The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

According to one of the royal reporters, tomorrow we might have a better idea of who's attending.

Quote:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison
#royalwedding -expecting a fuller "official" wedding guest list on Saturday, including celebs, royals and politicians + seating plan.

8 hours ago

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton Breaking with Tradition on her Wedding Vows - ABC News

Kate Middleton to follow Diana's wedding vows - NYPOST.com

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Are there going to be any pre-wedding events like the concerts that we saw before the Swedish and Danish royal weddings?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator

I don't believe so.

It looks like just a dinner party the night before for the foreign royals. It will be hosted by Lady Elizabeth Anson (the Queen's cousin). It might be attended by senior royals NOT including Harry, Charles, Camilla, William and the bride to be Kate.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I wasn't aware Catherine was going to jail starting next Friday. She's going to be a married woman, not a death row inmate. She can still go out with her family and friends, and do all the things she used to do -- she'll just have a bodyguard now. It's not like in the olden days when princesses were sent to faraway lands to marry in order to secure lands and monies for their families back home, and they never laid eyes on them again.

Anyway, would Catherine marry William if she didn't think she could handle everything that came with marrying him? She's been with him for 8 years, it's not like they've been shunned and ignored up until now.

I agree I mean Catherine should know what to expect by now.I can't believe the writer said Prince William was damaged .
I would love to know what she means by that
Old 04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222

I agree I mean Catherine should know what to expect by now.I can't believe the writer said Prince William was damaged .
I would love to know what she means by that
Maybe she means the emotional baggage he carries from his parents divorce, which was obviously not acrimonious, and his mothers very early and tragic death....?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Majesty

Inder Sidhu: William and Kate: How the Royal Couple Respects Tradition and Breaks New Ground
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Fun blog post about how the Royal guests attending the wedding are related to the Groom!

http://www.royaltywithellakay.com/?p=529
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Thats a great link...Ella Kay outdid herself. I can't wait to read her Mad Hattery blog about Kate's tiara and the ladies hats!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good to hear. Maybe vowing to obey one's husband was just fine at the turn of the last century, but I think nowadays that's a bit anachronistic. I do think it ridiculous that they're saying she's taking "Diana's" vows.....how many women in England or elsewhere in the United Kingdom get married every year using those same vows and omit the word "obey"? I would imagine more than a few.

It's almost like journalists right now are looking for any reason and/or excuse to shoehorn Diana into this wedding, more than she already is.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Good to hear. Maybe vowing to obey one's husband was just fine at the turn of the last century, but I think nowadays that's a bit anachronistic. I do think it ridiculous that they're saying she's taking "Diana's" vows.....how many women in England or elsewhere in the United Kingdom get married every year using those same vows and omit the word "obey"? I would imagine more than a few.

It's almost like journalists right now are looking for any reason and/or excuse to shoehorn Diana into this wedding, more than she already is.
I agree with you 100% about it being out dated but, I think they are saying Diana's vows because she was the only royal bride who did not use the word obey, all before her and both Sarah and Sophie after her did!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20056383.shtml
"But if Kate should choose to omit the word 'obey,' she'll be only the second royal bride in history to do so -- the first being Princess Diana in 1981."
Old 04-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

so.... these polls. How official are they?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...66_634x477.jpg

It seems every 2 days a new one comes out.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
so.... these polls. How official are they?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...66_634x477.jpg

It seems every 2 days a new one comes out.

They are not official at all.

They ask a selection of people and hope that they might be getting a cross section of the community but we also don't know how they word the lead up questions to get the responses they want.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Some new info
Quote:
SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison

#royalwedding I'm told Champagne Pr William and Kate have chose for reception is non-vintage Pol Roger. Very austere - £20 a bottle in bulk!

18 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Middleton party No. 3 - Princess Diana Remembered
Old 04-23-2011, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton and Prince William ban beer from royal wedding reception - mirror.co.uk
Old 04-23-2011, 06:01 AM
Courtier

Is the Palace asking too much of a 29-year-old? How it's difficult to avoid haunting comparisons with Diana | Mail Online
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Blogs | Richard Palmer | Royal blog: Prince William and a £76,500 wedding present for Kate Middleton | Exclusive opinion, news and views from Daily and Sunday Express's top writers

William reportedly only spending 76,000 pounds on a wedding present for his wife.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
When a member of the British royal family does not attend a wedding abroad and cite prior engagements as an excuse, I presume that no one will harass a British embassy for more explanations.
The British usually send a representative, so that comparison goes up in the air - imo.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Courtier

Royal Wedding: William and Kate's official programme published - hellomagazine.com

It will also carry a never-before-seen photo of the bride and groom taken by Mario Testino.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding