The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Nobility

The Processional Music for tomorrow

KittyAtlanta: Many British weddings, especially formal ones, use a hymn setting as a processional that has both congregational and choral verses. I always have loved the idea, as it gives the congregation involvement. For my own daughter's wedding (a pretty "high church" wedding), we used John Rutter's arrangement of Now Thank We All Our God for choir/congregation/brass ensemble and organ for the recessional. It was very uplifting, exciting and beautiful. I know you will change your mind when you hear this arrangement of I Was Glad, as it is very beautiful and meaningful and there will be choral descants along with the congregation singing making it quite thrilling!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
The program is now online. The picture of Prince William and Catherine is amazing!!

Foundation Project
I got mine printed out and all ready to go for tonight!

Love the picture too! Mario Testino did them justice!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG View Post
Pretty funny. They got William's hair right, better than the Lifetime movie did.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The order of service has been released as a downloadable PDF.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I got mine printed out and all ready to go for tonight!

Love the picture too! Mario Testino did them justice!!
Lucky! Did you print from an itunes download or from the other site? I tried to print but it's just showing up black squares.

Kate arriving at the hotel.

Royal Wedding order of service reveals Kate Middleton WON'T 'obey' Prince William | Mail Online

ETA: Thanks for the pdf, wbenson! I'm finally able to print it.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar

Lucky! Did you print from an itunes download or from the other site? I tried to print but it's just showing up black squares.

Kate arriving at the hotel.

Royal Wedding order of service reveals Kate Middleton WON'T 'obey' Prince William | Mail Online

ETA: Thanks for the pdf, wbenson! I'm finally able to print it.
I printed it from the PDF file you can get. Ran to Staples first thing this morning to get some nice paper and now I have my very own program to follow along with!!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Queen Penelope.

Supposedly the Bridal party will be wearing dresses by British designer Nicki Macfarlane.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton Bridal Party Dresses : People.com
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I've downloaded the Order of Service and have put the link on my Facebook page (Renata Edge).

The choice of music surpasses my expectations - all my favourite pieces.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a sneak peek of the trees inside the Abbey.

Westminster Abbey - Inside for Royal Wedding : People.com
Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
KittyAtlanta: Many British weddings, especially formal ones, use a hymn setting as a processional that has both congregational and choral verses. I always have loved the idea, as it gives the congregation involvement. For my own daughter's wedding (a pretty "high church" wedding), we used John Rutter's arrangement of Now Thank We All Our God for choir/congregation/brass ensemble and organ for the recessional. It was very uplifting, exciting and beautiful. I know you will change your mind when you hear this arrangement of I Was Glad, as it is very beautiful and meaningful and there will be choral descants along with the congregation singing making it quite thrilling!!!
Thank you for the information. I was married at St. Mary's (11th century), Tutbury, Staffordshire, England. I am also a member of the Royal College of Church Musicians, a lifelong choral singer and soloist. I know a tad about these things.

The description of your daughter's wedding is lovely.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's a sneak peek of the trees inside the Abbey.

Westminster Abbey - Inside for Royal Wedding : People.com

I said before that I would wait until I could see some pictures of what the trees in the Abbey looked like before I'd pass final judgment.....and I have to say they look great! I love the look of it -- very dreamy.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I said before that I would wait until I could see some pictures of what the trees in the Abbey looked like before I'd pass final judgment.....and I have to say they look great! I love the look of it -- very dreamy.
I think the trees look absolutely amazing in the Abbey too. It really does soften up the austerity of the abbey without in any way detracting from the grandeur of this historic venue. William and Kate have definitely put their mark on every aspect of this wedding and I do think we've quite a few "wows" ahead of us.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

That's absolutely beautiful--almost like being in a dream, where you have that flavor of almost incoherent placement of trees inside a church/cathedral building, and yet it just seems to work very well, at least from that one picture.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Moderator Emeritus

BBC News - Royal wedding: William greets fans ahead of wedding

Prince William has gone an impromtu walkabout ahead of his wedding to Kate Middleton to meet royal watchers who have gathered near Buckingham Palace.

He spent several minutes shaking hands and chatting to fans in the Mall.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

I copied the programme into my bookmarks and I shall follow along bleary eyed!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder how many of the male guests will be wearing military uniforms?

We know William and Harry will, and I imagine Prince Charles and Prince Andrew also?

Then there's Princess Anne's husband, he probably will.
Who else?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder how many of the male guests will be wearing military uniforms?

We know William and Harry will, and I imagine Prince Charles and Prince Andrew also?

Then there's Princess Anne's husband, he probably will.
Who else?

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew will more than likely be wearing morning dress, like all the other male guests.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince William to wear famous British army redcoat

Prince William has made a surprise choice of a military uniform for his wedding on Friday, opting for the world-famous scarlet colours of the British army.

Prince Harry, William's younger brother and best man, is a newly promoted captain in the Household Cavalry's Blues and Royals regiment and will wear the uniform of his new rank.

Their father Prince Charles will wear his Royal Navy admiral's uniform, complete with a sword.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

I just hope both will be able to sleep a little this night before their great day.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's surprising -- I'd think Charles would wear morning dress. Hmm.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding