Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is about to place her arm on his for her engagement ring to show like we saw it. I don't think he has her hand between his.

So she won't be accepting that case of jewels then? :innocent: Seriously do you know how big that would be if they refused $ Millions worth of jewels and asked that the money be donated to various charities?!:bounce:

So she won't be accepting that case of jewels then? :innocent: Seriously do you know how big that would be if they refused $ Millions worth of jewels and asked that the money be donated to various charities?!:bounce:

I doubt those jewels would be refused, might be seen as an insult. :);)

I expect the press will soon find out and publish the name of the designer, though. It would be difficult to conceal it until the end of April.

Difficult yes, but not impossible.

And besides, who or what is this "source" who/that claims that Catherine has chosen a designer?
Is the story automatically true because "a source" is mentioned?

Mirabel said:
I expect the press will soon find out and publish the name of the designer, though. It would be difficult to conceal it until the end of April.

I think this shows they will be less forthcoming to public as we've seen before, pretty much as William is now in my opinion and I think some of that is his aversion to press and a wish to 'protect' Catherine

Difficult yes, but not impossible.

And besides, who or what is this "source" who/that claims that Catherine has chosen a designer?
Is the story automatically true because "a source" is mentioned?
I think it is a sure thing that the designer has been choosen and the wedding dress is in the works. After all only 3.5 months to go.

I think the designer has been chosen, but I don't think the name will be released.

I think it is a sure thing that the designer has been choosen and the wedding dress is in the works. After all only 3.5 months to go.

I think the designer has been chosen, but I don't think the name will be released.

Perhaps you both are right, there is not really very much time left between now and the wedding.

I think it will be a hide-and-seek game for the press to find out the designer before the actual day itself. They will of course be very eager to know, and indeed I don't think the name will be released very soon.

Will they invite all the royals?
It would be nice to see Mary, Victoria and Mette Marit there.

Richard Palmer from Daily Express just posted on his twitter that according to his sources still no designer has been chosen. Well I thought the article was pretty legit that it was especially with what the spokeswoman said.

i would think Lord snowdon would be the official Photographer. But that is just a guess.:flowers:

I would be shocked if they didn't hold it at Westminister Abbey. Kate already has Diana's ring; the Royal Family is clearly aiming towards tradition. It is really the only logical place for the wedding. :flowers:

I would be shocked if they didn't hold it at Westminister Abbey. Kate already has Diana's ring; the Royal Family is clearly aiming towards tradition. It is really the only logical place for the wedding. :flowers:

It isn't the only logical place for a wedding, it's IMO a horrible place for this wedding.
Just because she had Diana's ring means she must get married at Westminster?
Tradition for what?

i would think Lord snowdon would be the official Photographer. But that is just a guess.:flowers:

IMO Mario Testino will be William's first choice. He seems to have a good rapport with him.
Is Lord Snowdon actually still working?? The last pics I saw of him he seemed very frail and was walking with a cane.

It isn't the only logical place for a wedding, it's IMO a horrible place for this wedding.
Tradition for what?

Why is it a horrible place for this wedding for you? Because of Diana, Princess of Wales's funeral?

I doubt those jewels would be refused, might be seen as an insult. :);)

I think with asking for charitable donations, it would be nice way of asking them not to gift the 6m rainbow diamonds but rather make a donation of their choice instead. I really admire William and Kate for this decision and I also expect the average citizen who would send the couple a gift even in these strapped times to donate also. I think we can probably count this as the first charitable joint venture of the royal married couple. :)

I admire and applaud William and Kate for this decision to ask for donations to charity rather than gifts. It would be nice to think that the consortium of Arabs who want to give them those diamonds will give 50 million pounds to charity instead, but somehow I don't think it will happen.

Tradition for what?

But why? It's traditional for members of the RF to be married there; Charles and Diana actually broke with tradition when they chose St. Paul's instead.

Nor do I see why they should hesitate because Diana's funeral was held in the Abbey. Many people are christened, married, and buried from their own parish church, and they don't suffer any trauma because some other members of the family had funeral services there.

But why? It's traditional for members of the RF to be married there; Charles and Diana actually broke with tradition when they chose St. Paul's instead.

Nor do I see why they should hesitate because Diana's funeral was held in the Abbey. Many people are christened, married, and buried from their own parish church, and they don't suffer any trauma because some other members of the family had funeral services there.
Right on. westminster Abbey was a good choice!

I actually wouldn't mind if Michelle Obama came. I think it would be nice to see her there.

I'd love it if either Michelle Obama or Jill Biden attended.

President Lyndon Johnson sent his daughter Lynda to a Royal wedding as his representative back in the 1960's..(Anne-Marie and Constantine of Greece)...this while the Vietnam war was raging and there were civil rights and student riots. Lynda was not pals with any of the Greek royals, but the American President had been invited and he sent his daughter.

If the Obamas are invited, I see no problem with the First Lady accepting the invitation.

I'd love it if either Michelle Obama or Jill Biden attended.

President Lyndon Johnson sent his daughter Lynda to a Royal wedding as his representative back in the 1960's..(Anne-Marie and Constantine of Greece)...this while the Vietnam war was raging and there were civil rights and student riots. Lynda was not pals with any of the Greek royals, but the American President had been invited and he sent his daughter.

If the Obamas are invited, I see no problem with the First Lady accepting the invitation.

This is not a State wedding,and the Obama's are not personal friends of the RF. If they were to be invited, then all heads of state would also have to be invited.

IMO Mario Testino will be William's first choice. He seems to have a good rapport with him.
Is Lord Snowdon actually still working?? The last pics I saw of him he seemed very frail and was walking with a cane.
I agree, on both points.

I like Oldfield's designs, but he's talked a fair bit about his work with Diana. I think that Kate would go for a more discrete designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom