The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

Wow! All these photos are making it so real for me :) so excited.....

In the pictures in the car Kate looks like she's trying to appear serene and relaxed but just wants to burst into a huge smile.... I don't blame her, for all the pomp and royalty let's not forget at the heart of it it is this young woman's long await wedding day!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Call me old fashioned or something but who would want to wake up to a disco feeling room.
I think you misunderstood the term "post-wedding breakfast". It means after the reception. Everything is on the same day, they aren't talking about the following morning. The disco will be what we British refer to as the evening do.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Courtier

whats this one got to do with kate?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
whats this one got to do with kate?
I was wondering the same thing. [/QUOTE]

You have to admit its cute though. Perhaps its a wry British wit kinda thing about Kate and William having all their ducks in a row for the wedding.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Prince William and Kate Middleton Rehearsing Wedding Kiss - omg! news on Yahoo!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not like the sound of an "avenue" of trees lining the aisle at the Abbey. One, that sounds hokey. If you want to get married amongst the trees, get married outside. Two, isn't a giant tree right along the aisle going to block the view of the people sitting in the seats to see her? I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.

I'm giving them both the benefit of the doubt and will wait until I see pictures and/or video on Friday, but this sounds like it's going to look weird.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.
I don;t think anybody is likely to be annoyed with this invite!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Nobility

Elm trees are a thing of the past in the UK, alas.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Although it looks more elaborate than a normal bun, I doubt she would be getting her hair formally done for the wedding, it's possible it could be a practice look. I thought her hairdresser and confirmed that she will be wearing it down for the wedding. But who knows.

A few things from this article. The pics show her and Pippa leaving their home to drive to London for the final time for the wedding. Also, it shows William driving away earlier and it said he had spent Easter Sunday with the Middleton's and wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before the big day. I imagine this is to help ease them and perhaps himself with the nerves of the big day, not to mention tying up loose ends with the wedding details.

It also states that he brought a big brown wrapped package with him....I know it's speculation and we will probably never know what was in the package, but I would like to think it is either some of his mother's jewels he has picked for her to wear, or perhaps a tiara!

This is getting really exciting now!
Perhaps that big, brown, wrapped package was a basketfull of bunnies to hop amongst the trees in the Abbey. LOLOL
Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Also to half of those invited, there will be a bigger blockage: the WM' organ .
Now, That is the real problem. Thank God and technology for the screens :P
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Nobility

wedding exhibition in ... HONG KONG

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library
Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Also to half of those invited, there will be a bigger blockage: the WM' organ .
Now, That is the real problem. Thank God and technology for the screens :P
That's true - the organ loft and choir seperate the congregation in the nave from the alter and so TV screens will be placed on the pillars for people to see the action at the frnt. As the trees are reasonably young and have slender trunks relative to their high canopies, I'm quite sure they will be no greater obstacle in people's viewing than the organ loft, pillars and multitude of large hats!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
myroyal's: THE PRESENT FROM PR

If this is true, the colors may clue us in to the overall bridesmaids' or other color scheme.
The guests will receive tea towels?!?!? Trees in the Abbey and tea towels......what can I say.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I do not like the sound of an "avenue" of trees lining the aisle at the Abbey. One, that sounds hokey. If you want to get married amongst the trees, get married outside. Two, isn't a giant tree right along the aisle going to block the view of the people sitting in the seats to see her? I would be rather annoyed if I received an invitation to the wedding only to find out I couldn't see the bride as she walked up the aisle because there was a giant elm tree in my face.

I'm giving them both the benefit of the doubt and will wait until I see pictures and/or video on Friday, but this sounds like it's going to look weird.
I'm not English, but if I understand correctly it's against the law in England to marry outside. They can only marry in a church or an official register's office.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Nobility

For the teatowels; it's not true. It's was denied on CNN. It's a turkish entreprise (I can remember but not so sure of the country) who try to cash on the wedding and create this buzz nearly a month ago but it's was not discussed on major channels because understood as a publicity from a company and do you believe official gift will be made outside the UK? No it will be a major blow and quite impossible. For the Trees, they are very high so impossible to obscur the view from people who dont mesure 10 meters high! They are part of the decoration with the flowers and I'm sure it will be superb and before critisize I prefer to wait until the day and judge when I see the result. Be fair !
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Courtier

ugh i want to know know if isabella AC is invited! i keep reading conflicting news!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Nobility

oh my god I just click on the link to see the teatowels. It's so tacky! Even the symbol and the crown are not linked to the BRF, William or Kate or the Prince of Wales, not a symbol of Wales, or something like that. The company didnt try to make it "believable" and make the effort to do towels with the initials, and those colours ... in no way it's going to have been done or the company commissionned by the BRF...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Nobility

who is Isabella AC?
Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Nobility

I believe the poster referred to Isabella Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe (AC?), a young woman for whom our William carried a torch for a while.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The trees are 20 feet high with narrow trunks. The follage won't interfere with the view of the bride and groom from the audience's prospective, and I am sure the cameras will be angled to accomodate the follage for the rest of us.

I am sure no detail has not been worked out by now.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding