The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Nobility

I read that the Goring Hotel will set up a marquee to allow the princess-to-be to leave the hotel and enter the car in complete privacy.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
I read that the Goring Hotel will set up a marquee to allow the princess-to-be to leave the hotel and enter the car in complete privacy.

Where did you read that?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
Where did you read that?
I read it several weeks ago so don't remember. But I just did a Google search on "Goring Hotel + marquee + Kate" and several sources came up about the marquee.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Nobility

In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel. Only 100 friends (among them royalty) and diner and dance after the diner. but in the case of the BRF the two events are ... the same day ! I find very sensitive from the royal family not to do more in terms of reception. UK is through a big recession and it will be tacky to do more. I'll find a bit too much that the swedish royal family did so much extravaganza. The result, the opinion poll regarding the SRF was desastrous and Sweden which expected many scandinavians to travel to stokholm was very disappointed, they expected 1 million people in the streets, there was just 500 000; they expected the hotels full, and it was like any other year, even not more, trains were cancelled because of lack of interest, so I think the BRF has judged perfectly the mood of the country and gave a good response. I applaud them for this perfect judgment.
On another point, the major french channels do a report each day in their news at 08.OOPM about the wedding. They yet sent reporters in england who are going to stay until the wedding and tour the country to report on the "wedding of the century". On the Channel 2, Jean-Mihel Cardoze (very well known in fFrance) said he is convinced Kate will be a storm in UK and will be more appreciated and loved because the UK are very much in "need" for the moment. They are very gloomy and depressif in the moment in the whole country and that Kate arrives on the scene exactly at the best moment.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I would love to see how elegant the tresses down and floating will be? Getting married at Westminster Abbey and going to Woodstock are two different things.Hope she has some good hairspray and the weather on her side which is predicted as good and shiny that day..Hair down means existentialist overdrive. I did hope Kate would have had her hair coiffed in an updo- but let's see because magazines write what they will to sell copies without actually containing elements of truth
Yes I agree with you that magazines will say anything to sell their story, so it is impossible to know if this is true about Catherine's hair or not.
I personally would love to see her wear her hair up in an elegant updo.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Or back in a soft and elegant chignon on the nape of her neck.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I've been thinking the same thing. I imagine that the road and junctions leading into the road will be closed off to traffic to allow Kate and her father to leave the hotel. Otherwise, it will be similar to when Willem-Alexander and Maxima left for their civil wedding and we'll see the bride come out of the hotel, but I dount it!
Both the Queen Mother and the late Duchess of Gloucester left fromt their parental Homes in London and there is Video-Coverage from them entering the Glass Coach so i think it should be no Problem. I also don't understand why Kate isn't spending the night in one of the Palaces. For sure the Queen would have offered her a Guest suite and this would allow her to go in the Car out of the Eye of the Public.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123

Yes I agree with you that magazines will say anything to sell their story, so it is impossible to know if this is true about Catherine's hair or not.
They do make stuff up but.....I believe for this her hairdresser is quoted directly and I am not sure you can attribute quotes to someone if they did not say them.......

I for one don't think her hair total down will look as 'princessy' with a tiara but I shall withhold judgement until I see it that day....
Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Sorry if the question has been asked before (but I didn't have time to read all the 238 pages ), but why doesn't prince William and his fiancee attend the dinner organised on the eve of the wedding, with the official guests? And why are the official guests not invited to attend later in the evening (only a brunch I believe). Quite odd IMHO, and AFAIK it didn't happen during any continental royal wedding.
The party the Queen is hosting the night before the wedding for the official guest is just for that. I don't think any of the Middleton side of the family will be there. I imagine Kate will be doing something special for her last night with her mom and dad and siblings. Besides, isn't it bad luck to see the bride 24 hours before the wedding? I think probably William and Harry and a few close friends will probably be relaxing together somewhere (Clarence House maybe?)

The party Prince Charles is hosting in the evening of the wedding day is strictly for close friends and family of bride and groom where they can really party and relax and let their guard down and as been stated "knees up". The wedding breakfast that the Queen is hosting at BP will be the more stately and formal wedding reception and I'm pretty sure the official guests are invited to that.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Both the Queen Mother and the late Duchess of Gloucester left fromt their parental Homes in London and there is Video-Coverage from them entering the Glass Coach so i think it should be no Problem. I also don't understand why Kate isn't spending the night in one of the Palaces. For sure the Queen would have offered her a Guest suite and this would allow her to go in the Car out of the Eye of the Public.
Apparently Catherine wanted to spend her last evening as a single woman with her family, although I'd have thought the Queen would be happy to let her family stay at the palace--or is that the problem, that not everyone in her family can stay at the palace (her parents and sibling, etc)? Or maybe she just want to kind of make further the point that she's a commoner up to the morning of the wedding?

Another reason I'm guessing is that they had booked the hotel almost immediately upon the engagement (or even before?) and that they've stayed there quite a few times before, so maybe they'd feel much more comfortable in the hotel than in the palace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The party the Queen is hosting the night before the wedding for the official guest is just for that. I don't think any of the Middleton side of the family will be there. I imagine Kate will be doing something special for her last night with her mom and dad and siblings. Besides, isn't it bad luck to see the bride 24 hours before the wedding? I think probably William and Harry and a few close friends will probably be relaxing together somewhere (Clarence House maybe?)

The party Prince Charles is hosting in the evening of the wedding day is strictly for close friends and family of bride and groom where they can really party and relax and let their guard down and as been stated "knees up". The wedding breakfast that the Queen is hosting at BP will be the more stately and formal wedding reception and I'm pretty sure the official guests are invited to that.
One way of looking at this is the first one is really for the Official State guests (government officials, Prime Ministers, etc), because of the Queen's role and Prince William's role as a future monarch. The evening one is much more like a typical wedding party that private individuals would hold for their weddings. Hope that explains why they have 2 receptions.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
One way of looking at this is the first one is really for the Official State guests (government officials, Prime Ministers, etc), because of the Queen's role and Prince William's role as a future monarch. The evening one is much more like a typical wedding party that private individuals would hold for their weddings. Hope that explains why they have 2 receptions.
Good way of putting it. OR... one for behavin' and one for misbehavin'
Old 04-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Bingo!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel. Only 100 friends (among them royalty) and diner and dance after the diner. but in the case of the BRF the two events are ... the same day !
The dinner and dance for Victoria and Daniel was prior to most guests arriving for the wedding but in William and Catherine's case the guests are expected for the morning wedding but then excluded for the evening dinner and dance. Unless there is a very festive event on the evening prior to the wedding it would be very rude to invite guests to travel to a wedding in another country and then exclude them from the major social activities surrounding the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Is there an assumption that she will get dressed at the hotel or at Buckingham Palace? Considering she will most likely meet with the bridal party prior to the wedding one could perhaps assume they will all get ready at the palace. There are more space and amenities available for hairdressers and everyone else needed for the preparations.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand a thing here,so nearly all guests will be present at morning reception.How about the evening reception?Will they organize one?With dance etc,if it will be then it will be just a family event,I guess
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The dinner and dance for Victoria and Daniel was prior to most guests arriving for the wedding but in William and Catherine's case the guests are expected for the morning wedding but then excluded for the evening dinner and dance. Unless there is a very festive event on the evening prior to the wedding it would be very rude to invite guests to travel to a wedding in another country and then exclude them from the major social activities surrounding the wedding.

Is there an assumption that she will get dressed at the hotel or at Buckingham Palace? Considering she will most likely meet with the bridal party prior to the wedding one could perhaps assume they will all get ready at the palace. There are more space and amenities available for hairdressers and everyone else needed for the preparations.
Apparently there will be an Ball/Reception the evening before at an Hotel for the foreign Royals but the bridal couple is not expected there.
As for Catherine she ill get ready at the Hotel and leavre from there as stated in the official timetable for the Wedding.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

I thought I'd read somewhere Victoria saying that theyd not been invited to the after wedding party? Something like we have no after wedding plans? Or was that just for the night one? Anyone remember this or am I losing my mind? :)
Old 04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

She said we have no plans for Saturday night though I think she meant Friday but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
In fact the wedding reception offered by the Prince of Wales is exactly the same event that the evening reception and dancing offered to victoria and danial by the king of sweden two days before the wedding of victoria. We just had a few photos or royalty leaving their hotels all dress up and no photo of victoria and daniel
Sorry I know this isn't a thread for Victoria and Daniel but are these pics from the night your talking about? http://i49.tinypic.com/e80qk2.jpg

Hm seeing these though gives me hope for getting some snapshots of Wills and Kate arriving for the reception assuming they go to SJP after the wedding breakfast.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Good one...
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

A report about the reception:
Quote:
The 600 guests invited to the canape reception at Buckingham Palace following Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding on April 29 will be served with 10,000 different kinds of hot and cold canapes, says a report.
More here: Big, fat wedding reception: 10,000 different canapes - The Times of India

World Exclusive photos from the wedding rehearsal to be released this week:
Quote:
IkonPictures Niraj Tanna

Can't wait to see @CamillaTominey article about the wedding rehearsal at Westminster Abbey this week. Oh, and world exclusive pics!

16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
ETA: I got more info it will be in the Sunday Express
Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Royalreporter- My understanding is that most, if not all, of the foreign royals will not be at the evening dinner dance. No info on tiara yet.

Does that mean the one the POW is hosting? I am almost as excited to see the other Royals and what they're wearing (ie Victoria, Max, and Mathilde) as I am to see the bride :)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding