Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Nobility

BBC News - Royal wedding: Westminster Abbey 360 tour

spectacular !

Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
. . . . . . But regardless, PoW is definitely one of the people that I'll be "watching" during the ceremony. It will be his son' wedding and the fact that his mother won't be there must make a little more emotional. someway or another I'm sure we'll get to witness a sweet, or even bittersweet moment among them.
I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Did Charles not show any emotion during his boys Sandhurst Graduation, attaining their "Wings"? I seem to remember lots of smiles, grins, laughing and typical male backslapping.

Is Charles required to cry? Is any emotion shown at all only attributable to Diana's absence? More importantly how are we to know that the lopsided grin is not Charles remembering some half-baked teenage antic and measuring it against the "seriously adult" ceremony of marriage?

I am confused

Old 04-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

It would be fairly uncommon if Charles on raising his sons alone hadn't thought of Diana quite often as the boys have a lot of her. Plus he once fell for the young Lady Diana and the more time goes by, the more thebad things get forgetten but the good memories remain, thus I'm sure Harry is right when he said that not only the brothers but their father as well will think of Diana during the wedding.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quick update before I head off to bed in regards to coverage of the reception. Richard had told me a few months ago a meeting would be held to arrange media coverage and it seems like this is the result of that meeting. Richard says:
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@Kristinazzz9191 You'll get some coverage of the arrivals for the lunchtime reception but it's looking like nothing for the evening.
So that's the latest update. Not sure if they have any surprises in store for us though. So as he had told me originally in November photos will be taken at the quadrangle of the arrivals.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Royal Highness

Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton's dress rehearsal? - Telegraph

Royal wedding: stamp design fault tears royal couple apart - Telegraph

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton invites her first boyfriend - Telegraph

Royal wedding will hit growth this quarter, says Investec - Telegraph
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone bear another comment on the wedding cake?

The Wedding Planner: Ugh, fruitcake - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Royal Wedding: Keeping the Royal Family safe but seen

Royal Wedding: Keeping the Royal Family safe but seen
Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

I'll be able to watch this from the comfort of my newly renovated home
Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am hoping the Swedish Wedding will have put the BBC etc. on their mettle and we will get really good commentary from experts who know who's who.

And, with William an Kate taking a leaf out of the SRF wedding and busing in the guests I am hoping their wedding will be as romantic and loving as Victoria and Daniel's and that William goes for another break with tradition and kisses Kate . . . . . . in the Abby!

Ah well, dreams are free.
Can anyone tell me if english wedding ceremonies include the kiss the bride? Is it only the royals that don't kiss during the actual ceremony? what about the other royals?
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34
Can anyone tell me if english wedding ceremonies include the kiss the bride? Is it only the royals that don't kiss during the actual ceremony? what about the other royals?
Yes it is usually seen that the bride and groom kiss when they are officially married. Don't all ceremonies besides royal ones include a kiss? And Mary and Frederik kissed, if only lightly before they exited the church in 2004.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Administrator

In all the British Royal weddings that I have watched in my lifetime, I don't recall the couple kissing during the service. They might do it when they go back to sign the license (where no cameras are) but never in the church. That includes Charles/Diana, Sarah/Andrew, Sophie/Edward. We didnt see anything of the civil ceremony for Charles and Camilla and certainly not during the blessing service.

They usually do a quick kiss on the balcony.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

Marg , Kataryn and Sherlock221b
so, yesterday I made a post that seemed to be misinterpretered, and I apologize. Re-reading it today, now I understand why.

What I meant was that during the ceremony, besides the couple , obviously, POW was the one that I would most like to get glimpse of. Because it is his first son getting marriage and the fact that his mother will not be there and so on. When I used the term "watching" (I shouldn't have used the quote marks also, sorry) I didn't meant to as if I was going to patrol his every move and expressions. (it's not my 1st language, sorry again, that one got lost in translation).

I hope I have make myself clear. I didn't and don't doubt the affection the father has for his boys. That's why I brought it up :).
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Marg , Kataryn
so, yesterday I made a post that seemed to be misinterpretered, and I apologize.
There was no need to apologize - just part of the discussion, that was.
But thank you very much for your kindness!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Majesty

I second that. Your English is fine, better than many who call it their first language so keep on posting and asking those questions.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

I just happened to come across this article in people magazine. It's about the Emmanuels having a back up dress for Diana (never revealed before now). I must admit that I'm glad she wore the original version. I heard that Sarah had an emergency back up dress with a shorter train. Now I'm wondering if Kate has a back up dress too. Princess Diana's Spare Wedding Dress Revealed - Weddings, Kate Middleton, Prince William, Princess Diana, The British Royals : People.com
Old 04-04-2011, 05:39 PM

Although relatively few, we have now had some lovely greeting messages for Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton from each continent of the world, from Kathmandu, Nepal to St Kitts island to London, England. However, none yet from South America and wondered if there are any followers of the Royal Wedding from those countries who may like to be the first there to 'Send a Greeting'.
Thank you.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yes it is usually seen that the bride and groom kiss when they are officially married. Don't all ceremonies besides royal ones include a kiss? And Mary and Frederik kissed, if only lightly before they exited the church in 2004.
A kiss was not protocol in my CofE wedding.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Wedding Vs X Factor: Schoolchildren are more excited by reality TV | Mail Online
Is it true?I wonder then why people were far more excited 30 years ago when it was Prince Charles's and Diana's wedding
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Here in Denmark it does not stand anywhere in the "Book of Rituals" that the priest shall say "You must kiss the bride" to the groom.

So CP Frederik and CPss Mary did it after the book, so to speak
Old 04-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
The people at work think I am nuts for taking off a day without pay just to watch :) but it's worth it to me!
Indeed it is, that is history right there. I pulled an all nighter for Diana's funeral as well.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding