Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay....while I am not denying the possiblity of William and/or Kate liking rap music....I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think the likelihood of Snoop Dog performing at the wedding and/or reception are slim to none. Perhaps a private party with friends and families of the couple.

There is so much out there now I really question over half of these stories. They are just getting more and more ridiculous.

Too funny - have just seen that Snoop Dogg tweeted Clarence House about which songs he'd like to perform at the bachelor party. (Just trying to get attention for a new song, methinks).

Last edited:
LOL I can't even imagine The Queen's horror if Snoop Dogg even set foot in the palace, and can you just imagine what Prince Philip might say to him!!!

Global News was showing how Kate will have to curtsy to the Queen they even got the host to try it out as well!

That would definitely be a sight to see! Snoop Dog rapping at the wedding! :lol: Can you imagine the look on the faces of the royals, presidents, and dignitaries?!

Last edited:
So that'd come to a concert, and a ball all right before the wedding ahh those 2-3 days leading up to the wedding will be amazing!

Watched ET tonight and Katie Nicholl said Sarah is so far not on the guest list she is definitely in the "no no" list but Bea Eugenie and Prince Andrew are all invited.

Last edited:
Ghost Night did you also see on ET that they were noting that the Prince of Wales will be giving Highgrove to Prince William and Catherine. It was also reported in Us magazine about the home. I find this to be unbelievable but is this being talked about anywhere else?

Ghost Night did you also see on ET that they were noting that the Prince of Wales will be giving Highgrove to Prince William and Catherine. It was also reported in Us magazine about the home. I find this to be unbelievable but is this being talked about anywhere else?

I saw something like this as well but it was conditional on the Queen giving Charles Sandringham.

I really don't think Charles would give up Highgrove - even as King - personally.

I wish they would choose Susan Boyle to sing in the Curch!

I didn't notice it when it first aired but my dad was talking to me at the same time, but it re-airs tonight at midnight so I will check then and let you know :flowers: I know they mentioned the wedding sketches in this week's Life and Style by the various designers. They also spoke about the Emmanuel's. They mentioned the possible names of people who are said to perform at the wedding which have been mentioned in countless unconfirmed reports.

May I ask a dumb question? Is the state dining room big? Cause from the pic I've seen it looks a bit small but I'm not sure and apparently according to Sarah that is where the "wedding breakfast" is traditionally held so I'm just wondering where in the world they'd fit performers and such that the media is hinting to.

Last edited:
As Charles and Diana only had 120 at their wedding breakfast I can see why they would have it in the smaller room - where they can really have close family and friends rather than everyone who thinks they should be their because they think they are important.

Ya I like the whole idea of intimacy of the wedding breakfast after all you have the whole overwhelming morning with getting ready going there the church ceremony and then coming back it's nice to just relax with a small group of friends and family afterwards.

Perhaps they've mistaken Charles' Highgrove with the Harewood estate that is being built for William and Kate. I really can't ever see Charles giving up Highgrove after all the planting and landscaping work he's done over the years. That place is too close to Charles' heart to be giving it away and moving.

"And after William finishes his three-year stint with the RAF he and Kate are expected to move into a six-bedroom house his father has had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire."

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William will live an ultra green royal fairytale | Mail Online

As Charles and Diana only had 120 at their wedding breakfast I can see why they would have it in the smaller room - where they can really have close family and friends rather than everyone who thinks they should be their because they think they are important.

From what I understood about the lottery for British citizens to attend Wills and Kate's wedding, not only would they be attending the ceremony but also the wedding breakfast afterwards. That's 100 people right there. :D

http://www.newser.com/story/106168/wills-kate-to-hold-wedding-lotto.html

Last edited:
Perhaps they've mistaken Charles' Highgrove with the Harewood estate that is being built for William and Kate. I really can't ever see Charles giving up Highgrove after all the planting and landscaping work he's done over the years. That place is too close to Charles' heart to be giving it away and moving.

"And after William finishes his three-year stint with the RAF he and Kate are expected to move into a six-bedroom house his father has had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire."

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William will live an ultra green royal fairytale | Mail Online
I watched back ET all they said was they currently live in Wales but are looking for an official residence for after they are married.

Who knows if's true, but she doesn't have a lot of time to have a custom wedding dress made so she better choose someone pretty soon. Personally, I wish she would choose Philippa Lepley. I love her designs and Kate would look beautiful in her dresses.
We don't know that she hasn't. I would not mind betting that she had that sort of thing all sorted in her head before the Engagement was announced and, you can't tell me that any couturier wouldn't kill for the opportunity to design and make THE DRESS!

Who knows if's true, but she doesn't have a lot of time to have a custom wedding dress made so she better choose someone pretty soon. Personally, I wish she would choose Philippa Lepley. I love her designs and Kate would look beautiful in her dresses.

I just looked at her website and I agree! Her designs are lovely and more modern than the male designer that folks are betting on.

Highgrove isn't owned by Charles, its owned by the Duchy of Cornwall. So, it will be William's once he is Duke of Cornwall but is not Charles's to "give" now.

I wish they would choose Susan Boyle to sing in the Curch!

No disrespect to Ms. Boyle, however I think that would be a disaster. She doesn't do well with high pressure and nerves, and this would not be the place to succumb to them.

I think for a service in Westminster with it's fantastic acoustics a seasoned performer with an angelic voice would be perfect. Someone like Hayley Westerna.

HAYLEY WESTENRA: OFFICIAL SITE - WWW.HAYLEYWESTENRA.COM

I just looked at her website and I agree! Her designs are lovely and more modern than the male designer that folks are betting on.

She was odds favorite to be Kate's wedding designer up until the last few days.

Texankitkat,

Susan Boyle managed perfectly well when she was singing before the Pope !

I think she should sing and represent all the "ordinary" people of Britain.

I don't think there should be anything in the church other than the church ceremony, wait for the celebrities to show off their talents at the reception, should the couple wish it.

We don't know that she hasn't. I would not mind betting that she had that sort of thing all sorted in her head before the Engagement was announced and, you can't tell me that any couturier wouldn't kill for the opportunity to design and make THE DRESS!
I have studied Catherine and thought that Pertegaz of Spain would have been definitive for her the design of her gown but alas he is not British.....and outside the playing field.
Following him are Oscar de la Renta and Valentino out of retirement and under extenuating circumstances... to design it....Am I correct in articulating that Catherine will pay for her own gown? Is this not traditionally a gift from the groom in England?
Catherine appears to have a strong personality and she needs a memorable gown.
Whoever is chosen I hope will do justice to this beautiful young bride.

Am I correct in articulating that Catherine will pay for her own gown? Is this not traditionally a gift from the groom in England?

It may well be offered as a gift by the designer. You can't put a price on the publicity surrounding such a high-profile event, and it would be good PR.

Texankitkat,

Susan Boyle managed perfectly well when she was singing before the Pope !

I think she should sing and represent all the "ordinary" people of Britain.

Yes, but the pressure for this will be much greater on a performer at this wedding IF they have one. Susan is lovely, but isn't a seasoned performer as yet and lacks the confidence and complete control of her voice when under extreme pressure. This would be daunting for any performer much less one that was plucked out of no where and is still coping with the fame she has achieved. That's all I am saying.

I looked too and I agree -- very beautiful and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom