The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

None of the other brides in the BRF left for either the Abbey or another venue from Buckingham Palace. She may be thinking that because she's not a princess (or duchess/countess) yet, she shouldn't stay at Buckingham Palace yet. I don't know.
Good suggestion.... also maybe she's not comfortable spending the night w/ the in-laws or w/out her family but your right Sister it's a personal choice and we'll probably never know....

Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen and Princess Anne both left from BP but you are right if you mean that no other bride who was marrying into the royal family left from the Palace although they didn't leave from an hotel either but from somewhere like Clarence House.

Yes, that's what I meant. Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Camilla, not even Autumn Kelly (though Peter carries no title) left for the church from BP.

I guess maybe Catherine is really old-fashioned and would rather leave from a really nice hotel than a palace on her way to the Abbey. It would be no different than I suppose her wanting to leave from her own home (if the Middletons lived closer, of course) to head to the Abbey.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Gentry

I'm making chocolate biscuit cake, scones and maybe Eton Mess for Friday. I have a small bottle of wine. I think I'll get out the tea cups too.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
I gave notice the second these two got engaged I was all like ya don't know the date is but whenever that is I'm taking the day off. Must think I'm nuts. I'll be making cookies tomorrow. For wedding morning I'll be making coffee. After the balcony appearance when they head for lunch I'll be making pancakes and I'll prob have some cookies afterwards as a snack as I watch all the highlights.
Lol. Oh my I'm not making anything! Maybe I'll make a spotted dick in honor of Will and Kate lol.

No but seriously I have to go to a bakery tomorrow. A nice cake and a cup of strong coffee (so I don't fall asleep) will be a nice treat while watching:)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

i am so upset, i just found out i have to work an extra long shift friday. if i worked my normal shift i could watch most of the wedding, now i can watch any of the wedding. i was going to tape good morning america, now i think i am going to record bbc america. they should be the best right? if i remember right with charles and diana, sarah and andrew when it came down to getting to church, the service and going back to BP it was the same coverage. it was just what the news casters talked about about. am i remembering right?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I gave notice the second these two got engaged I was all like ya don't know the date is but whenever that is I'm taking the day off. Must think I'm nuts. I'll be making cookies tomorrow. For wedding morning I'll be making coffee. After the balcony appearance when they head for lunch I'll be making pancakes and I'll prob have some cookies afterwards as a snack as I watch all the highlights.
I took the whole week off so I could catch all the build-up to the wedding. Unfortunately, we had a horrendous hail storm a few weeks ago, and I have spent a good chunk of my vacation scheduling insurance adjusters for the house and cars and getting roofing contractors out to give bids on replacing the roof. I found out today that the darned car insurance adjuster can't come to see my car until Friday morning....Not happy about that.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
None of the other brides in the BRF left for either the Abbey or another venue from Buckingham Palace. She may be thinking that because she's not a princess (or duchess/countess) yet, she shouldn't stay at Buckingham Palace yet. I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen and Princess Anne both left from BP but you are right if you mean that no other bride who was marrying into the royal family left from the Palace although they didn't leave from an hotel either but from somewhere like Clarence House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Good suggestion.... also maybe she's not comfortable spending the night w/ the in-laws or w/out her family but your right Sister it's a personal choice and we'll probably never know....
I suspect that Kate just wants to spend one last night surrounded by her family, and that wouldn't really be possible if she was spending the night at the palace. Also, she couldn't really stay at Clarence House since William would be staying there, and St. James Palace is part of the same complex. I'm sure she was offered rooms at Buckingham Palace, but that probably meant spending her last night before the wedding alone. It would have been very different for the Queen and Princess Anne before their weddings since they still had family living in the palace.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/Prime...da0d0b74c4f4d1

David Cameron's gift to William and Kate- a nice picture book of the island in Wales he serves on (I've forgotten the name)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Us Mobile - Celebrity News - Prime Minister David Cameron Reveals His Royal Wedding Gift

David Cameron's gift to William and Kate- a nice picture book of the island in Wales he serves on (I've forgotten the name)

Anglesey.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

Anglesey.
Thanks! I had a brain poop!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Nobility

I took Friday off as soon as the wedding date was announced. I'm going to get some mint chocolate chip ice cream because mint is a known stimulant and I'm pulling an all-nighter. Not sure how well that's gonna work since I'm recovering from a dastardly cold that had me miss the first two days of work this week, but I plan on resting up plenty tonight and tomorrow night beforehand.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

I'm excited to see the Abbey all decorated. Those trees will look stunning. I know some aren't too enamored of the idea, but trust me it will look great. I attended a wedding some years ago in a church that had an incredibly high ceiling. All the floral arrangements (elaborate and large as they were) looked squatted. They brought in some 15-20 foot trees and added flowers around the base and it was just glorious.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I took Friday off as soon as the wedding date was announced. I'm going to get some mint chocolate chip ice cream because mint is a known stimulant and I'm pulling an all-nighter. Not sure how well that's gonna work since I'm recovering from a dastardly cold that had me miss the first two days of work this week, but I plan on resting up plenty tonight and tomorrow night beforehand.
I took Friday off, too, since this wedding didn't fall on a weekend like a lot of the other royal weddings. I saw Diana's and I will not miss this one!!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

Is this real life? Is this really happening!? :).
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! It's being extremely hard focusing during classes. also it doesn't help when you Italian Literature Professor mention QEII!
(this is not a very useful post but I fell the urge to share with you guys!)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Majesty

I told my cooperating teacher that I would come in on any day for extra time, except April 29th. When I told her why, she thought I was actually invited to the event (we had a good laugh about that). Today was my last day, ;( and we spent the first ten minutes discussing what we were looking forward to most on Friday (for her it's the dress). When I asked if she was going to record it (she'll be working), she said that she did the whole up all night thing for William's parents, and now was just going to be happy with the highlights.

Me, on the other hand, is completely opposite. I'll be tuning in via the web (really hope to catch the arrivals via the streams along with the ceremony). Too bad I have a study group meeting later on that morning. They'll all be ready to shoot me after about fifteen minutes. Good times.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Nobility

NEW NEWS TODAY FOR AMERICAN FRIENDS (happy you all)

.... The Royal couple will make an official visit to America this summer, The Sun can reveal.

They have added an American leg to their trip to Canada in July, their first overseas tour.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Anyone doing canapes? I'm thinking of making some as my snack and the options are kinda limitless - tonnes and tonnes of recipes and I can't decide!! Any ideas?? HELP!!!! :rotfl:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
NEW NEWS TODAY FOR AMERICAN FRIENDS (happy you all)

.... The Royal couple will make an official visit to America this summer, The Sun can reveal.

They have added an American leg to their trip to Canada in July, their first overseas tour.
Ooooooh yeah!!!!!! So excited, makes it even better now, wonder where they'll go? Oh man I can't wait for the clothes
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Ooooooh yeah!!!!!! So excited, makes it even better now, wonder where they'll go? Oh man I can't wait for the clothes
I'll be looking forward to the time they get to visit Australia together
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Hopefully one of their stops will be New York City .

Though something tells me they'll stop by Washington DC (just an opinion of course).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding