The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

So what do we think we now have a 3pm break in the schedule and then they return for the reception done by POW. So what do we think if there is a second dress I wonder if that would be our only chance at seeing it. IMO I didn't think this fit into the wedding dress thread that's why I put it here. I don't think they'd use a decoy or anything lol least I sure hope not. I'm guessing considering everyone knows about the reception media probably won't leave London right away. Plus the possibility of seeing them leaving for their honeymoon the next day.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I'd go one better and bring a laptop, hook up to a WiFi connection or over my phone's internet and watch it online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Me too I'll prefert to be in front of the Abbaye, but it means you probably have to stay all night long to secure your place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I know that when I was in The Mall for the 60th Anniversary of the end of WWII there were big screens there - the one I watched was sort of on the fence at the front of BP but over to the side, and I think there was one of the other side.
They typically put up large screens around ther royal parks and around the route to give the waiting public an opportunity to watch the key moments.

I remember going to The Mall at the time of the jubilee in 2002, and the atmosphere was electric. This time we will actually watch on the telly, even though we will be only a few miles from the Palace

Old 04-08-2011, 04:54 AM
Royal Highness

BBC News - Weddings rings: Have men always worn them?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:26 AM
Majesty

Should anybody be questioning if wedding fever has hit the UK yet......

Soaps - News - 'EastEnders' reveals royal wedding ep plans - Digital Spy

'EastEnders' reveals royal wedding ep plans
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Majesty

Royal Wedding prayer: Dear Lord, help William and Kate stay faithful - Telegraph

Royal Wedding prayer: Dear Lord, help William and Kate stay faithful

It is the very definition of a delicate subject, but given the recent history of infidelity in royal marriages, the Church of England has decided it is already time to start praying Prince William and Kate Middleton will manage to stay faithful to each other.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Dame Helen: Kate is 'working class' | The Sun |Showbiz|Film
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So what do we think we now have a 3pm break in the schedule and then they return for the reception done by POW. So what do we think if there is a second dress I wonder if that would be our only chance at seeing it. IMO I didn't think this fit into the wedding dress thread that's why I put it here. I don't think they'd use a decoy or anything lol least I sure hope not. I'm guessing considering everyone knows about the reception media probably won't leave London right away. Plus the possibility of seeing them leaving for their honeymoon the next day.
Hmm, yes, I've just seen that at 3pm there will be a break at St James Palace before the evening reception. It should be another chance to see the newlyweds drive between Buckingham Palace and St James's Palace but will Kate have changed into an evening dress by then or (assuming tehre is an evening dress) will she change later on.

I had thought that the evening reception was going to be at Buckingham Palace, which would have given the possible opportunity of an evening balcony appearance.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Hmm, yes, I've just seen that at 3pm there will be a break at St James Palace before the evening reception. It should be another chance to see the newlyweds drive between Buckingham Palace and St James's Palace but will Kate have changed into an evening dress by then or (assuming tehre is an evening dress) will she change later on.

I had thought that the evening reception was going to be at Buckingham Palace, which would have given the possible opportunity of an evening balcony appearance.
I have trouble believing they'd go to the bother of driving to St. James and back, when they can easily change clothes at BP. Besides aren't they spending their first night in BP?

And I strongly suspect that the balcony appearance after they return from the Westminster Abbey will be their last public appearance--no further appearance until their next official public appearance (few weeks?).

But of course they can break tradition and appear again. :)
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Aristocracy

Prince William not to wear wedding band

There is an article in PEOPLE'S April 18, 2011 issue saying that Prince William will be breaking with tradition by not wearing a wedding band. "There is only going to be one ring, in accordance with the couple's wishes," a palace spokeswoman tells PEOPLE.

I think he should wear a wedding band but that is my personnal opinion.

Anyway I was wondering what anyone thinks about Prince William's choice not to wear a wedding band.

Thanks,
Brent R. von Behrens II
Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbevb View Post
There is an article in PEOPLE'S April 18, 2011 issue saying that Prince William will be breaking with tradition by not wearing a wedding band. "There is only going to be one ring, in accordance with the couple's wishes," a palace spokeswoman tells PEOPLE.

I think he should wear a wedding band but that is my personnal opinion.

Anyway I was wondering what anyone thinks about Prince William's choice not to wear a wedding band.

Thanks,
Brent R. von Behrens II
Actually from the discussion I've read on this matter its more of a royal tradition not to wear a wedding band. Those males that have worn them however have worn them under their signet rings on the little finger in the style of Prince Charles.

I don't see Prince William ever wearing much jewelry at all other than his watch which is a necessity I think for him. It may also be that the line of work he is in at the moment makes it a liability for him to wear any kind of a ring.

For me, its a personal choice of the couple and doesn't bother me either way.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Not sure if this is already posted but according to Monarquiaconfincetial Felipe and letizia will attend the wedding
Monarquía Confidencial
It's confirmed Queen Sofía, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia will attend.

La reina Doña Sofía y los príncipes de Asturias asistirán a la boda del príncipe Guillermo - RTVE.es
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Can I ask is the schedule official or is it estimated like where did it originally come from? Was it CH that released it or did the tabloids think of it cause if its not from an official source then I'm wondering if the 3pm break is true. But maybe there's alot of preparation do be done in between the parties at BP so that's why they're leaving idk.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miramar View Post
It's confirmed Queen Sofía, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia will attend.

La reina Doña Sofía y los príncipes de Asturias asistirán a la boda del príncipe Guillermo - RTVE.es
Didn't know the Queen was also coming. Nice!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Is there news about whether we can expect the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark to attend?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel
Royal Wedding prayer: Dear Lord, help William and Kate stay faithful - Telegraph

Royal Wedding prayer: Dear Lord, help William and Kate stay faithful

It is the very definition of a delicate subject, but given the recent history of infidelity in royal marriages, the Church of England has decided it is already time to start praying Prince William and Kate Middleton will manage to stay faithful to each other.
They will need a whole lot of prayer.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

No offense, but praying that two people don't screw around with other people? I can think of a better usage of their time than that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Majesty

I support the prayer completely. There should have been prayers like this for the Queen's children's generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
No offense, but praying that two people don't screw around with other people? I can think of a better usage of their time than that.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'd prefer if they add some for his hair
To pray for them it's nice, but if two main people in this relationship don't do their part, it won't be enough!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prayer cannot make someone stay faithful to their spouse. You could pray until all the churches in England turn to rubble, and if someone wants to cheat, they're going to cheat.

The idea of praying that someone behaves in a manner you deem appropriate, regardless of whether said person behaving in that manner is a good idea, creeps me out.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Prayer cannot make someone stay faithful to their spouse. You could pray until all the churches in England turn to rubble, and if someone wants to cheat, they're going to cheat.

The idea of praying that someone behaves in a manner you deem appropriate, regardless of whether said person behaving in that manner is a good idea, creeps me out.
On that entire matter I really don't see a need to worry overly much. In the years they've been together, its been kind of obvious that William is a one woman man and really doesn't have too much of a roving nature. Nor does Kate.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding