The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Looks like the Prince and Me to be honest. Only that movie was flawless.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Looks like the Prince and Me to be honest. Only that movie was flawless.
Haven't seen it. Gonna check on Youtube.
The actress was born in England, but sometimes sounds more like an Aussie.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

You have to! It's lovely. It has three or even four follow-ups but the second one is without the original actress (Julia Stiles) and the others are without the original actor (Luke Mably or whatever) so it got embarassing.

Sorry, Off-topic
Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
Great video. They certainly put a lot of effort into that video.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
anyways, there's another clip for Lifetime' William & Kate The Movie

I'm not sure if that's the intended reaction, but I can't seem to stop laughing.
WTH
You can't pay me to watch that.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Most morbid Royal Wedding article?

They've managed to link the upcoming wedding to rehearsals for the Queen's funeral.

Wedding a rehearsal for Queen's funeral | Herald Sun
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
They've managed to link the upcoming wedding to rehearsals for the Queen's funeral.

Actually this is not a far fetched idea. Its been well documentated that the funeral of Diana's was put into action so swiftly because at the time they used the plans the Queen Mum had drawn up for her funeral.

Another thought I had is that the planning of the security for this wedding will be a good forerunner for the crowds at the 2012 Olympics and the Jublilee.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
That's amazing! I wish Kate and William could see it, I bet'd they laugh -they seem fun! :)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962

Wedding a rehearsal for Queens funeral | Herald Sun
The Queen is does strike me as very pragmatic and I have read they do always have updated plans for her funeral that she approves before but can't remember where....it is a bit morose though to think of it at the same time as a wedding but ce la vie! (hope I spelled that right)
Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post

The Queen Mother enjoyed updating plans for her funeral, watched a couple of rehearsals and arranged for special candle holders for the Abbey because she didn't like the ones originally planned for use.

I think with age people become quite pragmatic about the inevitable end. I had a great aunt who lived to be about 105 and she regaularly updated her funeral plans because proposed guests and also clergymen kept dying before her.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post

I think the video is priceless. I think Prince William and Catherine would get a kick out of it!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Nobility

I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Lifetime movie; the actors look nothing like the real people and it seems like another one of those movies just made simply because the main 'characters' are famous. Lifetime made a movie about Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lynch, Amanda Knox and now William & Kate. They really just need to stop.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006
I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Lifetime movie; the actors look nothing like the real people and it seems like another one of those movies just made simply because the main 'characters' are famous. Lifetime made a movie about Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lynch, Amanda Knox and now William & Kate. They really just need to stop.
That's the point of Lifetime. It's a guilty pleasure network. D-list actors with bad writing and cheesy plots. Their awful Christmas movies are awesomely bad entertainment. They love to make movies from Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele novels as well as do fictional real life portrayals. It's all aimed at women.

This movie was never going to be good or anything other than a complete joke. Everyone in the US knows this--I'm a bit mortified that it will be shown overseas where people don't seem to understand. Just watch it with incredibly low expectations and accept the cheese and you may enjoy it. :)
Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Nobility

The only thing worth watching on Lifetime is "Drop Dead Diva" and even that was questionable last season.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton’s secret is out as Palace confirms her vow to Church

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but in the lead up to the wedding Kate has been confirmed into the CoE. She had been baptised as an infant but hadn't taken the step of confirming her faith until recently - March 10th 14 years and 1 day after William was confirmed).
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Nobility

for MRSJ : c'est la vie
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
That's the point of Lifetime. It's a guilty pleasure network. D-list actors with bad writing and cheesy plots. Their awful Christmas movies are awesomely bad entertainment. They love to make movies from Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele novels as well as do fictional real life portrayals. It's all aimed at women.

This movie was never going to be good or anything other than a complete joke. Everyone in the US knows this--I'm a bit mortified that it will be shown overseas where people don't seem to understand. Just watch it with incredibly low expectations and accept the cheese and you may enjoy it. :)
exactly! If I couldn't stop laughing at the trailer, can't imagine when the movie comes out. if I eventually see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton’s secret is out as Palace confirms her vow to Church

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but in the lead up to the wedding Kate has been confirmed into the CoE. She had been baptised as an infant but hadn't taken the step of confirming her faith until recently - March 10th 14 years and 1 day after William was confirmed).
Haven't seen it before, tnks.

A good decision considering her future role.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:38 AM
Courtier

A Regal Reinvention | Mail Online
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Majesty

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton has engagement ring made smaller - Telegraph

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton has engagement ring made smaller

Kate Middleton is having her engagement ring made smaller to fit her finger better, it has emerged.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Majesty

I wonder if Kate will ask the women (The princesses) to dress up in a certain way at her wedding.Like at Maximas,Letizias and Marie-Chantel they asked the princesses to wear elegant daywear and no flashy jewelery like tiaras but hats.Maybe because the brides didnt want to be upstaged.Mary and Victoria didnt bother to make that rule.But I think Mary was upstaged by Letizia at her wedding.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding