The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I actually think she should wear it down as it suits her immensely but it would also imply that she won't be wearing a tiara on her wedding day.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can wear a tiara with your hair down. There's no rule that says you have to have an up-do to wear a tiara.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
after the wedding next public appearances:
- 11 June: Trooping the Colour in London
- 12 June: Mess for the Duke of Edimburg 90th Birthday and dîner for the whole family in Windsor and special guests (dont know who)
- 13 June: the Order of the Garter Ceremony in Windsor (they will be yet in the place)
And then Canada!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
And then Canada!
During the Obama's visit do you think they could be invited, for the state dinner?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Nobility

30 july: wedding of Zara and Mike in Scotland
Old 04-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
During the Obama's visit do you think they could be invited, for the state dinner?
I doubt it only because Prince William never seems to go to those events only Queen Elizabeth's children. However, I can't wait til they begin doing more and more official or rather state events if that's the correct term. I personally think it would be a breath of fresh air to see them there, but maybe after William finishes with the military.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You can wear a tiara with your hair down. There's no rule that says you have to have an up-do to wear a tiara.
I think with some heavier tiaras, they use some hairpieces to make sure the tiara stay in place. That's easily done and concealed with an updo. If Kate is going to wear her hair down (and dang.. she does have gorgeous hair), she might opt for a tiara like the Strathmore Rose which seems to be more lightweight. I know I'll be looking first at the dress then at the head to see just what she does have on.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Nobility

They haven't announced any pre-wedding events right? Does that only happen for state weddings?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
They haven't announced any pre-wedding events right? Does that only happen for state weddings?
Good question. I think that anything leading up to the wedding itself involving William and Kate will be private. I'm sure that the street parties are going to start well before then though. As far as I know, no official events have been announced prior to the wedding day.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

From Frederik's own mouth:

Quote:
BB reporter Trine Larsen recently intercepted CP Frederik in London, where he was attending a meeting. He was apparently asked about the UK royal wedding and said:' No we are not going to the wedding. As they say it's no shame staying away when you're not invited (Danish saying). As far as I know only the heads of states are invited.'
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1231850
Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Just to let you know that BBC1 are doing a two-part documentary on British Royal Weddings starting this Sunday at 9pm BBC1 (I think the second part will be on Easter Sunday at the same time).

Obviously this is mainly geared to UK television viewers but for those folks overseas who are interested I hope you can watch it on BBC iplayer.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Just to let you know that BBC1 are doing a two-part documentary on British Royal Weddings starting this Sunday at 9pm BBC1 (I think the second part will be on Easter Sunday at the same time).

Obviously this is mainly geared to UK television viewers but for those folks overseas who are interested I hope you can watch it on BBC iplayer.
Or hopefully BBCAmerica will pick it up and run it. Going to have to check their programming schedule. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Watching this movie won't be serious,but funny!
Critics slam Wills and Kate movie | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Well this makes sense from everything we've heard and obviously some families decided to send the younger couples (victoria,Daniel WA and Max etc....) so conceivably the Danish could have sent Fred and Mary .......and it's fine they chose not too- either way is fine.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sorry, I know this sounds mean, but I cannot believe they would invite the Beckhams. I do not care what they did together for the World Cup, it just...not to be a snob, or that I have any right to be, they do not belong there. I just have a horrible feeling, pregnant or not, if it is true they are in fact invited, she will try and upstage Catherine with her dress and look. Also, I can think of several others including blood family members who have more of a right. The Beckhams...cheapen the feel of it. Role models or not, meritocrats or not, (not that some of the Royals have anything to be proud of).

I just think in this day and age with endless, endless news about Brangelina, the Kardashians, the Jonas idiots, the Bieber kid, Gaga, Britney, Charlie, Lindsey, we sometimes look to the royals in general as those pseudo-celebs (you know what I mean), who are above, the common celebrities. There is still some of that stardust of royalty, the magic of the fairytale, which is why we watch and post here.

I so happy for these two. I do not know them, but I wish them all the luck and love in the world. Sadly, this is one marriage that MUST work, no matter what. I think they both know that underneath all the fun and gaity of this day, this marriage cannot afford to go wrong in the glare of 24 hour media.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I'm sorry, I know this sounds mean, but I cannot believe they would invite the Beckhams. I do not care what they did together for the World Cup, it just...not to be a snob, or that I have any right to be, they do not belong there. I just have a horrible feeling, pregnant or not, if it is true they are in fact invited, she will try and upstage Catherine with her dress and look. Also, I can think of several others including blood family members who have more of a right. The Beckhams...cheapen the feel of it. Role models or not, meritocrats or not, (not that some of the Royals have anything to be proud of).

I just think in this day and age with endless, endless news about Brangelina, the Kardashians, the Jonas idiots, the Bieber kid, Gaga, Britney, Charlie, Lindsey, we sometimes look to the royals in general as those pseudo-celebs (you know what I mean), who are above, the common celebrities. There is still some of that stardust of royalty, the magic of the fairytale, which is why we watch and post here.

I so happy for these two. I do not know them, but I wish them all the luck and love in the world. Sadly, this is one marriage that MUST work, no matter what. I think they both know that underneath all the fun and gaity of this day, this marriage cannot afford to go wrong in the glare of 24 hour media.
Honestly, I could understand them inviting the Beckhams. David and Victoria are not what you think. They really are nice down to earth people...especially David. A lot of these women put on a facade for the press...that's how they survive. But I can honestly say they're good people:)
Old 04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Special report in the NOUVEL OBSERVATEUR. William and Kate are on the cover (photo from Dublin with Kate struggling with her umbrella and the wind and william watching her) cant copy the image.
L'actualité Le mariage de Kate et William - Actualités et journal d'information en ligne - Nouvelobs.com
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Nobility

George Michael interview : He is recording a song for William and Kate, and He said he was not invited to the wedding.

George Michael va offrir une chanson à William et Kate Middleton - Le mariage de Kate et William - Nouvelobs.com
Old 04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Or hopefully BBCAmerica will pick it up and run it. Going to have to check their programming schedule. Thanks for the heads up!
If you find anything, please let me know!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Oh Jeez, David Tuter's at it again. They mention he's done an event for the royals. I wonder if it's one of the younger royals' nightclub party. He doesn't mention anything about the wedding gown this time, but there is a strapless prom dress in the background. As for his idea of splendor and opulence looks more like tacky and vulgar; think Princess Michael not Princess Diana. Seriously, plastic crystal chains hanging from the bouquet?
British Royal Wedding Blogs - Yahoo! Shine

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding