The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Nobility

The congragation will see the back of William and Kate in the Abbaye, as in absolutly all weddings. I find quite good that the nave is a few meters away from the congregation, it will give William and Kate some privacy when prononce their vows. It's will be the first time people will be available to really watch the wedding when in the Abbaye and the faces of william and kate on TV screens in the Abbaye when prononcing their vows. When in spain or in denmark or in sweden the crown prince/princess married, it was not the case, and people in the Abbayes couldnt see the faces of the prince and princess but only their backs. It's a real improvment!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The guests will receive tea towels?!?!? Trees in the Abbey and tea towels......what can I say.
Tea towels are a traditional royal wedding souvenir.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely correct, a couple can't be legally married in England where there is no fixed roof.

[QUOTE=Rosapru;1239967]For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN.... QUOTE]

Thank goodness (not that they're always a reliable outlet, but I'll take it this time)!

I still find the trees, well, stupid. This is my last comment on the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Tea towels are a traditional royal wedding souvenir.

I wonder what the King of Togo will think when he is handed a souvenir tea towel? I know they are produced for all the big royal occasions for people to purchase, but I would be very surprised if they were souveniers for the wedding guests.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Courtier

um yes, sorry missed the G in her surname...was too lazy to google it:)))
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE=KittyAtlanta;1239995]Absolutely correct, a couple can't be legally married in England where there is no fixed roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN.... QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post

Thank goodness (not that they're always a reliable outlet, but I'll take it this time)!

I still find the trees, well, stupid. This is my last comment on the trees.
You might wait until the day of the wedding to see how it all comes together before dismissing it as stupid. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Re: the trees

When I was married, it was in a very beautiful house of worship. Nonetheless, I added flowers in an attempt to make it even more beautiful. It was (of course) nowhere near the size of the Abbey. A few little vases of flowers would not be attractive nor suitable for the Abbey!

And wouldn't any bridal couple want their venue to look different from the way it does when other couples marry?

I could understand objections if there were cheap and tacky decorations added to the Abbey, but how could anyone think that beautiful living trees would not be a charming and stately addition to the decorations?

And yes, I agree that the Abbey should have a different look than it does for funerals, no matter whose.

I'll wager that no one will say (after the wedding), "didn't those trees look hideous" !

As for the 'blocking the view' argument- there are only eight trees and they are 20 feet tall. So only a few (of the very tallest) guests will notice any obstruction.

And weren't the arches of the Abbey meant to mimic the arches of trees?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Majesty

The Wedding ring that Catherine Middleton will wear will be made of Welsh Gold. The gold was given to Prince William by The Queen shortly after the couple were engaged. It has been in the family's possession for some years and has been in the care of the Royal Jewellers. There are no further details on which mine the gold was mined from. More information about the ring may be released closer to the Wedding Day.

There will only be one ring, in accordance with the couple's wishes. The ring will be from Prince William for Catherine.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=texankitcat;1240002]
Quote:
Absolutely correct, a couple can't be legally married in England where there is no fixed roof.

You might wait until the day of the wedding to see how it all comes together before dismissing it as stupid. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for your input. However, it will be as stupid tomorrow as it is today. My opinion is valid.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
I'm not English, but if I understand correctly it's against the law in England to marry outside. They can only marry in a church or an official register's office.
Quote:
Yes, correct about marrying under a roof. However, we're no longer restricted to register offices and places of worship. Many other buildings are now licensed as wedding venues.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry, but that sounds so ridiculous. As long as all the paperwork is in order and signed, and the appropriate officiant is there to conduct the service (be it religious or civil), why should it matter where the couple chooses to say their vows?

I'm glad it's not like that here. I've been to a couple lovely weddings in parks, forest preserves, backyards even. That seems like a very silly thing to require.

Quote:
Thank you for your input. However, it will be as stupid tomorrow as it is today. My opinion is valid.

No one is saying your opinion is invalid. What I think texankitcat is saying is that "stupid" is a rather pejorative and dismissive word, and if you want to say you don't like the idea or think it won't look right, there are other ways you can express that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Trees - inside the church. I thought the idea was to scale things back and to be more sensitive to the economy, etc. Trees indoors seem rather extravagant. I like the idea of the flowers coming from the Queen's estates though, and using what's in season. That's very economical. And I think the floral color scheme (or lack there of, seeing as it's all whites) is going to be very pretty. The trees inside the church seem over the top.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Nobility

To have the look of an English Countryside..
Old 04-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you for your input, as well. Perhaps input isn't the right word either...

You're welcome, and while we're on the subject of being thankful, thank you for your apparent condescension. All I did was clarify something someone else said to you, because it seemed to me you inferred something they did not imply. There was no need to say what you did to me.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know more about the gala tomorrow night at Buckingham Palace?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
Does anyone know more about the gala tomorrow night at Buckingham Palace?

I don't know if I'd call it a gala, per se. It's a dinner for the visiting foreign royals, but the bridal couple and the parents of said couple won't be there, neither will anyone else in the bridal party. It's not like pre-wedding galas that we've seen on the continent.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Trees - inside the church. I thought the idea was to scale things back and to be more sensitive to the economy, etc. Trees indoors seem rather extravagant. I like the idea of the flowers coming from the Queen's estates though, and using what's in season. That's very economical. And I think the floral color scheme (or lack there of, seeing as it's all whites) is going to be very pretty. The trees inside the church seem over the top.
Well there was some mention of them being planted at Highgrove afterwards as a remembrance of the day.. kinda sweet.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Nobility

I love the idea of having trees inside the Abbey.I can't wait to see how they are are going to be placed.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Love this. Wish I could be in BP for Saturday's breakfast.

I don't have to worry about Catherine. It looks like she has family support.

Pippa Middleton Hangs Disco Balls in Buckingham Palace - Yahoo! Buzz Log
Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you for your input, as well. Perhaps input isn't the right word either...

I find that your post simply comes across as presumptious and having a slight tone of superiority - as if you have decided beforehand that you won't like the trees, that nothing will change your opinion and how dare people try to make you look at it from other angles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You're welcome, and while we're on the subject of being thankful, thank you for your apparent condescension. All I did was clarify something someone else said to you, because it seemed to me you inferred something they did not imply. There was no need to say what you did to me.

I agree. There was no need for.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding