The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Guess it's official we'll have to deal with just papz shots for the evening dinner dance:
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@dagmarhans No media facilities will be offered for the evening dinner. So it will be shots of people whizzing by in cars, I guess.

10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............
See I considered that at first but problem is I think I'll be too jittery to sleep it happened with Daniel and Victoria I remember and I barely even followed them prior to the wedding!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Guess it's official we'll have to deal with just papz shots for the evening dinner dance:
And let's hope they don't crash the party or anything like that. The new couple and their families and friends deserve some private time to celebrate without worrying about papz.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

its been a while since i saw a morning royal wedding with hats and such, victoria's was with gowns and tiaras.
i wonder if QRania will break the protocol again like she did with Felipe and Letizia's wedding and wear a long skirt again and no hat or things on your head. i really hope she does again!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I agree, it does seems a little unreal at the moment. I don't think it'll hit me until after they actually walk out of the church.

According to royal photographer Arthur Edwards, William said he wants his marriage to Kate to last forever.

Love and marriage: What William told royal photographer - CNN.com

I really think this marriage will last forever.Watching Prince William and Catherine together. I just have a good feeling about those two.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Wedding 2011: Is this Kate Middleton's High Street honeymoon wardrobe? | Mail Online
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegirl99
Want to know the best time to get up? Try this website: The World Clock – Time Zone Converter Guess I'm going to try to get up at 4:00 AM
Unless you vet BBCAMERICA which
Begins coverage at 3 am
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia
its been a while since i saw a morning royal wedding with hats and such, victoria's was with gowns and tiaras.
i wonder if QRania will break the protocol again like she did with Felipe and Letizia's wedding and wear a long skirt again and no hat or things on your head. i really hope she does again!
Oh I didn't realize she was invited and coming!!!! Yeah love her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

That's what I said. Her coat of arms will include both hers and William's.
Will William use the merged one or will only Kate? Also once she's married Kate can no longer use the Middleton one, correct?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
And let's hope they don't crash the party or anything like that. The new couple and their families and friends deserve some private time to celebrate without worrying about papz.
What do you mean by crash the party? As in actually go into the palace? I doubt that'll happen There's going to be tons of security.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Will William use the merged one or will only Kate? Also once she's married Kate can no longer use the Middleton one, correct?

William's coat of arms will remain the same. Catherine's coat of arms will have the Middleton arms impaled onto William's so hers would be a combination of both. Once she's married, she'll be using the combination of hers and William's, and the Middleton arms will be used by James and Pippa until she's married, as the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine

William's coat of arms will remain the same. Catherine's coat of arms will have the Middleton arms impaled onto William's so hers would be a combination of both. Once she's married, she'll be using the combination of hers and William's, and the Middleton arms will be used by James and Pippa until she's married, as the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman.
Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............
That was going to be my plan as well until I realized I have to be at a meeting in a town 45 minutes away from my home on Thursday evening. And, I'm usually wide awake until late anyways, so I figure I might as well pull an all-nighter especially since I did take Friday off of work.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

Kate Middleton shopping for honeymoon attire

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/KateM...8e58e29e9ce261
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait to see my first optimistic Royal event. I was only three when Anne and Tim wed, a disinterested nine year old when Edward and Sophie wed, and a too cool teenager when Charles and Camilla wed. I didn't watch Frederick and Mary's wedding for the same reason (I look back and I don't know what I was thinking*) I saw Diana's funeral when I was seven, but that was depressing, obviously.

I will be hyperventilating when the Royals start rocking up

I can't wait. This will be the most viewed event of the decade, it will be a joyous occasion, and I'll be watching it!

* I remember having a conversation with a friend on the day of Charles and Camilla's wedding. It went something like this:
Me - are you watching the Royal wedding tonight?
Friend - no
Me - I'm not either, nobody wants it to happen
Friend - yeah, I don't like Camilla
Me - I don't either

Please note, said friend did not influence my decision. I was never going to watch it.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...-it-april.html

Hilarious post from this blogger!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

The Middleton crest is revealed:

Kate Middleton's coat of arms blends in-jokes, symbolism and history | UK news | The Guardian

I personally think the acorns are cute, but I just hope they're incorporated well, into the children's Arms. William and Henry both got very boring Arms. Just one scallop for William, and three for Harry. I wouldn't want William's and Catherine's children to get the same thing with acorns. I would love for acorns to be incorporated, but only if its done in a more creative way than William's and Harry's scallops were. Red or green acorns would look great with crosses and/or hearts.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

ok, who hasn't bought a cheap imitation of the ring? I bought mine not long after Diana's death. Yeah, it's cheesy, so what??
Party on I say!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Deborah

Unless you vet BBCAMERICA which
Begins coverage at 3 am
I'll be watching ABC or NBC. I plan on getting up closer to 4 AM central.
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Nobility

gift from the welsh assembly

BBC News - Royal Wedding Welsh crystal gift from the assembly
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Sweet article
Prince William spends eve of wedding with his dad Prince Charles | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

Seriously LOVE Wills so down to earth!
Prince William risks throne goal by playing football days before royal wedding - Telegraph
Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Courtier

Royal Wedding 2011: Is this Kate Middleton's High Street honeymoon wardrobe? | Mail Online

Photo from yesterday: The top half of the dress looks more like the body of a child than a grown woman! She looks terrible in it!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding