The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll put this in here since it also talks a bit about what their going to do after they're married

Prince William: Let my father become King - Telegraph
Andrew Lloyd Webber Wants to Compose for Prince William's Wedding 2010/11/27

Old 11-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Smart move on William's part. The idea of him displacing Charles needs to be nipped in the bud, and it was necessary for him to let his views be know. It is, indeed, not a popularity contest.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for William sticking up for his Dad. I don't think people give Prince Charles enough credit. I think he'd make a great King and like the Queen he'll put his duty & country first above all else.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Anna View Post
I pretty much agree with most of you but I am surprised no one has mentioned Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie.
I am surprised about that too! I guess Uncle Andy would feel really dissapointed with Wills if his daugthers were not included...Actually, the list will be composed of WIndsors+Spencers+Middletons+Bowles(?)+friends on both sides...Seems to be a lot of people.... About children, there are no direct nephews and nieces on none side...
Old 11-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'll put this in here since it also talks a bit about what their going to do after they're married

There is nothing in this article that is any different to what has been said in the past - 'aides' at the palace saying William doesn't want to do it.

It isn't directly from William and until it is the issue will continue to rise, as it has done for the last 20 or so years.

The 'aides' aren't even named - so more unsubstantiated reports about William says, thinks etc.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

“Kate will be pursuing her own projects in time, but the plan is very much for her to be introduced to the role and shown the ropes, and not plunging in unprepared.”

I'm so glad they are giving Kate the time to learn the ropes first!

BTW, this is another "argument" for "letting nature take its course" as far as succession goes. There is no immediate rush for either Kate or William. Let them prepare, but also live their own young lives.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Commoner

Andrew Lloyd Weber, Elton Jhon...too many famous people! The marriage could become a kind of spectacle of big names and loose its character of a wedding party (a cozy and warm reunion with the people you care and care for you). This could intimidate Kate, becauses she`s not yet totally familiar with these things...Letizia (of Spain) was so nervous in her wedding that looked like a statue ... and part of the charm was lost...
Old 11-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:

If Charles were to be skipped - that would really weaken the monarchy as it would make it seem so easily manipulated. I think it would throw more folks into the Republican side. If the royal family and government doesn't honor the "rules" for who is monarch then it makes it seem less "ordained."
Old 11-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

We know William will not be with them this year at Christmas we even have heard he may skip many more Christmas' with the BRF but we weren't sure till now what Kate will be doing....till now. Also Kate wants Pippa to organize her official engagements...hookay this is getting weirder by the minute but I do hope the bit about Kate and Centrepoint is true!

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William and Kate Middleton: One's heli of an Xmas
Old 11-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Speaking of weddings, I came across this quaint little snippet of information the other day:

In 1923 the BBC considered broadcasting the marriage of Lady Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon (later, the Queen Mother) to the Duke of York (the future George VI). Courtiers refused on the grounds that the service might be heard 'by men in public houses' with their caps still on.

This was 87 years ago. I wonder if, in 87 years hence, people will be equally amused/bemused by what the current crop of courtiers believe is important.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We know William will not be with them this year at Christmas we even have heard he may skip many more Christmas' with the BRF but we weren't sure till now what Kate will be doing....till now. Also Kate wants Pippa to organize her official engagements...hookay this is getting weirder by the minute but I do hope the bit about Kate and Centrepoint is true!

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince William and Kate Middleton: One's heli of an Xmas
Can a family member be hired as LIW? And I also hope that the story about Kate volunteering at Centrepoint is true. That would be really nice for her & the people that will get to work with her.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

One of the novel questions which arise when a member of the middle class marries the Prince of Wales' elder son.

I can't think of a reason why a close relative could not be a lady-in-waiting. I am fairly sure more distant relatives have been in the past. I think the issue here arises from the word "lady". Traditionally ladies-in-waiting have been noblewomen, appointed, not hired. It was an honour, not something for which the lady would be paid. If Pippa were to be so appointed, and paid a salary, it would change the nature of the role.

Any experts out there to give us a definitive answer?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Can a family member be hired as LIW? And I also hope that the story about Kate volunteering at Centrepoint is true. That would be really nice for her & the people that will get to work with her.
Lady Sarah McCorquadale acted as LiW to her sister, Diana Princess of Wales.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

So will they appear and kiss or won't they? The Queen sure hopes so!
William and Kate set for Palace kiss | Mail Online
Old 11-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
So will they appear and kiss or won't they? The Queen sure hopes so!
William and Kate set for Palace kiss | Mail Online
Appear yes - kiss well that could depend on how superstitious they are - two kisses on that balcony and two divorces - not a good track record.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Well according to Charles, they've been practising a long time. I thing they should show us what they've learned.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry invites Chelsy to wedding...while Pippa may be lady-in-waiting | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Being best man is a team sport for Prince William's chums - Telegraph

btw do they normally announce the wedding dress designer for the weddings of the members of the BRF?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will Prince Albert and Charleen be invited to Prince William's wedding?

I'm sure the guest list it 's not quite made up,but it could be possible.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like that bride's dress won't be purely white "virginal" colour,it will seem anyway funny and traditional,it would be great if would decide mixed colour dress (pale rose or blue colouring mixed with beige or white)
Old 11-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I would like that bride's dress won't be purely white "virginal" colour,it will seem anyway funny and traditional,it would be great if would decide mixed colour dress (pale rose or blue colouring mixed with beige or white)
Do you mean something like Gwen Stefani wore on her wedding day?

I don't think that is appropriate at all for a royal wedding, makes it too modern. Just my opinion of course.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding