The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Cambridge!!. Well, I guess (hope??!!) they won't call her Princess Kate/Catherine since she is also a Dutchess.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I haven't slept yet. I will this morning (here in the US anyway) after the balcony appearance, which should be about 7 am or so.
I imagine I'll be dead tired by then and ready to crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
According to the BBC James Middleton has left the Goring Hotel and is having breakfast at Clarence House with his soon to be brother-in-law.

That's a nice touch. Really suggests how close they are.
Aww! It's so nice to see William getting so much support on his big day. Also, I suspect that James wouldn't have been much help with getting the bride ready.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Gentry

OMG WHAT was the BBC newsreaders in st Andrews
Wearing???
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Deborah View Post
OMG WHAT was the BBC newsreaders in st Andrews
Wearing???
Edith Bowman? I'm so glad someone else thought that too!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

The BBC Online link provided in the sticky thread at the top of the forum is still showing recorded video footage, and nothing live. This is really aggravating.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Courtier

BBC world just had Andrew Morton on.

The woman on the CBC just said Kanye West was going to be there. Please tell me she's lying!!

Why isn't BBC World showing the arrivals??
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

The first guests are queuing to get in!

I can't believe I'm so excited about this. I'm not even really a royalist as such tbh. My 7-year-old is up and as excited as anything and I'm finding his enthusiasm so catching.

It's just so nice to have the tv and news featuring something nice for a change.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:36 AM
Serene Highness

Just saw the trees in the Abbey! They look lovely. They really broke that cold aura of the Abbey.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Moderator Emeritus

There's a clear pecking order in the seating! The Queen and Prince Philip get big chairs with arms. Charles, Camilla, and (I assume) Harry get red cloth-covered chairs. Everyone else gets a regular chair.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Just saw the trees in the Abbey! They look lovely. They really broke that cold aura of the Abbey.

I totally agree; they look amazing. I've also seen some very interesting hats so far.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Watching the first of the guest going into the Abbey and they showed a somewhat aerial view of the aisle and the trees in the nave. I think it looks very very impressive.

With Kate using the language of flowers, you'd really think that its a big thumbs up to a good relationship with her soon to be father-in-law.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

William is two weeks younger than I am, so I feel like I've grown up with him over the years. Seeing him get married now.....I'll probably be crying at the end.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster
They are nice, but they kinda block the view a little. Maybe that was the point - serve double duty by looking pretty but giving a hint of privacy?.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

The abbey looks wonderful! The red carpet looks stunning!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Yeah, I was afraid the church would be a little too dark and cold-feeling (that's the feeling I got from the videos of Andrew and Sarah's wedding, at least), but they've really lifted it up.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Aristocracy

The abbey just never ceases to impress, such a stunning venue.

The little bridesmaids are on their way to the Goring hotel in minibuses. They seemed to be waving away to the crowd.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone point me in the direction of an online feed with some commentary? While this BBC feed is nice, there's no talking.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass
The abbey just never ceases to impress, such a stunning venue.

The little bridesmaids are on their way to the Goring hotel in minibuses. They seemed to be waving away to the crowd.
Adorable! Lady Louise is so cute! They all are
Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Seriously, someone help me out.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Seriously, someone help me out.
Ellakaytweets is tweeting live commentary off the coverage she is watching but I don't know of any online coverage- BBC isn't showing their coverage online?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding