside outs and stand in line together at the grocery store and do the ordinary things we do everyday. Although very much based in reality, I do think in years to come we'll perhaps be looking at the romance of the 21st century as these two work and grow together and become an integral part of the RF.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

Ever since Diana died there has been a huge void. For me anyway. While no one will ever replace her, I think Kate is a good choice for 'a fresh face' for the BRF. I haven't been this excited since Sarah and Andrews wedding in 1986. I do wonder though, at all the negative comments I read when the engagement was first announced in the daily mail and other british tabloids. could it be that Americans are more excited about this Royal Wedding then the Brits?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

As someone stated before, I also believe that their long courtship contributes. Diana and Charles's had a very short one, so every information that's was out about her came as a "surprise". Kate has been around for +/- 8 years.
The British don't appear to have the same enthusiasm about their marriage as William's parents, but if that contributes to a more peaceful life, well, great then! :)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding