The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Can we expect a lot of royals since in the British press they only seem to spreak about Obama and Sarkozy.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice to know we haven't a lot to wait !

Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Yaaaay! I am so happy they are having it in April and at Westminster Abby! And a Bank Holiday to boot! I will have the day off! Oh wait.....I don't live in Great Britian....
Doesn't mean you can't the take off. I'm already planning on coming in late that day, just need to let the boss know.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Can we expect a lot of royals since in the British press they only seem to spreak about Obama and Sarkozy.
Pretty sure all European royal houses will be respresented, but since yhe BRF inerest in the weddings of the "bicycle" monarchies have been tepid (normaly just Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex) I very much doubt they will be there in force.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Will this wedding be considered a State wedding? I wouldn't think so since PW is the heir to the heir.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

So wonderfull !
I'm getting married myself on the 30th of april, so one day later than Kate and William.
So on friday 29th of april 2011 I will take a holiday and watch their marriage and the next day I will get married myself.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
So wonderfull !
I'm getting married myself on the 30th of april, so one day later than Kate and William.
So on friday 29th of april 2011 I will take a holiday and watch their marriage and the next day I will get married myself.
Aw! Congratulations!
You know, it will be easy for you to remember their anniversary too
Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So wonderfull !
That fantastic....Congratulations to you and your intended!

Even if you don't have time to watch the wedding (as you prepare for yours) no doubt Will and Kate will be on youtube.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
It will be interesting how the bank holiday turns out as the 22nd and 25th April are already bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday and the 2nd May for May Day Holiday so will they really give us 2 four day weekends in a row or will they recycle May Day?
they will give us 2 4-day weekends. my birthdays on the sunday before the weding (which just happens to be easter sunday) so i am very happy.

Quote:
So wonderfull !
congratulations
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding date revealed as Friday April 29 2011 | The Sun |News
Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

William and Kate will be married on Friday 29 April 2011

Prince Charles has announced that Prince William and Kate will be married on Friday 29 April 2011 in the Collegiate Church of Saint Peter at Westminster (Westminster Abbey)

BBC News - Royal Wedding date chosen by Prince William and Kate

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton will be married in Westminster Abbey
Old 11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Now I'm just curious what time this will be...I have a sinking feeling that it will occur in the morning, which means us Americans have to drag ourselves out of bed in the middle of the night. An 11:00 ceremony means I would want to start watching around 9:00 (based on when royals began arriving to the church with Victoria), which equals 3am for me!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maura, Tivo is your friend!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Oh, what a pitty. A friday. To bad, for me that is. I work on Fridays so i guess i will watch the event on youtube later that night then. According to Sky "The ceremony is being described as a "semi-state" affair." I guess we can rule out Obama and Sarkozy then
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
It will be interesting how the bank holiday turns out as the 22nd and 25th April are already bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday and the 2nd May for May Day Holiday so will they really give us 2 four day weekends in a row or will they recycle May Day?
1st of May is on a Sunday this year, or do you britts have the May Day on Mondays in such cases?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Commoner

It was almost obvious that it was going to be in that Abbey, too serious for my taste but very Britain. However, it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...Now, there is still the other BIG clue...the wedding gown!! (and the honeymoon, the reception, the guests...)
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagall View Post
it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...
It's good that they will have some happy new memories of the Abbey to supplant the sad ones.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Administrator

While there are certainly bad memories in the Abbey, lets not forget that William has been there several times since 1997. So I would imagine that it was a shocker the first time, but he might be used to it now.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Commoner

People Magazine has some new wedding dress sketches from famous designers - many of them British.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown: Designer Ideas : People.com
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagall View Post
It was almost obvious that it was going to be in that Abbey, too serious for my taste but very Britain. However, it will bring some sad memories for Wills and Harry; their mom´s funeral service was there...Now, there is still the other BIG clue...the wedding gown!! (and the honeymoon, the reception, the guests...)
I think that was Williams intent. Overcome an obstacle so to speak. Now the good memories of that church will overshadow the bad.

The honeymoon will be a gigant hide and seek with the papparazzis.

The big question is: Do we get to see a kiss like we saw on June 19(ok, 7 live and 1 bonus in the weddingbook:))

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding