Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The Philippa Lepley dresses are gorgeous and there were a few that I could see Kate in. An excellent mix of classic and couture.

I am suspecting a wedding at Windsor. Charles is the POW so the Charles/Diana wedding with him being the immediate heir was more important than the wedding of William and Catherine's will be. With Edward and Sophie, Charles and Camilla and Peter and Amber Phillips we have already seen that the wedding could well be televised, and security would be more easily controlled. I think with everyone's consideration of the economy, this wedding will be on a smaller scale than Charles and Diana's.

The announcement stated that the wedding will be in London, so St. George's has likely been ruled out already.

I think your photoshopping looks very good. I esp like the Strathmore tiara on Catherine and the last dress is lovely. :flowers:

Shelo, your photoshopped pics are so cute. I like the dress suggestions and the Strathmore tiara on Kate. Also,I like your predictions. I hope we see Camilla's granddaughters in the wedding, and also Lady Louise, and it seems likely about Konstantinos Alexios. Also Lady Helen Taylor's girls!

For bridesmaids, what about.....? (Besides Maid of Honor, which I'm sure will be Pippa):
1) Zara
2) Autumn
3) Laura Lopes or Sara PB?
4) Lady Rose Gilman (seems to be Kate's friend, since Kate attended that wedding?)
5) That Emilia Jardine Paterson
6) Maybe Jessica Craig (!!!!):) I hope so because Kate seems to like her, and she will be beautiful for the wedding, and this would put the kibosh on the rumor that they are rivals.

I hadn't thought about Lady Rose.
Who''s Emilia Jardine Paterson?

I doubt Jecca Craig will make a Bridesmaid appearance, neither Laura, Sara, Zara or Autumn.

If anything, I hope she'll choose for a wedding dress that is not strapless and has at least an amount of sleeve.
I absolutely don't like strapless, imo it's way too bare, and it seems to be the only thing all brides wear today - ugh. Even royal weddings, my escape route, aren't safe from the sleeveless trend anymore.

What happened to style and classics and just why are strapless gowns so liked?

Oh these are very good pictures! I think the second one is my favourite - somehow it reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria!

I don't think it will be a tiara event. The Prince of Wales marriage wasn't, so why would his son be?

Good job, Shelo! :) The second and the last dress would be my favorite dresses here. I like the lace sleeves.

I think William is making a statement with the use of Diana's ring and I think he will continue along those lines by asking members of the Spencer family to be in the wedding and honoring Diana in choice of jewels and tiara. I also think the Earl Spencer, the Fellowes and McCorqudales will sit with the Groom's family during the wedding and be invited to the wedding breakfast:

Venue: St. Paul's Cathedral
Dress: Elizabeth Emmanuel
Tiara: Diana's Lover's Knot or Spencer Tiara
Jewels: Some of Diana's jewels and possibly Will's grandma Frances Spencer's earrings that Diana wore at her wedding.
Possible Supporters: Prince Harry, Peter Philips, George McCorqudale, Alexander Fellowes, Nicholas Van Custem
Possible Bridesmaids: Pippa Middleton, Lady Katherine "Kitty" Spencer, Beatrice, Eugenie, Laura Fellowes (already in Duke of York Wedding), Emily McCorqudale, Celia McCorqudale, Eleanor Fellowes
Possible Little Bridesmaids/Groomsmen: Viscount Severen, Viscount Althorp, Lady Louise, Charles or Margarita Linley, Samuel or Arthur Chatto, Prince Alexios, Grace Van Custem, Lord Edmund Spencer, Lady Laura Spencer, Lady Amelia Spencer, Lady Katya Spencer, Eloise Taylor.

Possible Unusual People Invited: Mohamed Al Fayed, Trevor Rees-Jones, Victoria Lockwood Aitken (Spencer), Caroline Freud (Spencer), Andrew Parker-Bowles, Peter Shand Kydd, Raine, Dowager Countess Spencer,

With all due respect, why would Catherine wear a Spencer family tiara or earrings? She is not a Spencer and neither is William...

With all due respect, why would Catherine wear a Spencer family tiara or earrings? She is not a Spencer and neither is William...

Agreed, I would not expect to see the Spencer tiara reappear at the wedding.

I think the wedding should take place at St Paul's Cathedral because
a) it's bigger
b) the acoustics are better
c) guests will have a better view of the ceremony
d) it has a grand flight of steps at the west end so the bride's train will be shown off to its best advantage there, especially if it's a long one, which it'll have to be in order to avoid being dwarfed by the sheer size of St Paul's.

I think her dress will have a longish train but not the frilly frock that Diana wore.

Wrong, Madame Royale, William IS a Spencer through his mother.

Good job, Shelo! :) The second and the last dress would be my favorite dresses here. I like the lace sleeves.

I love the neckline on the first one and the dainty lace sleeves but I'm not all that keen on straight skirts because they're too restricting and don't flow like fuller ones, especially on stairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kate will also be joining the Spencer family, William has Spencer blood running through him, and his mother was a Spencer.

Wrong, Madame Royale, William IS a Spencer through his mother.

Wrong, Catherine Helvin, William is not a Spencer. He is only a descendant of...

Kate will also be joining the Spencer family, William has Spencer blood running through him, and his mother was a Spencer.

She wont be joining the Spencer family as William is not a Spencer. She, like William, will be a Windsor.

That his mother was born a Spencer doesn't stand for much in a society where we are born into our father's family. The mothers line is only ever considered an ancestral link.

Last edited:
She wont be joining the Spencer family as William is not a Spencer. She, like William, will be a Windsor.

That his mother was born a Spencer doesn't stand for much in a society where we are born into our father's family. The mothers line is only ever considered an ancestral link.

I have to disagree, William may not be a Spencer by name but he is still a Spencer. She is still becoming part of the Spencer clan too, which I beleive William is part of.

Love the idea of a Princess Catherine....Princess Catherine Elizabeth no less...I am going to get ahead of myself because in the engagment thread there is talk of children already and using the name 'Diana' for a daughter...I definitely think they will, but not as a first name and since royals are given the option of four to five names, it will definitely be included...I am thinking something along the lines of:

Princess Alice Elizabeth Mary Diana or something...but I am certainly jumping the gun ;)

Interesting, as "Lake Alice" was mentioned in the article discussing where Prince William proposed to her. Another was mentioned, "Lake Michaelson" or something similar. Leads to another name option! :flowers:

That his mother was born a Spencer doesn't stand for much in a society where we are born into our father's family.

Ouch....Madame Royale, are we not born of our mothers and fathers? I like to think that my three children have my family blood as well as my husbands running through their veins. If this is not the case, then woman have even less crediblility in society than I thought :sad: What a shame!
On a lighter note, I can see a lot of Diana in William when I watch him talk. The way he drops his head and looks out from under his brow and especially his smile. The speculation about venues, dresses, guests, bridemaids, dates etc leading up to the wedding is going to be emmense and quite exciting. :clap:

Last edited:
I think William is making a statement with the use of Diana's ring and I think he will continue along those lines by asking members of the Spencer family to be in the wedding and honoring Diana in choice of jewels and tiara. I also think the Earl Spencer, the Fellowes and McCorqudales will sit with the Groom's family during the wedding and be invited to the wedding breakfast:

Dress: Elizabeth Emmanuel
Tiara: Diana's Lover's Knot or Spencer Tiara
Jewels: Some of Diana's jewels and possibly Will's grandma Frances Spencer's earrings that Diana wore at her wedding.
Possible Supporters: Prince Harry, Peter Philips, George McCorqudale, Alexander Fellowes, Nicholas Van Custem
Possible Bridesmaids: Pippa Middleton, Lady Katherine "Kitty" Spencer, Beatrice, Eugenie, Laura Fellowes (already in Duke of York Wedding), Emily McCorqudale, Celia McCorqudale, Eleanor Fellowes
Possible Little Bridesmaids/Groomsmen: Viscount Severen, Viscount Althorp, Lady Louise, Charles or Margarita Linley, Samuel or Arthur Chatto, Prince Alexios, Grace Van Custem, Lord Edmund Spencer, Lady Laura Spencer, Lady Amelia Spencer, Lady Katya Spencer, Eloise Taylor.

Possible Unusual People Invited: Mohamed Al Fayed, Trevor Rees-Jones, Victoria Lockwood Aitken (Spencer), Caroline Freud (Spencer), Andrew Parker-Bowles, Peter Shand Kydd, Raine, Dowager Countess Spencer,

I think that may be a little too heavy on the Diana references. I don't think William & Kate want a big fussy to-do. Here's my thoughts:
Dress: something a-line with a medium length train (hopefully not a coat-over-dress combo)
Tiara: Diana's Lover's Knot Tiara
Jewels: Simple pearl and diamond earrings would be beautiful
Possible Supporters: Prince Harry, Peter Philips,
Possible Bridesmaids: Pippa Middleton, Beatrice, Eugenie,
Possible Little Bridesmaids/Groomsmen: Viscount Severen, Lady Louise,

Possible Unusual People Invited: I think you'll see the Spencer relatives as well as Camilla's children and their families.

Certainly, William is descended of the Spencer family, but he is not a member of that house.

But in any case, it makes absolutely no sense for Catherine to wear any jewels belonging to Earl Spencer when she is marrying into the House of Windsor.

Ouch....Madame Royale, are we not born of our mothers and fathers? I like to think that my three children have my family blood as well as my husbands running through their veins. If this is not the case, then woman have even less crediblility in society than I thought. What a shame!

I think I made the point quite clear actually.

No one is denying a mothers' lineage nor the lineage passed onto any children. It is however a fact that children are known to be born into their fathers 'house', hence taking on their fathers name. William was born a Windsor and into the Windsor dynasty. He was not born a Spencer, however, he was born of a Spencer, maternally. In this instance, it is only considered an ancestral association.

Charles married into this particular family, being that he married a member of this house, but Catherine isn't. That is the point I am making...;)

On a lighter note, I can see a lot of Diana in William when I watch him talk

It's uncanny! Even the way he tilts his head and the way his eyes interact with his surrounds whilst talking. He resembles his mother greatly.

Last edited:
What about Saturday 28th May 2011?
I personally think would be a very nice date!

21st June would be wonderful.
Does anyone think they will create a bank holiday for the day the couple marry?

I don't think it will be a tiara event. The Prince of Wales marriage wasn't, so why would his son be?

Well, it could be..... King Carl Gustav´s Wedding was also a morning event (Long dresses and hat) -- and he even was the reigning king at this time -- and Victoria´s was an afternoon (i.e. Tiara) wedding!

Oooh, I´d looooove to have another tiara wedding! Or at least a pre-wedding Tiara event!

Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom