The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Mr. Remote here knows I am going to be glued to the TV and the internet for this wedding. Its gotten to the point now where he'll point out to me blips about the wedding on the news and has even programmed in wedding specials so that I won't miss them. Bless his little channel flipping heart! I don't know if he'll be watching the wedding with me but it would be nice.
that's sweet! my boyfriend saw them on a magazine and bought me one copy! but watch the wedding w/ me would be too much to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm still holding onto a small glimmer of hope that they might break with tradition and release one photo from the reception. I'm sure if anything we will eventually hear bits and pieces of what it was like. Plus with the twitter age it wouldn't surprise me if someone managed to get something from the reception. All previous Royal Wedding except Charles and Camilla's weren't in the advanced technology age we are now hence why nothing ever leaked out. Though Sarah did say no one remembered to bring a camera to the reception and with Diana's Lord Lichfield was SUPPOSED to be there but BP made him go develop the official photos while the wedding breakfast was happening so he missed it and spent his time at the lab. Something to do with he said they wanted them out in time for the 6 o'clock news. With Sophie and Edward though we did get one photo of them leaving their reception I believe I posted it in their wedding thread.
we can only hope! a few pictures of the family wouldn't be so bad. As long as they are aware and agree with it, why not?! specially if she changes dresses.
Yesterday I watch again some videos from Victoria and Daniel wedding and they do show way more than the BRF.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Exactly! I could live with no photos if she doesn't change dresses but if she does IMO it'd be a crime not to see any photos of it

Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How Royal bridesmaid Pippa Middleton kissed goodbye to all the secrecy over her dress designer | Mail Online

Well well well, by the way; I do love the fact that the wedding has its own thread.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

See that article just fueled my need to get as many pics as possible from this wedding!^
Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

the weird thing is how different are the styles of Alice Temperley and Bruce Oldfield? Perhaps Pippa herself will change dresses as well.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not even going to enjoy myself on my trip that day, I'm gonna be on the roller-coasters wondering about the balcony kiss and all the other stuff, this is borderline depressing, but I'll stay up till 6 am that night/morning! XD
Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How Royal bridesmaid Pippa Middleton kissed goodbye to all the secrecy over her dress designer | Mail Online

Well well well, by the way; I do love the fact that the wedding has its own thread.
If this article is true, I am surprised that Pippa is releasing this information. I would imagine that the designer will be ransacked by the press trying to find out the design of Pippa's dress since in most Royal weddings the design of the bridesmaid's dresses are fashioned after the design of the bride's dress. Therefore, this would confirm that Temperly is the designer of Kate's dress since no designer involved with this wedding is going to happily share his/her design with another designer in order to compliment the design of the bride's dress.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Returning back to the info about royal guests,I wonder if all British peers will be invited.
I do not know how many are they,but I guess if Duke of Northumberland ,Scottish dukes or such socialites as Sophie Hesketh have been invited
Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William’s stag party secrets revealed | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding
Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
If this article is true, I am surprised that Pippa is releasing this information. I would imagine that the designer will be ransacked by the press trying to find out the design of Pippa's dress since in most Royal weddings the design of the bridesmaid's dresses are fashioned after the design of the bride's dress. Therefore, this would confirm that Temperly is the designer of Kate's dress since no designer involved with this wedding is going to happily share his/her design with another designer in order to compliment the design of the bride's dress.
That's seems about right. And also would go with the description from that Huffington Post reporter Yvonne Yorke. After this , Alice Temperley appears to be the most obvious choice, which , if true, makes the fact that she agreed to make a wedding dress sketch for Kate really amusing. http://weddingbellsblog.com/wp-conte...ley-london.jpg
Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat

Did I not read the article right? Pippa didn't say/ release a thing- all she did was go to some designers show room which while probably about the wedding isn't necesarily so plus all it said about Bruce was that he was a fav of Dianas and possibly doing a dress for the MOB , I read nothing about sharing designs.... Maybe Pippa is wearing 2 dressed as well , one from each...... So far it seems like speculation still and IMO this article doesn't point to Alice Temperly being the wedding dress designer in any concrete way
Old 04-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Well, I wouldn't assume she is doing the bridal dress.

I remember there being a couple of pre wedding events (at least a dinner the night before) and who is to say that Pippa is not going to be changing her dress at all during the day? There is the wedding, the wedding breakfast and the reception? I would think that Kate would be in more than one dress as well.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Majesty

If, as is said, Kate is going to wear a different dress for the Bash hosted by the PoW, it's a no-brainier that Pippa would change as well.

I just don't see Pippa "throwing her sister's wedding designer to the dogs", I mean Kate and Pippa seem very close and that would definitely ruin their relationship. It's not just friends that would know the secrets but the whole world.

No Way is Temperly doing the wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses. That little secret seems to be locked inside the Palace, figuratively if not in literally.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

It has just occured to me that while today we speculate on her wedding dress, one day we may also be speculating on her coronation dress.....:)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It has just occured to me that while today we speculate on her wedding dress, one day we may also be speculating on her coronation dress.....:)
That is very true indeed. I didn't think about that until you mentioned it. I guess for the first time in my life I'm not looking too far ahead (of course we're talking about someone else's life, not mine, so it's a bit easier to not bother looking ahead).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Nobility

read her sister PIPA along with her mum had been @ Alice Temperly's shop in London..I do like the form fitting BM gowns..I still cannot fathom HRH -to be in a fru fru frock..
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
read her sister PIPA along with her mum had been @ Alice Temperly's shop in London..I do like the form fitting BM gowns..I still cannot fathom HRH -to be in a fru fru frock..
Now that would be a sight to behold (and I'm not saying that in a positive way either). However, I don't see Catherine as a type who would wear anything that is gaudy and over the top. She strikes as 'simple and elegant' kind of person.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Now that would be a sight to behold (and I'm not saying that in a positive way either). However, I don't see Catherine as a type who would wear anything that is gaudy and over the top. She strikes as 'simple and elegant' kind of person.
Kate has kept too much of a silence on this that the transition period into which the definite form of the wedding dress appears just might destabilize her image.Hopefully Kate will be lovely.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Kate has kept too much of a silence on this that the transition period into which the definite form of the wedding dress appears just might destabilize her image.Hopefully Kate will be lovely.
I hardly think that keeping the details of her wedding dress a total secret is going to do anything but fuel the the speculations of us all on what she might be wearing. The ONLY person that Kate is dressing for on her wedding day is William which is how it should be. I hardly think that Kate is overly worried about what we (or anyone else for that matter) thinks she should or should not be doing as far as her wedding details. She could wear a burlap sack and flip flops and carry dandelions but if that is what William finds her attractive in, that's what she'd do to please him. IMO I'm very very happy that the secrecy of the dress is locked up nice and tight.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
LOL! Thats a real winner Jaya. I love that she is keeping it an absolute secret. I can't wait to see her coming out of her car and seeing what she has come up with. Weather I like it or not won't matter because at the end of the day its her dress.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding