The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Do you mean something like Gwen Stefani wore on her wedding day?

I don't think that is appropriate at all for a royal wedding, makes it too modern. Just my opinion of course.
Not qiute Gwen,maybe something more sophisticated and closer to classical style

Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

i feel sorry for William, because no matter HOW much he wants to change things and do everything his own way, there will be little he can change in his lifetime. This is royalty, EVERYTHING can't be changed suddenly, years of tradition can't be written off. They will try to change one small step at a time...maybe by the time of William's grandchildren, things will be immensely different. Or maybe even by the time his children are older.

"treacherous world" is it really that bad:(

Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
i feel sorry for William, because no matter HOW much he wants to change things and do everything his own way, there will be little he can change in his lifetime. This is royalty, EVERYTHING can't be changed suddenly, years of tradition can't be written off. They will try to change one small step at a time...maybe by the time of William's grandchildren, things will be immensely different. Or maybe even by the time his children are older.

"treacherous world" is it really that bad:(
That's royalty.
If he didn't want to live by it, he could have easily opted out.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Tradition serves a purpose and has its usefulness. You can make modification and operate differently from the yesteryears without changing the rules completely. Charles had to marry a virgin because he felt it was his duty, but today William did not have to suffer the same fate and that's an example of adjusting to the times. I don't think the royals have to change as much as they need to evolve.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's inevitable and desirable that William will get quite a lot of his way, partly because the current mood seems to be that the country wants a young, attractive, accomplished leader who holds down a proper job.

Having said that, HM the Queen is still an iconic figure (more iconic than Diana, I think) because of her work ethic.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Courtier

^Yes, which is why William's choice of a bride baffles me so much because her work ethic is somewhat questionable. She seems to be a very old-fashioned choice minus the virgin part, unless she's the type to want the ring securely on her finger before she starts imposing herself. In any case, this whole thing is being played rather oddly, and maybe that's because we live in a very different media time.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

I still wonder where the label "questionable work ethic" comes from?
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
^Yes, which is why William's choice of a bride baffles me so much because her work ethic is somewhat questionable. She seems to be a very old-fashioned choice minus the virgin part, unless she's the type to want the ring securely on her finger before she starts imposing herself. In any case, this whole thing is being played rather oddly, and maybe that's because we live in a very different media time.
I think William made heart choice and that's the most important of all.It's a revolutionary choice of future Princess Wales,as she has no royal blood.But it's good choice;about virginity we could not talk more as they have been dating 8 years,thus "practicing long enough together " as Prince Charles said.
After all,Kate has a very good reputation,nearly virgin.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I think William made heart choice and that's the most important of all.It's a revolutionary choice of future Princess Wales,as she has no royal blood.But it's good choice;about virginity we could not talk more as they have been dating 8 years,thus "practicing long enough together " as Prince Charles said.
After all,Kate has a very good reputation,nearly virgin.
That's one way of looking at it. She's a safe and old-fashioned choice, except she's not a virgin, is what I meant to say.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
I wonder the same thing. Is it because we have not seen her working yet? Besides, who or what decides when a work ethic is "questionable"?

In the engagement interview she said that she has worked hard for her parents' company, I suppose that doesn't count with some?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Courtier

I don't believe for one minute she worked that hard for her parents, but in the spirit of not starting an argument over who's opinion matter more or who's right or wrong, I take the statement back.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
I don't believe for one minute she worked that hard for her parents, but in the spirit of not starting an argument over who's opinion matter more or who's right or wrong, I take the statement back.
May I ask why you don't believe it?
Old 11-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Courtier

I think too that she is a safe bet, and easy to handle, and thats why she has that ring on her finger.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Some people are talking about Kates virginity, which I think 1 = a very personal topic and 2 = people are saying she isn't a virgin, yes this isn't likely, but we cannot state it as fact unless you know Kate personally.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Prince Harry asks Chelsy Davy to royal wedding and Pippa Middleton may be lady-in-waiting | Mail Online

Bridesmaids I like both these girls.

I am very much looking forward to the Monaco wedding too.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Initially from the paparazzi and press, I think. They would have loved her to have a job where she could have been stalked day and night, but they were frustrated in these desires. So they took their revenge by labelling her "workshy", and gullible tabloid readers have followed suit. Some jealousy involved, too, I'd guess.

Fortunately for Kate, there is a family business, and this was an option which allowed her to keep a bit of privacy. I think it was a discreet solution.

Of course, many people work in family businesses - it's nothing out of the ordinary, and I doubt most of them have to put up with such sneers and accusations.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Some people are talking about Kates virginity, which I think 1 = a very personal topic and 2 = people are saying she isn't a virgin, yes this isn't likely, but we cannot state it as fact unless you know Kate personally.
Totally agreed, that is the last thing that is our business.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Courtier

For every gullible tabloid readers, you have equal amount of observers that are willing to be whitewashed.

I don't care whether Kate is a virgin or not, and if you think I was discussing virginity, then you missed my point which is fine.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You said "very old fashioned choice minus the virgin part", and then went on to say "except she's not a virgin". You may have been talking about the fact that she is old-fashioned but you kept bringing up her virginity. When there was no need to. You could have explained your point without mentioning her virginity. Btw, how do you know whether she has or hasn't lost it?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the virgin thing is very personal issue to both Kate and William. And if she did keep it bravo for her.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding