Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William needs to finish is military career, which i'm guessing will be in Wales.

Love the word spiffy. :flowers: A new tiara for the new spark in the royal family? :ROFLMAO:

Diana didn't have a choice on anything in her wedding I don't think. Watching a program about it a while ago, where The Queen comes up to Diana and tells her she can't have this woman as a bridesmaid/attendant because of her past. The same applied to Lord Snowdon I think?

I think Pippa will be featured, Autumn Phillips had Zara as a bridesmaid, don't see why Kate shouldn't be allowed.

Didn't Autumn have one of her best friend as well?

Didn't Autumn have one of her best friend as well?

Autumn had 6
Jackie Aubie- friend from canada
Zara - peter's sister
Susannah Toynbee- friend from england
Stephanie - peter's half sister
Jessica - autums' half sister
Rosie bush - peter's goddaughter

Last edited:
I'm not sure Autumn's wedding was considered "royal."

As for Pippa, if she's living with someone (is she, isn't she involved with Earl Somebody), probably not.

Maid of Honor: Philippa "Pippa" Middleton
Best man: Prince Harry and maybe Peter Phillips for a second
Groomsmen: At least one of the Van Cutsem brothers, most assuredly William van Cutsem, maybe also Edward because he is godson of Charles and was in the Diana/Charles wedding (something old?:) Already got "something blue" with that mega sapphire)

Bridesmaids:
Zara Phillips, and/or Autumn Phillips
Princess Beatrice and/or Eugenie
Lady Rose Gilman

Little bridesmaids? (or "flower girls"?)
Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Eloise Taylor
Estella Taylor

Young groomsmen?
Charles A-J
Samuel Chatto
Arthur Chatto
Columbus Taylor
Cassius Taylor

I'm not sure Autumn's wedding was considered "royal."

As for Pippa, if she's living with someone (is she, isn't she involved with Earl Somebody), probably not.

She married a royal, in a very royal place, attended by a lot of royals.
Just because Peter doesn't have a title, doesn't make him not royal.

What does living with someone have to do with anything? Kate was living with William.

Actually, Diana did have a hand in her wedding.

A lot of it is determined by the BRF...but I believe the song...I Vow to thee my country was a favorite of hers...chosen by her...also played/sung at her funeral.

She also admired Dame Kiri (can't remember her last name).

I am sure there will be some touches of Catherine and William in teh ceremony.

Catherine will definitely wear a tiara. Autumn Kelly wore one for her wedding, Sarah Ferguson and Sophie Rhys-Jones as well...and Catherine is marrying someone with an ever higher rank, if I may say.:D

These gowns from Philippa Lepley are simply stunning! Kate has a very nice figure, she's young, she can wear anything. Although I don't expect a strapless or sleeveless gown, it's definitely a no-no for this kind of wedding.

For the bridesmaids and flowergirls: I hope the Wessex children will be included :flowers:

Lu, you know that what goes on in the real world is not acceptable at a royal wedding (re: Pippa)!

I have nothing to refute that Kate lives with William. Glad he's making an honest woman of her, but I guess I'm not a "modern" woman. A trip to the registrar's office would suffice.

Although Peter has royal lineage, I don't think of him as royal at all. Perhaps after their child is born he will decide to claim a title.

Prince william engagement

As far as I know people in the conserative party as well as liberals do not want to have an monarchy beacause if you really look at it what do they really do for a living - it is niceand all you may never know maybe i will marry a royal i wish them all the best but it probably will not last I still think he is to young:ermm:

Actually, Diana did have a hand in her wedding.

A lot of it is determined by the BRF...but I believe the song...I Vow to thee my country was a favorite of hers...chosen by her...also played/sung at her funeral.

She also admired Dame Kiri (can't remember her last name).

I am sure there will be some touches of Catherine and William in teh ceremony.

YES!! And Diana also chose that little girl from the kindergarten class, forgot her name, as one of the little bridesmaids.

And I think Diana chose her friend Carolyn for MOH.

Although Peter has royal lineage, I don't think of him as royal at all. Perhaps after their child is born he will decide to claim a title.

Can he do that I was not awear he could just diecied he wanted a titled at the age of 33??? Plus I don't think he would.

Yes, but Carolyn wasn't the official MOH.

This is off topic but I wanted to address the posts that Diana had no input at all in her wedding, which is not the case.

Also to show that although this is an official royal function, Kate will have input as well. It won't be as if she is marrying Joe Smith and she has to pay for the lot and everything is a reflection of Kate...but she does have a say in the matter.

I think William and Kate's wedding will be alot like that of Andrew and Fergie. He wasn't the heir either, but they had a relatively big wedding in Westminster Abbey with most of the European royalty in attendance. I can't see why the next summer one should be anything less.

I'm thinking Tom von Straubenzee (sp?) may get some kind of role in the wedding. He's become very close to them both. They may choose to have a fewgroomsmen or ushers.

I didn't realize that.

Yes, but I think was an attempt to acknowledge that someone else did die with Diana that day and a way to try to ease the tensions between the families.

Unless the al Fayed are close personal friends, I wouldn't imagine they would attend Williams wedding.

Remember the wedding day is about the bridal couples friends and family, the government, the foreign guests. This isn't going to be St. Paul's big but a lot of people will not be on guest list and I am thinking the al Fayed will be among that lot.

Peter Philips can't claim a title -- there's nothing for him to claim. His father was offered an earldom upon his marriage to Princess Anne, but he declined. Which meant that neither Peter nor Zara have titles. Grandchildren of the monarch in the female line are not entitled to squat.

St. Paul's might offer a better view to the guests, but considering how private William is, I think he might prefer Westminster Abbey where the view of the bridal couple will blocked for most of the audience! ;)

Also, I've seen people refer to Diana's Lover's Knot tiara and I wanted to clarify that it's the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara. It was commissioned by Queen Mary, who wanted to recreate a tiara worn by her grandmother, the Duchess of Cambridge. It was inherited the current queen who then gave it to Diana after her marriage. It is currently in the hands of the Queen.

It would be nice for Catherine to get this tiara as a link to William's Windsor heritage, but I am also certain that the Queen has many other tiaras in the vaults that she could bring out for Kate. I would like to see her wear the Kokoshnik tiara that the Queen herself wore for her own wedding.

Peter Philips can't claim a title -- there's nothing for him to claim. His father was offered an earldom upon his marriage to Princess Anne, but he declined. Which meant that neither Peter nor Zara have titles. Grandchildren of the monarch in the female line are not entitled to squat.

But that doesn't mean that the Queen can't grant him a title...but I don't think that will happen. Peter likes to live off the radar.

I do think that he might be another supporter...but Harry definitely has that role.

Where do you all think they will live after their marriage?

That is already known, they will live in North Wales.

Wow, I would have thought they would have a London residence.

according to the british press they will live in north wales, when in london williams apartment at st james` palace and possibly a new house on the duchy of cornwall estate

Prince William and Kate Middleton: How the royal wedding day will unfold - mirror.co.uk

my suggestions:

gown: hopefully somthing by a british designer

helper/bestman: prince harry and/possibly peter phillips

bridesmides: pippa, posibly zara, the wessexes, wills god children, some young neices and nephews of kate.

I applaud that they are going to live in Wales. IMO it woudl do them well to learn Welsh and help start JCI chapters in Wales. JCI is an international organization for young people who wish to develop their leadership skills through community service. HRH William and Catherine would be excellent poster children for this organization.

I would like to see her wear the Kokoshnik tiara that the Queen herself wore for her own wedding.

The Queen wore the Hanoverian Fringe Tiara (also called the George III Tiara or the Russian Fringe Tiara) for her wedding (seen here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-1947-a-3577-2.html Post #28), as did Princess Anne when she married.

The Russian Kokoshnik Tiara (seen here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...and-necklaces-1-nov-2005-nov-2007-a-6908.html Post #1, the fourth picture) resembles the Fringe Tiara greatly, but is not the same tiara.

Just trying to clarify. :flowers:

the wessexes, wills god children, some young neices and nephews of kate.

Kate doesn't have any neices or nephews.
Lady Louise is likely to be a flower girl, and perhaps Viscount Servern as a page boy.

Lu, you know that what goes on in the real world is not acceptable at a royal wedding (re: Pippa)!

I have nothing to refute that Kate lives with William. Glad he's making an honest woman of her, but I guess I'm not a "modern" woman. A trip to the registrar's office would suffice.

Umm I still don't understand why Pippa not living with someone will affect her attendance at the wedding?
The Queen cannot refuse to invite her because she is living with someone she is dating. Especially when William and Kate have done that for years.

He can't claim anything, he can be given one. But why would he want one all of a sudden after having a child?

The Queen wore the Hanoverian Fringe Tiara (also called the George III Tiara or the Russian Fringe Tiara) for her wedding (seen here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-1947-a-3577-2.html Post #28), as did Princess Anne when she married.

The Russian Kokoshnik Tiara (seen here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...and-necklaces-1-nov-2005-nov-2007-a-6908.html Post #1, the fourth picture) resembles the Fringe Tiara greatly, but is not the same tiara.

Just trying to clarify. :flowers:

Oops! I was looking online at the Royal Collection a few nights ago for the Faberge eggs and may have gotten the Fringe Tiara mixed up with all the other Russian gems. Things do tend to blend together after 1 AM.

Still, it was a lovely tiara and it would be a nice touch for Kate to borrow it for the wedding.

A few thoughts & questions...

Residence: Nobody apart from Charles has a separate London residence, do they? I could imagine an apartment at St. James' Palace for the newlywed couple in London. Did anybody take over the one Charles vacated for Clarence House?

A cottage in North Wales won't be a suitable accommodation for them, IMO. While it's fine to live there while on duty, every senior member of the family has been given pretty awesome accommodation upon marriage so I don't see why that would change with William, it just hasn't been worked out yet.

Tiara: Since it was pointed out to be the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara it might be quite suitable if William is given the Cambridge dukedom

Attendants: Kate has no nieces or nephews (mentioned in another post), don't know about young cousins, though. Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones was Diana's oldest bridesmaid at what 16-17 years of age? In that case, though, Diana's elder sisters were already married. I think Pippa is the obvious choice for lead bridesmaid, especially if this wedding is closer in tone to Peter & Autumn's, but bigger. I really REALLY hope that Lady Louise is in the group -- I don't see how she could not be, but we all know her parents' stance by now.

Date: June 27th (rumor) is a Monday, which I think would be a highly unlikely choice of day, don't you?

A few thoughts & questions...

Residence: Nobody apart from Charles has a separate London residence, do they? I could imagine an apartment at St. James' Palace for the newlywed couple in London. Did anybody take over the one Charles vacated for Clarence House?

A cottage in North Wales won't be a suitable accommodation for them, IMO. While it's fine to live there while on duty, every senior member of the family has been given pretty awesome accommodation upon marriage so I don't see why that would change with William, it just hasn't been worked out yet.

Well you could count HM as having two separate residences. ;)
Where did Charles live before Clarence House?

Well I believe it is, they will live in Wales while he is stationed there. Then move to London and take up residence at I imagine St James' or Kensington. Or it is speculated that in the long term, ia house will be built for the couple at Harewood Park, a Duchy of Cornwall estate in Herefordshire, an hour's drive from Charles's Highgrove home.

Tiaras

Any speculation on tiaras? Prince William might like to see her wear the Spencer tiara or the Cambridge lover's knot. The Queen might give one to Prince William for her, perhaps her saphire tiara that she had made to go with the saphire necklace that her father, King George VI, gave her as a wedding present which she might also pass on to Prince William for his bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom