The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
LOOK AT THE ARTICLE PLEASE, PHOTO OF KATE WITH A NEW HAIR....

Royal wedding 2011: Prince William leaves Kate Middleton's family home | Mail Online
Although it looks more elaborate than a normal bun, I doubt she would be getting her hair formally done for the wedding, it's possible it could be a practice look. I thought her hairdresser and confirmed that she will be wearing it down for the wedding. But who knows.

A few things from this article. The pics show her and Pippa leaving their home to drive to London for the final time for the wedding. Also, it shows William driving away earlier and it said he had spent Easter Sunday with the Middleton's and wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before the big day. I imagine this is to help ease them and perhaps himself with the nerves of the big day, not to mention tying up loose ends with the wedding details.

It also states that he brought a big brown wrapped package with him....I know it's speculation and we will probably never know what was in the package, but I would like to think it is either some of his mother's jewels he has picked for her to wear, or perhaps a tiara!

This is getting really exciting now!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Does everything have to be about Diana?
No. It shouldn't.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No, but some people seem unable to let Catherine have her day in the spotlight without casting the shadow of Diana on everything.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Actually by my post about the trees its more William and Kate incorporating what is meaningful to them in their wedding day. I would be very surprised if there weren't gentle reminders of his mother throughout the entire day but with no one person being "singled out" as more important than the other.

This couple has obviously put a LOT of thought and planning into each detail of this wedding and of course they are going to make it as memorable for everyone around them as much as they are for themselves.

The trees may be not only symbolic of what they stand for but also a part of life that William remembers vividly as planting at certain moments in his lifetime. That they will be planted after the ceremony at Highgrove again tells me these trees have significance in meaning.

So its not about Diana.. its about William's memory of Diana.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Gentry

It also states that he brought a big brown wrapped package with him....I know it's speculation and we will probably never know what was in the package, but I would like to think it is either some of his mother's jewels he has picked for her to wear, or perhaps a tiara!

This is getting really exciting now! [/QUOTE]

Yes it is getting exciting , Every one is hoping a tiara was in the brown box. Could have been Easter Eggs. Like you said we will never know whats in the box.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post

This is getting really exciting now!

Yes it is getting exciting , Every one is hoping a tiara was in the brown box. Could have been Easter Eggs. Like you said we will never know whats in the box.[/QUOTE]

Actually I am revising the tiara idea. By this point if she is wearing one, she laready has been loaned or given one. The Tiara is an integral part in fitting with the design of the wedding dress for a Royal bride, so I can't imagine that she would just be getting one now.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Yes it is getting exciting , Every one is hoping a tiara was in the brown box. Could have been Easter Eggs. Like you said we will never know whats in the box.
Actually I am revising the tiara idea. By this point if she is wearing one, she laready has been loaned or given one. The Tiara is an integral part in fitting with the design of the wedding dress for a Royal bride, so I can't imagine that she would just be getting one now.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you here. If the tiara she is planning to wear all day of her wedding day is one of the "heavier" ones, she would most likely have wanted to wear it for a while to just get used to it along with having it figured into what hairstyle she would wear to support such a tiara.

I'd think by now anything Kate is wearing is a done deal with perhaps just last minute adjustments and such to be done. Who knows about the little brown box? It could be something that William wants Carole to slip into what Kate packs to take to the hotel with her for all we know.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Nobility

I had a differing thought, Osipi. I immediately thought that the trees and other living plants would go a long way to creating a different feel in the south nave than what existed during Diana's funeral (which was gorgeous indeed, but much the way the Abbey always looks but with the addition of stunning flowers on the altar). And, yes, KittyAtlanta, the Abbey is very beautiful just the way it is, but under the circumstances, this is a celebration of life, and if it were me, I would want to try and keep my husband from experiencing too many reminders of a very sad time in his life on a day that he should be looking ahead to a whole new life. Just a thought....
Old 04-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Actually I am revising the tiara idea. By this point if she is wearing one, she laready has been loaned or given one. The Tiara is an integral part in fitting with the design of the wedding dress for a Royal bride, so I can't imagine that she would just be getting one now.
I can't imagine taking an expensive, irreplaceable piece of jewelry out of BP into the country, only so that Catherine can bring it back later in the week. I'd say it was more likely a gift for her or for her parents.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
I had a differing thought, Osipi. I immediately thought that the trees and other living plants would go a long way to creating a different feel in the south nave than what existed during Diana's funeral (which was gorgeous indeed, but much the way the Abbey always looks but with the addition of stunning flowers on the altar). And, yes, KittyAtlanta, the Abbey is very beautiful just the way it is, but under the circumstances, this is a celebration of life, and if it were me, I would want to try and keep my husband from experiencing too many reminders of a very sad time in his life on a day that he should be looking ahead to a whole new life. Just a thought....
I really like your thoughts on this too. I can remember when the couple first got engaged and the thought that the Abbey might not be the venue because of Diana's funeral there in 1997 and that St. Paul's was probably out because of the ill-fated marriage there in 1981 even.

I do think this wedding ceremony will be totally William and Kate and whatever reasons they do things, it has meaning for the both of them. Although I do think that William now can look back happily at the time he did share with his mother and as he gave Kate her ring, she is going to be very much in his thoughts on his wedding day, you're totally right about this being a celebration of life and growth and moving onwards.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The English field maples being installed, for me, create such an organic ambiance. An unaffected beauty in all it's simplicity.

The abbey with it's architectural integrity, is austere, and is softened by the presence of plant life.

A quintessential England brought in doors and the effect is quite stunning.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
I can't imagine taking an expensive, irreplaceable piece of jewelry out of BP into the country, only so that Catherine can bring it back later in the week. I'd say it was more likely a gift for her or for her parents.
Good point. In retrospect it may be something that William got Kate's mother. However, it wouldn't be completely unheard of to bring something special for Kate that he wanted her to open it in front of her family in a less formal atmosphere. He has tons of security with him so it isn't as if he wouldn't be protected.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Nobility

The trees look beautiful. Kate will have her beautiful and meaningful English garden.

The article seems to explain the significance of the trees:

""The symbolism means a lot to her and also the sourcing has been hugely important.”
The English field maple symbolises humility and reserve, and was used to make loving cups in medieval times, while the hornbeam signifies resilience.
The trees will also evoke Miss Middleton’s home village of Bucklebury, Berks., where the family home lies on an avenue of oaks planted to commemorate a visit to the village by Queen Anne in the 17th century. "

Regarding the cost, do they have to pay for the flowers taken from Sandringham and Windsor? It seems unlikely and would keep down the cost in addition to being special.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93
WOW! I can't say I expected real trees in the Abbey, but it sounds look it will be absolutely beautiful! And if the Prince of Wales gets bored he can always lean over and talk to one of them!
Oh you're so bad...
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Thank you for this. Excellent points and it's also the best posting about the floral arrangements I've seen since we learned about them today.

I'm really hoping that Catherine's obvious interest in the Language of Flowers sparks a renewed interest in it, as it's so facinating. I've always been interested in it as well, but it was so hard to find any information about it. Pre Internet that is. Still, it's a pretty obscure interest these days and even online while there's sites out there, it's still pretty small.

I've learned an awful lot the last couple of weeks from the interviews and articles w/the cake decorators and now the florists.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Gentry

New pictures from inside the Abbey! The trees look so romantic. Cant Wait!!
Royal wedding 2011: Prince William leaves Kate Middleton's family home | Mail Online
Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Oona
New pictures from inside the Abbey! The trees look so romantic. Cant Wait!!
So I am going to be 100% honest here, so far not loving the trees .....but I am waiting for the whole final look on Friday because once it's all together I may love it....for these pics now I actually think it looks a bit silly and am hoping it will be better once every piece is in place....
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A bit of what goes around comes around - the Vatican had a number of days they could have chosen for John Paul's funeral but they chose the already announced date of Charles and Camilla's wedding forcing it to be changed.

This time they again chose a date close to a British royal wedding but it doesn't seem to be in their favour.
Guess the Vatican still isn't over that Henry VIII thing

I like the trees in the Abby and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Can you imagine the impact this is going to have on future weddings - as I type, I expect there are wedding planners frantically in search of trees for upcoming weddings.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That sounds like Prince Charles' contribution. I can't imagine Kate walked into the cathedral and claimed "What about living trees!", however I can certainly see Prince Charles doing that. After all, he is paying for the wedding and probably cringed at the thought of using cut flowers and greenery.
Absolutely! I'll wait to see the whole ensemble, but that seems like very The PoW like

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding