The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I'm sorry, I know this sounds mean, but I cannot believe they would invite the Beckhams. I do not care what they did together for the World Cup, it just...not to be a snob, or that I have any right to be, they do not belong there. I just have a horrible feeling, pregnant or not, if it is true they are in fact invited, she will try and upstage Catherine with her dress and look. Also, I can think of several others including blood family members who have more of a right. The Beckhams...cheapen the feel of it. Role models or not, meritocrats or not, (not that some of the Royals have anything to be proud of).

I just think in this day and age with endless, endless news about Brangelina, the Kardashians, the Jonas idiots, the Bieber kid, Gaga, Britney, Charlie, Lindsey, we sometimes look to the royals in general as those pseudo-celebs (you know what I mean), who are above, the common celebrities. There is still some of that stardust of royalty, the magic of the fairytale, which is why we watch and post here.
It's easy to forget that David was the former captain of the English national football team. That's pretty impressive. All the extra stuff simply stemmed from that. William also invited rugby captains to his wedding. It's a nice acknowledgement of sport.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

So is everyone somehow involve with this wedding ??
Kathy Griffin to Host Royal Wedding Special for TV Guide Network - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Actually I'd love to see this.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Gag me ... big time! I cannot bear that awful brassy woman. All she will do is make tacky statements that SHE thinks are funny. She has to be the most grossly over rated person in the "entertainment" business.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States

Well, I don't have his head attached yet, but I got an arm! I also have his hair attached.
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/Palac...d842015602d090

According to this the Queen picked out the majority of the wedding menu ( I assume for the after wedding breakfast but I would bet for Charles's party it's less formal so Kate and Will had more input)

''And while the bride and groom did have some say in selection, the majority of the menu will come from the Queen herself.''

From the Head of the Royal Kitchen/Chef
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

Princess durham, well different people, different tastes. Tnk God for remotes. At least she won't be in one of the major US' network. :)

genegirl99, keep us updated -part 2!

Things like that make the whole situation "realer". 2 weeks to go!
Royal Wedding: Prince William had to fill in application forms for honeymoon leave - Telegraph
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Royal wedding: further details announced

Royal wedding: further details announced

Kate Middleton will be staying in the hotel's Royal suite

More details of the royal wedding have been released by Buckingham Palace
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Gag me ... big time! I cannot bear that awful brassy woman. All she will do is make tacky statements that SHE thinks are funny. She has to be the most grossly over rated person in the "entertainment" business.
I feel the exact same way!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The official wedding day schedule has been released.

The Wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton: An update

It's interesting that Kate opted to spend the night at the Goring Hotel and not Buckingham Palace. I wonder how secure that will be?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If you subscribe to the Charles was a bad parent brigade it is nice.
The title is so offputting to me that I can't click to read it. I'm not in the mood, I guess. Sounds so smarmy.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
The official wedding day schedule has been released.

The Wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton: An update

It's interesting that Kate opted to spend the night at the Goring Hotel and not Buckingham Palace. I wonder how secure that will be?
It seems that we will see our first glimpse of Kate coming out of the Goring Hotel, unless the exit she uses cannot be seen by the media etc.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I thought so too, but one of the royal reporters just said that Kate will be shielded when leaving the hotel.

Clarence House also announced that Kate, Harry and her bridesmaids were at wedding rehearsals today.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Has someone posted this yet?
Good casting, I think.

T-Mobile Royal Wedding celebrations:
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

I have to say, the faces on the pizza look more like the couple than the ones on the coins.
Royal wedding recreated in pizza portrait | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Very fitting, as I hear they both love pizza. Agree about the coins...ugg.

And, that T-Mobile thing is hilarious. There is a uTube of a real wedding like that back in 2009.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Things like that make the whole situation "realer". 2 weeks to go!
Royal Wedding: Prince William had to fill in application forms for honeymoon leave - Telegraph
No wonder he invited his whole squadron including wives (not all guests are allowed to bring their spouses/Partners) - these are the closer social contacts for Catherine once she lives as William's wife in Anglesey and the fact that these ladies were invited to the wedding will make Catherine's start down there a lot easier. Good for her!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Good casting, I think.

Now this is really sweet! One hopes that the real wedding service will contain as much joy as this one let's one feel. Great!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
No wonder he invited his whole squadron including wives (not all guests are allowed to bring their spouses/Partners) - these are the closer social contacts for Catherine once she lives as William's wife in Anglesey and the fact that these ladies were invited to the wedding will make Catherine's start down there a lot easier. Good for her!
I think it's great the whole squadron and their wives/partners have been invited and iy just unlines how close a unit they all are. It will allow William and Kate a chance to show how much they value these friends.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Good casting, I think.

Oh that's really very clever indeed - I just love it!! Very good casting!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Gentry

Love the t-mobile video.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding