The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

ROYAL WEDDING: William and Kate's Generation Game: One's middle-class, the other's blue-blooded. How do the Middleton and Windsor family trees compare? | Mail Online

Old 04-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV
Has someone posted this yet?
Good casting, I think.

T-Mobile Royal Wedding celebrations:
Cute! Good casting of did the paste the real faces over peoples bodies? because man that looked like William, Harry, Anne and the Queen....:)

Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Royalreporter- My understanding is that most, if not all, of the foreign royals will not be at the evening dinner dance. No info on tiara yet.

Does that mean the one the POW is hosting? I am almost as excited to see the other Royals and what they're wearing (ie Victoria, Max, and Mathilde) as I am to see the bride :)
Ya I take it the evening one is just for William and Kate's friends and family. I think the only royal that's the exception to the rule is King Constantine and Queen Anne Maria seeing as he's his god father and the constant close ties they've kept with them.

If they're in tiaras and we get no pics I won't be very happy ugh.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry one more question based on the official timetable what time should I start watching in order to see all the Royal guests arriving? 3am EST in the US you think or 4?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Sorry one more question based on the official timetable what time should I start watching in order to see all the Royal guests arriving? 3am EST in the US you think or 4?
If I'm going by Charles and Diana's schedule official airing began as the foreign royals filed into the church so I'm guessing official airing would be between 2:30est to 3:00est which would be around 9:30am - 10am in London and my time would be 12:30am - 1:00am PST
Old 04-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554

If I'm going by Charles and Diana's schedule official airing began as the foreign royals filed into the church so I'm guessing official airing would be between 2:30est to 3:00est which would be around 9:30am - 10am in London and my time would be 12:30am - 1:00am PST
Hmmmm I was really talking about the official time line released for Kate and Williams wedding but thank you
Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Courtier

I would say around 3am.. That is when I am getting up ...
Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I know but I based it around William and Kate's actual schedule which has the guests beginning to arrive at 8:15 to 9:45am which is why I said 9:30am being 2:30am est 12:30am pst and what I could father from my dvd of Charles and Diana's broadcast. Anything prior to 2:00am EST I'd say won't be worth watching IMO.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I know but I based it around William and Kate's actual schedule which has the guests beginning to arrive at 8:15 to 9:45am which is why I said 9:30am being 2:30am est 12:30am pst and what I could father from my dvd of Charles and Diana's broadcast. Anything prior to 2:00am EST I'd say won't be worth watching IMO.
EDT is 5 hours behind London time, so 9 am in London is 4 am EDT, 3 am CDT, 2 am MDT and 1 am PDT.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Commoner

From what I've seen for the tv schedules here, BBC America starts coverage at 3:00 am est and the major networks begin coverage at 4:00 am est. If guests are arriving before 3:00 am est, I have no idea where it would be broadcast on tv here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be delighted to know. I would hate to miss any detail about this wedding.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Supposedly about this upcoming wedding, but Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia gives a lot more insight into royal weddings of the past, especially Russian ones.
Front: Weddings Playlist - Video Library - The New York Times
Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenngirl4
From what I've seen for the tv schedules here, BBC America starts coverage at 3:00 am est and the major networks begin coverage at 4:00 am est. If guests are arriving before 3:00 am est, I have no idea where it would be broadcast on tv here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be delighted to know. I would hate to miss any detail about this wedding.
10:10 a.m.: The Bridegroom and Prince Harry of Wales leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 10:15 a.m.

10:20 a.m.: Members of Foreign Royal Families arrive at Westminster Abbey from Buckingham Palace.

So 4am should be early enough to see every arrive,yes?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
EDT is 5 hours behind London time, so 9 am in London is 4 am EDT, 3 am CDT, 2 am MDT and 1 am PDT.
Oh ya it is 1am PST my bad I did my math wrong no wonder I sucked in math class

Here's the article I promised now waiting for photos to be released online
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton slips into bridal train as she practises her 300ft march
Old 04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Oh ya it is 1am PST my bad I did my math wrong no wonder I sucked in math class

Here's the article I promised now waiting for photos to be released online
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton slips into bridal train as she practises her 300ft march
Can't wait for pictures! Its becoming so real :)
Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Aristocracy

Why are William and Harry arriving so early-even before the guests and members of their family? I thought they would be the last ones to arrive-barring the bride ofcourse
Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
Why are William and Harry arriving so early-even before the guests and members of their family? I thought they would be the last ones to arrive-barring the bride ofcourse

Protocol - they have to be there before other royals who have to be seated.

Even at ordinary weddings these days the groom often arrives before the members of either family rather than just before the bride's mother.

In this case though the bride's mother won't be the last to arrive before the bride as the Queen arrives everywhere last - unless there is a very good reason for someone to arrive after her and in this case it is the bride - everyone else has to be seated before the Queen.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Aristocracy

HRHofNothing,

I do agree with you, I was thinking the same thing. Why is William and Harry arriving so early? knowing how adept the British Military is there is a reason, let us wait and see.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
HRHofNothing,

I do agree with you, I was thinking the same thing. Why is William and Harry arriving so early? knowing how adept the British Military is there is a reason, let us wait and see.
It is for practical reasons the bridegroom and best man arrives early. The best man is responsible for paying the priest and organist and anyone else that is needed. The other groomsmen are also ushers for the guests. The bridegroom should present the documents necessary for the priest to sign. Although I doubt neither William nor Harry are expected to take care of any of the practical tasks they should still be there before the guests arrive.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It is for practical reasons the bridegroom and best man arrives early. The best man is responsible for paying the priest and organist and anyone else that is needed. The other groomsmen are also ushers for the guests. The bridegroom should present the documents necessary for the priest to sign. Although I doubt neither William nor Harry are expected to take care of any of the practical tasks they should still be there before the guests arrive.
Then too.. with the groom's party already there.. the incoming guests and all leave William NO means of escape.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Catherine Wedding Dress

I do hope that Catherine's wedding dress is a creation of the old and new seeing that she is so thin a straight design may not be impressive.
however every bride has the right to dress to her taste.

Queen Victoria popularized the White dress for brides. During her reign it was fashionalbe to adorn the white wedding dress with (Green Leaves and Forgot me not flowers)

Prior to the Victoria's era Brides wore black, red, yellow and other colours.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding