The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Courtier

I agree, but I doubt there would ever be a photo of them there. Maybe entering the gates of Althorp, but nothing else..

On another note...
Queen consents to royal wedding | Royal Wedding | National Post

It reads: “NOW KNOW YE that We have consented and do by these Presents signify Our Consent to the contracting of Matrimony between Our Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales, K.G., and Our Trusty and Well-beloved Catherine Elizabeth Middleton.”

Old 04-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Administrator

There has been no indication that Kanye West has in fact been invited. In fact, if he was....based on his personality I believe he would have shown the invitation.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I agree, but I doubt there would ever be a photo of them there. Maybe entering the gates of Althorp, but nothing else..

On another note...
Queen consents to royal wedding | Royal Wedding | National Post

It reads: “NOW KNOW YE that We have consented and do by these Presents signify Our Consent to the contracting of Matrimony between Our Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales, K.G., and Our Trusty and Well-beloved Catherine Elizabeth Middleton.”
Don't you just love the wording! Takes you to an era since past.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

William to spend evening before wedding with Charles
HelloMagazine article
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's a very nice tradition but
British Royal Wedding Blogs - Yahoo! Shine
Old 04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Just wanted to let y'all know I asked Richard and it has been confirmed that the couple will break and head to StJP after the wedding breakfast though he says the exact time has not been confirmed by the palace though reports are saying 3pm. So there you have it for those who were curious.
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 There will be a break in the afternoon at StJP. I'm not sure that the precise time has been confirmed.

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 04-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
There has been no indication that Kanye West has in fact been invited. In fact, if he was....based on his personality I believe he would have shown the invitation.
Well, entertainment tonight and Extra have been talking about. I think he may even perform at the night time reception. It didn't sound like a rumor.... but who knows?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

8 days and we'll find out. But if he is invited, and can already see hundred people making the "I'll let you finish, but Beyoncé has one of the best xxxx of all time" joke..
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I'd deserve an invitation to this wedding before Kanye West.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Well, entertainment tonight and Extra have been talking about. I think he may even perform at the night time reception. It didn't sound like a rumor.... but who knows?
Unless Entertainment Tonight has a source at the Palace (or in London) for all we know they could be doing the same thing we are doing. Googling Kanye West and Royal Wedding.

My point is dont believe everything that is in the media until the actual day. Again, I believe the US entertainment shows reported that Snoopy Dog was going to perform at the bachelor party. And since that event has come and gone, we haven't heard nilly on that particular subject.

As egocentric as Kanye West is...if he had an invitation...you would know about it.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Unless Entertainment Tonight has a source at the Palace (or in London) for all we know they could be doing the same thing we are doing. Googling Kanye West and Royal Wedding.

My point is dont believe everything that is in the media until the actual day. Again, I believe the US entertainment shows reported that Snoopy Dog was going to perform at the bachelor party. And since that event has come and gone, we haven't heard nilly on that particular subject.

As egocentric as Kanye West is...if he had an invitation...you would know about it.

That would be Snoop Doggy Dogg, Zonk.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

Sister Morphine, if you please, it's "The Doggfather"!.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Thanks! Gosh I used to listen to him and I have seen him in concert.

Sorry guys..Zonk is tired...getting ready to go class and when I should have been reading about Project Management, I have been on TRF, posting about this wedding, cleaning and creating threads.

April 29th can't come fast enough

Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Way to leave it to the DM to flip around a whole article:
Fearing a Royal divorce? Archbishop of Canterbury isn't as he backs courageous Will and Kate | Mail Online

This one is kinda funny:
Royal Wedding: 'Cure for Royal Baldness' resurfaces too late for Prince William | Mail Online
Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meantime could enjoy this quiz on William and Kate
Royal wedding trivia quiz - Boston.com
Old 04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I think I'd deserve an invitation to this wedding before Kanye West.
Ditto...and I'm Prince William's 12th Cousin, Twice Removed.
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Just an off the wall thought but isn't it possible that Kayne West is NOT invited to the wedding itself but merely invited to perform a bit at the private reception? That would make him more or less like the hired entertainment rather than an esteemed guest for the wedding.

I really don't know much about Kayne West at all. This is just a supposition.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ok can I officially begin to cry now? They went and visited Diana!
More info:
This, combined with the stipulation in Diana's will, is why I would be shocked if it is NOT The Lover's Knot Tiara.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
This, combined with the stipulation in Diana's will, is why I would be shocked if it is NOT The Lover's Knot Tiara.
The tiara belongs to the Queen so she decides who wears it regardless if Dianas will said the jewels were intended for William's bride or not......and I'd be shocked if it was the Lover's Knot and a bit dissappointed too
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, while I can appreciate Diana wanting jewelry that was associated with her to be worn by her eldest son's bride, when Diana and Charles divorced any jewelry loaned to her by the Queen was returned to the Queen.....which included the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara. Any jewelry owned by her became the property of her family.

Jewels belonging to the Crown are doled out at the Crown's will and favor. So if the Queen wants her to wear it, she'll wear it. If the Queen decides that another tiara would be more suitable, that's what she'll wear. Catherine, no matter her future position, is not in a position to boss the Queen around when it comes to her own jewelry collection.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding