The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4841  
Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
your husband and my husband need to get together, i was very excited it is more than one day...i was reminded that we do have another tv upstairs.
Pity the figure skating fans. The wedding falls in the middle of the World Figure Skating Championships.
__________________

  #4842  
Old 04-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,323
so who will speak First Archbishop of Caterbury or York the Bishop of London im still not sure
__________________

  #4843  
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
We're not going to know until it happens. We can safely assume that the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry them, however.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #4844  
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
I'm beginning to get really nervous. It's a bit of both nervous/excited and nervous/anxious. Anyone else can relate? I just cannot believe it's almost here! I'm going to LOSE it on the actual day. I'll prob be a mess all day long haha
  #4845  
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm beginning to get really nervous. It's a bit of both nervous/excited and nervous/anxious. Anyone else can relate? I just cannot believe it's almost here! I'm going to LOSE it on the actual day. I'll prob be a mess all day long haha
I'm really excited! Not nervous except for the bride and groom since all the pressure is on them. I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people.

I'm on vacation next week so I am looking forward to seeing all the programs, build-up etc...leading up to the big day. Can't wait!
  #4846  
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

Well, they have being practicing for 8 years so that should not prove to be a big problem ...
.
Haha- it's about not blocking the photo, not the actual kiss lol you're right Mia, they've been practicing that 8 yrs!!!!
  #4847  
Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
Pity the figure skating fans. The wedding falls in the middle of the World Figure Skating Championships.
That's nothing!!

Every year I go to Toronto for the Stars On Ice tour stop *and* some shopping or whatever and guess when that is happening this year!?!

My sister thinks it's hysterical all of this is happening all on the same day.

Me? Not so much.
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #4848  
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Royalreporter Twitter-

The Dean of Westminster Abbey is praying for third time lucky after telling Reuters they've lost power on two Fridays in the past month.
  #4849  
Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I'm really excited! Not nervous except for the bride and groom since all the pressure is on them. I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people.

I'm on vacation next week so I am looking forward to seeing all the programs, build-up etc...leading up to the big day. Can't wait!
I don't envy Kate right now. I can't imagine the pressure! I'd be puking the morning of the wedding that's for sure! Oh did I mention I suffer from panic attacks too ya so I would be a MESS if I was her right now.
  #4850  
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
genegirl99's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Posts: 137
ABC will begin coverage at 4:00am Eastern.
__________________
Proud Percy Descendant ('cause Percy's rule the world!)
Writer on fanficnation.net
Knitting with the Royals
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
  #4851  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I don't envy Kate right now. I can't imagine the pressure! I'd be puking the morning of the wedding that's for sure! Oh did I mention I suffer from panic attacks too ya so I would be a MESS if I was her right now.

She may as well get used to it; ever since her engagement was announced, her every move has been scrutinized in the press. And that's mostly what her future will be.
  #4852  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:



The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.







The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!


What does everyone else think?
  #4853  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Catharina's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: none, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 582
No mention yet about Catherine Middleton's title after the wedding but she has received her own coat of arms now.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton gets a coat of arms that can be use for the family business too | Mail Online

Have I understood this correctly, this is the Middleton family's coat of arms and was commissioned by the Middleton family. Are there occasions where they need one? Will Catherine be getting a different kind of coat of arms (am I right that she would have one that would include William's coat of arms as well?) with a suitable crown on top of it or will it be similar to the family coat of arms? As I've understood it Miss Middleton will only be able to use the coat of arms until her wedding since the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman. How does the crest for men differ from this one?
  #4854  
Old 04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
No mention yet about Catherine Middleton's title after the wedding but she has received her own coat of arms now.

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton gets a coat of arms that can be use for the family business too | Mail Online

Have I understood this correctly, this is the Middleton family's coat of arms and was commissioned by the Middleton family. Are there occasions where they need one? Will Catherine be getting a different kind of coat of arms (am I right that she would have one that would include William's coat of arms as well?) with a suitable crown on top of it or will it be similar to the family coat of arms? As I've understood it Miss Middleton will only be able to use the coat of arms until her wedding since the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman. How does the crest for men differ from this one?

After Catherine is married, her coat of arms will be impaled on William's coat of arms. The coat of arms with the ribbon could only be used by Pippa, as she would be the last unmarried Middleton daughter.

To answer your last question:

Quote:
The lozenge has for many centuries been particularly associated with women as a vehicle for the display of their coats of arms (instead of the escutcheon or shield). In modern English and Scottish, but not Canadian, heraldry, the arms of an unmarried woman and of widows are usually shown on a lozenge rather than an escutcheon, without crest or helm. An oval or cartouche is occasionally also used instead of the lozenge for such women.
Married women, however, always display their arms on a shield (except peeresses in their own right, who use the lozenge for their peerage arms even during marriage).
The shield of a married woman (and the lozenge of a widow) may combine her own arms with the arms of her husband, either by impalement side by side or (in the case of an heraldic heiress in English heraldry, but not Scots) in the form of a small "escutcheon of pretence" displaying the wife's arms over a larger shield (or, in the case of a widow, lozenge) of her husband's arms.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #4855  
Old 04-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:



The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.







The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!


What does everyone else think?
Maybe He was refering to Kate's mother, but used the plural to give a more general sense and not get into much details about it.
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4856  
Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,297
Here's a little more info on the official souvenir wedding programme.

The Official Souvenir Wedding Programme
  #4857  
Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
After Catherine is married, her coat of arms will be impaled on William's coat of arms. The coat of arms with the ribbon could only be used by Pippa, as she would be the last unmarried Middleton daughter.
Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.
  #4858  
Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's a little more info on the official souvenir wedding programme.

The Official Souvenir Wedding Programme

Tnks!

and a never-before-seen photo of the couple taken by photographer Mario Testino

Can't wait to see it.
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4859  
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.
I believe that is the case. Catherine has use of this Coat of Arms and afterwards, hers will be blended in with William and she solely will have use of the new one.
__________________
.

  #4860  
Old 04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
genegirl99's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Posts: 137
Want to know the best time to get up? Try this website: The World Clock – Time Zone Converter Guess I'm going to try to get up at 4:00 AM
__________________

__________________
Proud Percy Descendant ('cause Percy's rule the world!)
Writer on fanficnation.net
Knitting with the Royals
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises