The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I think that was Williams intent. Overcome an obstacle so to speak. Now the good memories of that church will overshadow the bad.

The honeymoon will be a gigant hide and seek with the papparazzis.

The big question is: Do we get to see a kiss like we saw on June 19(ok, 7 live and 1 bonus in the weddingbook:))
Which wedding are you referring to?

Edit: I see you are referring to the Swedish wedding. I think this one will be a bit different but I expect a balcony kiss, to be honest.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Nobility

It seemed that Edward and Sophie were determined not to have a public kiss after their wedding, likely to stop the comparisons between their wedding and the previous royal wedding ceremonies. I wonder if William and Kate will make the same call and skip the kiss on the balcony.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Oh, what a pitty. A friday. To bad, for me that is. I work on Fridays so i guess i will watch the event on youtube later that night then.
I think there is a good possibility that a DVD of the wedding will be made.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephpaige View Post
People Magazine has some new wedding dress sketches from famous designers - many of them British.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown: Designer Ideas : People.com

I just checked the dresses and I love the MONIQUE LHUILLIER´s one! Very princess and very Kate ! THe designer will be britain, of course; what a pitty for Valentino, Channel, etc, etc...No opportunity for them of designing the most expected wedding gown of the world!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagall View Post
I just checked the dresses and I love the MONIQUE LHUILLIER´s one! Very princess and very Kate ! THe designer will be britain, of course; what a pitty for Valentino, Channel, etc, etc...No opportunity for them of designing the most expected wedding gown of the world!
Chagall I have to agree with you that this is the best choice for Catherine.Yopu have excellent taste!
However wed do not know whether Catherine will go to Chanel or European couture for this gown-
I think the Monique Lhuillier one is quite definitive and expresses Catherine beautifully.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like gown #4 by Ben de Lisi.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey - Pictures - Zimbio

is she really with her parents? i don't think that lady is her mother, is it?
Old 11-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Commoner

Hi! Chiming in here from the States also. :)

I could certainly take the day off, but I'm afraid it will simply be about getting up to watch TV at 4am. That's what I had to do for Charles and Diana. So I hope for an evening wedding!

Glad it's not a Saturday anyway. Spent almost the whole day glued to the computer watching Swedish TV online when Victoria married, and consequently didn't get my cleaning done! LOL!

BTW, I vote for Suzanne Neville for the gown. :)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post

Can't really make out who it is, but your right it doesn't look like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
1st of May is on a Sunday this year, or do you britts have the May Day on Mondays in such cases?
Mayday goes to the Monday after the 1st of May.

I am surprised by the choice of wedding date, not by the location unfortunately.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts relating to the Obamas have been deleted.

It would be nice if we could speak of the President and the First Lady of the United States in general terms without the thread being thrown off track with posts regarding vacation time, ulterior motives of the Obamas and the cost of such a trip for the American tax payer. But alas we cannot.

Please note that future posts will be deleted as well.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Courtier

thansk lumutqueen:)
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post

Those people are not Catherine's parents. Love her white coat.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think her father is there, but not her mother.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I am surprised by the choice of wedding date, not by the location unfortunately.
The reports in America say the couple wanted a Spring wedding and pick the feast day of Saint Catherine who Ms. Middleton is named for.

I would like to know if other Christian denominations honor the Saints like Catholics do?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Just heard on a British TV channel that the wedding of Prince William and Ms.
Middleton will take place on 29th April 2011.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
The reports in America say the couple wanted a Spring wedding and pick the feast day of Saint Catherine who Ms. Middleton is named for.

I would like to know if other Christian denominations honor the Saints like Catholics do?
I don't think this is honouring Saint Catherine. I think this just happens to coincide with the choice of date.
I doubt very much they looked up Saint Catherine and purposely picked this date.

Where does it say she is named after St Catherine?

You know 29th April also happends to be the same date as Adolf Hitler's macabre marriage to Eva Braun as the Third Reich collapsed?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I like gown #4 by Ben de Lisi.
That is my preference, too. Or gown #1. Either of them would look stunning on her. Her very narrow hips give her the ability to wear those fuller skirt styles, whereas a narrow, sheath-like style would accentuate that feature.

BTW, that site has some lovely photos of Kate I don't remember having seen before. A number of them show her beautiful smile. I wonder how many other happy, smiling photos of her the media has that they never showed because it didn't fit the story they wanted to tell.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Those people are not Catherine's parents. Love her white coat.

Exactly, neither of her parents were there.
As for guests, naturally heads of state will be invited. They always are.
April 29th was also the date of Jon Bon Jovi's successful marriage.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Where does it say she is named after St Catherine?
On the news in America.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't think this is honouring Saint Catherine. I think this just happens to coincide with the choice of date.
I doubt very much they looked up Saint Catherine and purposely picked this date.
Even if it is a total coincidence, it is a rather charming one.

Reading about the Feast of St. Catherine, it seems that she is the patron of unmarried women, students, philosophers, craftsmen who use wheels (e.g., potters), lacemakers, and milliners.

Without reading too much into this, it is amusing to see that this young couple, who met as students and who will have lots of pottery, lace and hats created for their big day (!!), have chosen this particular day to celebrate their wedding.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding