The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Courtier

so no pics of the evening dance, and what about the afternoon lunch? and we may not even see will and kate, they will go to Buckingham immediately after the wedding and wont come out till morning, right?

Old 04-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Courtier

^ is that an old photo or one from yesterday? I'm not sure!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

King Constantine's comments to BBC:
Quote:
BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

The former monarch also insists William shouldn't leapfrog Charles to be the next king. "They have to wait their turn whenever it comes"

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

BBCPeterHunt Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

Constantine of Greece, a king in exile, told #PrinceWilliam, "Be careful, concentrate on the helicopter now and think of Catherine later on

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Peter Hunt by BBCRoyalWedding

After the engagement the former king urged #PrinceWilliam to be careful because "it was dangerous to fly a helicopter when you're in love"
Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Heir Apparent

cd_1, I'm thinking it's an old photo and the outfit has been photoshopped on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
so no pics of the evening dance, and what about the afternoon lunch? and we may not even see will and kate, they will go to Buckingham immediately after the wedding and wont come out till morning, right?
What's going to happen according to what Richard told me they will return to BP at 12pm there at the entrance they will pose as they get out of the carriage as Fergie and Diana did. Then they go inside take the official shots do the balcony appearance and have the lunch. Then they leave BP and go to SJP to relax and possibly change clothes then at 7pm they return to BP where no official media arrangements (I assume by that he means with respected agencies such as AP)have been made but what will most likely happen is papz will take shots of the cars inlcuding William and Kate's as they go into the entrance of the palace and then the party begins. As for the honeymoon he tells me that there won't be a photocall William and Kate seem to not want to do it.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm thinking it's an old photo and the outfit has been photoshopped on her.

What's going to happen according to what Richard told me they will return to BP at 12pm there at the entrance they will pose as they get out of the carriage as Fergie and Diana did. Then they go inside take the official shots do the balcony appearance and have the lunch. Then they leave BP and go to SJP to relax and possibly change clothes then at 7pm they return to BP where no official media arrangements have been made but what will most likely happen is papz will take shots of the cars inlcuding William and Kate's as they go into the entrance of the palace and then the party begins. As for the honeymoon he tells me that there won't be a photocall William and Kate seem to not want to do it.

This source isn't all that accurate.

The officially released timings will have them still in Westminster Abbey at 12.00. The service isn't going to finish until 12.15 and they will be on the balcony at 1.25 p.m. These times have been released by BP and I will stick with them.

They are also staying at BP for their wedding night, so unlike Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and even Camilla and Charles we won't see them leaving for their honeymoon that evening (these others left the palace/castle in carriages/cars the evening of the weddings).
Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

We will see them on the balcony.

This is a British Royal Wedding and they actually believe that there are parts of the day that should be private to the family and friends without having the world's media there. Some photos may be released later - but only those approved by the couple and not live.

Seeing the wedding it the important part - not seeing the reception and hearing the speeches.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Courtier

^ yes i understand that, they are entitled to their privacy but I was hoping we might get to see all three of her dresses (ofcourse we will get t the see the wedding one, but I was hoping we might get to see the lunch and the dinner one too). I don't want to see the inside pictures of the lunch or dinner,but just her clothes, thats it.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Majesty

I can't see her having either the time or the inclination to change for Luncheon / Wedding Breakfast. The dinner party hosted by Charles in the evening, yes, otherwise maybe a pair of sweats as she chills between the main events.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....
There were rare cases when the groom took the Coat of Arms of his wife into his own Coat of Arms, but only when he married an heiress and got her lands. Thus eg the white-blue lozenges which today symbolize the country of Bavaria in Germany came into the Bavarian Royal Coat of Arms: when a reigning (then still) duke of Bavaria married the heiress of the county of Bogen in Lower Bavaria, he had the white-blue lozenges of the county of Bogen included in his Coat of Arms where they stay still today on the Bavarian flag.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....

With royals, it's different. You're marrying into the royal's family, not the other way around. Hence why Catherine cannot wear the Spencer tiara, as she's not a Spencer bride (woman marrying into the Spencer family, or a female of the Spencer family). She's marrying into the Windsor family. William will still be Carole and Michael's son-in-law, and I don't doubt that her family will be a part of Windsor family gatherings/get-togethers/to-dos, but for purposes of heraldry and such, his Coat of Arms stay the same, her own personal arms will be a combination of hers and his.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Courtier

These are great articles, thank you for sharing them ghost.

I love that William, Harry and Charles will be together the night before the wedding.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Also on twitter:

#royalwedding on the menu? The Middletons met the Queen for lunch at Windsor Castle today, palace sources confirm.

It was the first meeting between the Monarch and the parents of a soon-to-be royal. #BBCWedding

Royal officials say the lunch had been in the diary for some time. #BBCWedding

The gathering between the Monarch and the Middletons has been described as having a "warm atmosphere". #BBCWedding

http://www.people.com/people/package...483382,00.html
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
These are great articles, thank you for sharing them ghost.

I love that William, Harry and Charles will be together the night before the wedding.
I love that!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Gentry

I think its wonderful Prince Charles is going to be with both of his son's the night before the wedding.

Prince Charles is such a loving &caring father to Prince William & Prince Harry. Its so nice to see .
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I guess not( for the evening dance pics)..... Hope someone sneaks a camera phone.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This source isn't all that accurate.

The officially released timings will have them still in Westminster Abbey at 12.00. The service isn't going to finish until 12.15 and they will be on the balcony at 1.25 p.m. These times have been released by BP and I will stick with them.

They are also staying at BP for their wedding night, so unlike Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and even Camilla and Charles we won't see them leaving for their honeymoon that evening (these others left the palace/castle in carriages/cars the evening of the weddings).
I know I was just referring to the honeymoon in general since we're used to getting some sort of a photocall during their honeymoon. As for the timings gimme a break it was 3am here when I wrote that I could barely think so the timings weren't Richard's it was mine and my dead brain's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I can't see her having either the time or the inclination to change for Luncheon / Wedding Breakfast. The dinner party hosted by Charles in the evening, yes, otherwise maybe a pair of sweats as she chills between the main events.
Wait lemme explain this better they're changing after the wedding breakfast and returning to BP for the dinner reception sorry if I didn't make that clear like I said it 3am here.

As for pictures being released later I could only see that happening if they have a private photographer at the evening dinner dance. Maybe they'll use their official photographer, but it would come as a nice surprise if they release something at a later time!

Speaking of which:
Quote:
ClarenceHouse Clarence House

Hugo Burnand has been confirmed as the official photographer for the Royal Wedding http://bit.ly/dVVsks #rw2011

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 04-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Wait lemme explain this better they're changing after the wedding breakfast and returning to BP for the dinner reception sorry if I didn't make that clear like I said it 3am here.
Just curious, but why would they go back to St.J to rest and change clothes, when they could easily do that in BP, wherever they're going to spend the night? Surely, they have courtiers to move what clothes they need during the ceremony, etc? Wouldn't it be safer and more convenient to keep them in BP?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

^I dunno but that's what most media reports have been saying since November. I think it has something to do with them wanting to go away and have some quiet time I guess since BP will be a bit noisy with everything being moved around for the evening reception. I guess the couple must have their reasons. But yes it did occur to me that they could stay at BP but since all the media outlets are still reporting they will be returning to SJP then I didn't really question it.

After I read his tweet yesterday about no media facilities being offered for the evening reception I went ahead and asked him if that meant there would be nowhere for the media to basically stand and shoot the arrivals and here's his answer:
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 Nothing official. It will just be a case of whether photographers can get close enough to take shots of guests in cars.

9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Fiona Cairns: Kate wanted a very romantic cake

Fiona Cairns: Kate wanted a very romantic cake - Telegraph
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Does anybody know what the difference is between this weding cake and the old fashioned "matrimonial" cake they used to have as a standard everywhere?Does sound like it might be variation on the matrimonial... thanks in advance

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding