The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

A kiss was not protocol in my CofE wedding.
A kiss doesn't have to be protocol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
Royal Wedding Vs X Factor: Schoolchildren are more excited by reality TV | Mail Online
Is it true?I wonder then why people were far more excited 30 years ago when it was Prince Charles's and Diana's wedding
You wonder why people were excited in 1982? Monarchy was more popular and no reality TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
Here in Denmark it does not stand anywhere in the "Book of Rituals" that the priest shall say "You must kiss the bride" to the groom.

So CP Frederik and CPss Mary did it after the book, so to speak
But they still did it.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Indeed it is, that is history right there. I pulled an all nighter for Diana's funeral as well.
Good for you! I took time off from work myself.... and not only that, I am having a royal wedding tiara party, sleepover with some girlfriends from high school. we will have a mini-wedding cake, mimosa's (champagne with orange juice), and I had custom t-shirts made for the occassion with Royal Wedding on the front in crystals, and Princess (insert name here) with 3 cats walking with tiaras in the back (1 for each of us) talk about getting carried away........

Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34
I just happened to come across this article in people magazine. It's about the Emmanuels having a back up dress for Diana (never revealed before now). I must admit that I'm glad she wore the original version. I heard that Sarah had an emergency back up dress with a shorter train. Now I'm wondering if Kate has a back up dress too. Princess Diana's Spare Wedding Dress Revealed - Weddings, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Princess Diana, The British Royals : People.com
Looks like wings!

http://m.usmag.com/v/CelebNews/WillK...4c6e0159fb0bd2

Kate's 6 hairdressers!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ts-terror-fear
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Serene Highness

A Royal Prenup for Prince William and Kate Middleton?

Does Prince Will need a pre-nup? This fluff piece asks that question - but also gives an estimate of his worth - a mere $45 million (don't know what that is in pounds these days).
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post

Does Prince Will need a pre-nup? This fluff piece asks that question - but also gives an estimate of his worth - a mere $45 million (don't know what that is in pounds these days).
I would imagine that a pre-nup would be very very unlikely.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 AM
Majesty

Royal wedding: William and Kate will be new Posh and Becks - Telegraph

Royal wedding: William and Kate will be new Posh and Becks

Prince William and Kate Middleton have sparked a ''new generation revival'' of the monarchy and could end up replacing celebrities like the Beckhams, according to one royal historian.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post

He also has land, lots of it but that is beside the point. A pre-nup would prevent any children of the marriage leaving the country without the consent of he crown.

You only have to look at Christina Onasis' daughter to see what happens when you get brought up outside the country of your inheritance.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi

IMO a pre-nup would be neccessary for a marriage like this - there is more then just a 'normal' marriage involved but I bet that's pretty standard to the RF (nowadays) it is in someways a business....as unromantic as it sounds I imagine Kate knew that was part of the deal....I Also believe that Kate and William won't have any cause to enforce it
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
But they still did it.
Yes, but it was not a part of the ceremony. They were on their way out of the church. That´s a big difference, IMO.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
Yes, but it was not a part of the ceremony. They were on their way out of the church. That´s a big difference, IMO.
I never said it was part of the ceremony, I said they kissed in the church. Which they did.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Commoner

the wedding

Read in one of the Hello mags that P.Harry plans to embarrass P.William in his speech.
Frankly just the presence of their uncle "champagne charlie" with his latest but undoubtedly not last paramour should be embarrassment enough.
If he were a woman he would called by a very unflattering word in the English dictionary.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat lover View Post
Read in one of the Hello mags that P.Harry plans to embarrass P.William in his speech.
Frankly just the presence of their uncle "champagne charlie" with his latest but undoubtedly not last paramour should be embarrassment enough.
If he were a woman he would called by a very unflattering word in the English dictionary.

good one! and oh so true...........
Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
In all the British Royal weddings that I have watched in my lifetime, I don't recall the couple kissing during the service. They might do it when they go back to sign the license (where no cameras are) but never in the church. That includes Charles/Diana, Sarah/Andrew, Sophie/Edward. We didnt see anything of the civil ceremony for Charles and Camilla and certainly not during the blessing service.

They usually do a quick kiss on the balcony.

I can help on this; no Church of England Wedding ceremony includes the words ' You may now kiss the bride'. You do often see films though that implies [wrongly] that this is the case.

After the couple has been pronounced man and wife, the wedding party move off [usually to an area of the church known as 'The Vestry',although not all Church of England Churches, especially the very ancient ones include a large enough Vestry] where the Bride and Groom sign the Register [not the Licence] and those acting as witnesses to the wedding sign the Register there and then. At a Royal Wedding, there may well be time for a very quick kiss, but I assume that it is more likely to be in the nature of a very quick kiss on the cheek - there cannot be the risk of smudging make-up etc [TV cameras will be focused on the couple as they then walk down the aisle again etc]. Time in the Vestry is at a premium - in the case of The Duchess of York, her flower headband had to be removed quickly and her veil rearranged to reveal the tiara. With all that going on, there would not have been much time for more than a 'quick peck of a kiss'.

Once out of the Vestry, the first really important gesture that takes place is the First Curtesy, where the new Royal Bride makes her curtesy to the Queen.

As Zonk says, the first kiss the public see is On the Balcony. IIRC, Prince Charles seemed to hesitate for a brief moment, which I think was purely because he was not sure of the protocol of doing so; by the time the Yorks married, the balcony kiss of Sarah and Andrew seemed much more joyous and natural.

Alex
Old 04-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist

I can help on this; no Church of England Wedding ceremony includes the words ' You may now kiss the bride'. You do often see films though that implies [wrongly] that this is the case.

After the couple has been pronounced man and wife, the wedding party move off [usually to an area of the church known as 'The Vestry',although not all Church of England Churches, especially the very ancient ones include a large enough Vestry] where the Bride and Groom sign the Register [not the Licence] and those acting as witnesses to the wedding sign the Register there and then. At a Royal Wedding, there may well be time for a very quick kiss, but I assume that it is more likely to be in the nature of a very quick kiss on the cheek - there cannot be the risk of smudging make-up etc [TV cameras will be focused on the couple as they then walk down the aisle again etc]. Time in the Vestry is at a premium - in the case of The Duchess of York, her flower headband had to be removed quickly and her veil rearranged to reveal the tiara. With all that going on, there would not have been much time for more than a 'quick peck of a kiss'.

Once out of the Vestry, the first really important gesture that takes place is the First Curtesy, where the new Royal Bride makes her curtesy to the Queen.

As Zonk says, the first kiss the public see is On the Balcony. IIRC, Prince Charles seemed to hesitate for a brief moment, which I think was purely because he was not sure of the protocol of doing so; by the time the Yorks married, the balcony kiss of Sarah and Andrew seemed much more joyous and natural.

Alex
I am curious the see the name William will sign- it will prob be Mouttabean(sp?)-Windsor like his Dad, yes?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Courtier

William could technically just sign the Register as 'William' - In England, anyone can choose how they sign their signature. His full name and title will already be set out in Register that he and Catherine sign [as will her full name]

Hope this helps,

Alex
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist
William could technically just sign the Register as 'William' - In England, anyone can choose how they sign their signature. His full name and title will already be set out in Register that he and Catherine sign [as will her full name]

Hope this helps,

Alex
Ok- so will his name be set out as William M-W? Or Prince William of Wales? Or...something else? :)
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Regarding the kiss...

I would expect that any husband who wants to kiss his (new) wife, in church or not, doesn't need anyone's permission! What's the A of C going to do- say, "I now unpronounce you husband and wife" ? I go on the record predicting that W will kiss K.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

Ok- so will his name be set out as William M-W? Or Prince William of Wales? Or...something else? :)
Prince William Arthur Phillip Louis of Wales presumably. They may tag a title on if it's been given. Catherine Elizabeth Middleton will be above where Catherine signs I imagine.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I never said it was part of the ceremony, I said they kissed in the church. Which they did.
And I was just making clear that it isn´t a part of the ceremony, at least not in Denmark. I don´t know if it´s a part of the ceremony in the UK.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post

Prince William's surname is Windsor [not Mountbatten-Windsor]

My authority for this is the Queen, shortly after her accession, declared that the issue of her marriage and their descedants IN THE MALE LINE should bear the name of Windsor.

Hope this helps [it's my work, so I should know it!!]

Alex

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding