The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I hope he has sleepless nights because he's excited and not because he's not sure. I'm beginning to wonder about Will marrying out of duty.
Getting married out of a sense of duty is the last thing I pick up from either William or Kate. Like most couples coming down near to the date, they're both probably extremely stressed out and nervous about the whole thing.. especially a wedding of this magnitude. I really really doubt though that we will see Kate on upcoming episodes of Bridezilla though.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

If I was William, the one thing I would be nervous about is falling up the stairs going to the altar, since I'm a clumsy one. Actually I would also be nervous with the vows since both his parents messed up and the whole world watching and all.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Nobility

I have empathy for Pr. William. His life is in so many ways not his own, and all of the frenzy around this wedding must give him a moment's pause now and again. Let's face it, he has had more pressure on him to marry than just about any other public figure since his father was being pressured back in the 1970s, (and I was in and around the UK a good deal in those days and remember well all the carping from the press about Pr. Charles's marital state).

It does seem that William has a strong and supportive partner in Catherine, which he will certainly need, and they seem to the casual observer to have strong chemistry between them. But, unlike most others of his generation, it would be increasingly hard to "play the field" and he would have to endure so much speculation about everything he would do -- and with whom! So perhaps he gave into the pressure to marry sooner than he might otherwise have done. And that is just idle conjecture, I admit...

While he seems to genuinely love Kate, he had a lot of complex forces propelling him along that others don't have to deal with. So when he says he's had some sleepless nights, I can understand it. I don't think it means he has regrets, he merely has the weight of a lot of expectations on his shoulders, and he and Kate must enter into a new and more public phase (I assume) in the role she now joins with him in the monarchy. For all the admiration we all give him and the assumption we make of his privileged life, he has less freedom in many ways than anyone else!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12896255

Very interesting, IMHO...have a look
Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
BBC News - William and Kate: The story so far

Very interesting, IMHO...have a look
They noted William and Catherine's 21st birthdays in reverse order. Catherine turned 21 first, but on the timeline her birthday is noted after William's.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Nobility

I got the sense that William was half joking about not sleeping over the wedding. He's understandably nervous but also, as he said, really excited. I haven't met a groom yet who wasn't both.

Thankfully, the most nerve-wracking part of the day is over fairly quickly - the ceremony. Every single one of my friends (all I do these days is go to weddings) has said that as soon as the kiss is done and they turn to greet everyone as husband and wife, the wedding becomes really fun! Before that?
Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
I got the sense that William was half joking about not sleeping over the wedding. He's understandably nervous but also, as he said, really excited. I haven't met a groom yet who wasn't both.

Thankfully, the most nerve-wracking part of the day is over fairly quickly - the ceremony. Every single one of my friends (all I do these days is go to weddings) has said that as soon as the kiss is done and they turn to greet everyone as husband and wife, the wedding becomes really fun! Before that?
a little longer for them, then. He'll have to wait for the balcony to finally relax!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post

I agree about the joking part. Taking the comment he made when he was in Australia/NZ and stated that he was missing a whole week of wedding planning and the one about losing sleep, he's just as every other groom that is involved in all the planning of their day. Both him and Kate are nervous, excited, and want the day to be special for the two of them but I imagine that the details that come with this wedding are driving them bonkers.

I think the real relaxation for the both of them will be after the balcony when they can slip away for a while and relax before the party in the evening. Yeps.. I do imagine she'll need another dress.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree about the joking part. Taking the comment he made when he was in Australia/NZ and stated that he was missing a whole week of wedding planning and the one about losing sleep, he's just as every other groom that is involved in all the planning of their day. Both him and Kate are nervous, excited, and want the day to be special for the two of them but I imagine that the details that come with this wedding are driving them bonkers.

I think the real relaxation for the both of them will be after the balcony when they can slip away for a while and relax before the party in the evening. Yeps.. I do imagine she'll need another dress.
I predict that as well!
someone else is also wondering about Kate's wedding dress (or dresses) Cheryl Cole: I can't wait to see Kate Middleton's wedding dress | Celebrity News | Now Magazine
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
If I was William, the one thing I would be nervous about is falling up the stairs going to the altar, since I'm a clumsy one. Actually I would also be nervous with the vows since both his parents messed up and the whole world watching and all.
I could see my mom doing that. I'd be nervous too, heck if I ever get married its going to be very small and even then I'd probably still be a tad nervous. Yeah people are going to keep a good eye on his marriage thats for sure. I was quite disgusted that some guy said he felt they wouldn't make 10 years.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I called into work today and told them not to expect me on April 29th unless they want me to show up all puffy and overly emotional. I know I will be a complete and utter mess that day. But in a good way. I'll prob end up crying but it's all good they're happy tears! I'll be exhausted too.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

My parents want me to go on holiday on the 29th so I don't know where I'll be. However, on the news this morning it seems that William has 'ruffled' some feathers with his choice of not wearing a wedding ring. The news are talking to the British people about who wears a ring and who doesn't.

Basil the Mustique barman's Royal Wedding invitation: How Middletons are inviting 'new friends' from their Caribbean holiday island | Mail Online

This article says that Dave Clark is not invited, that I am surprised at.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Courtier

British Monarchy | Royal Insight
Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/fa....html?_r=1&hpw
There was an uptick in media requests, she said, when Prince William and Kate Middleton announced their engagement. Ms. Hicks wrote an essay for Harper’s Bazaar describing memories of being part of Charles and Diana’s wedding. After that piece was published, Ms. Hicks’s phone started to ring endlessly, she said, with pleas from television networks to help in their royal wedding coverage. With what she called “an unofficial nod” from the palace, she worked on two specials for TLC and agreed to be interviewed, along with her mother, by Barbara Walters. The week of the wedding, she will appear as a commentator for the British network ITV in the mornings and do several reports on ABC, commitments that have kept her off official guest lists.
Is anybody else getting sick of India Hicks' cashing in on her time spent as a bridesmaid to Diana? Because I am! I see no point in continuely rehashing C&D's wedding. W&C's wedding is going to be different - different venue, different dress, different cake, etc.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

Muslim Anjem Choudary warns Royal wedding terror attack is 'highly likely' | Mail Online

Hope nothing happens.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised they (the authorities) still haven't managed to pin this finatical buffoon for insighting terror.

There was an interview with this man on 60 minutes Australia a couple of weeks back. He, and the garbage he pronounces, is certainly a threat to society.

I'm most confident M16 and Scotland Yard are pursuing any information they have received which would be of interest. I'm sure all will be well.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/fa....html?_r=1&hpw
Is anybody else getting sick of India Hicks' cashing in on her time spent as a bridesmaid to Diana? Because I am! I see no point in continuely rehashing C&D's wedding. W&C's wedding is going to be different - different venue, different dress, different cake, etc.

That's easy for us to say, but if a major television network showed up waving an enormous checkbook, wouldn't it be hard not to rationalize that you are doing no harm in feeding interest in what is, after all, a historic event?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Let's be honest here, It all comes down to $$$$, lots of them. She is being offered an obscene amount of money and she is allowed her shot at fame. Although I have to admit, what on earth does she really know about anything except once upon a time she was one of Diana's wedding attendants.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Aristocracy

I was kind of looking forward to Sarah, Duchess of York being a commentator. Now she, would have some insight on how it is all done.... Oh well.
As for India Hicks..... Why the heck not? If I was asked, I would too.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

She's the daugher of Pamela Hicks. It's no wonder she's so caught up in her own personage

The Mountbatten's have always seemed to me more the tailcoat riding sort. Though quite familiar with court life for the better part of a century, I think perhaps they over estimate their historical worth (Note I do not include the Duke of Edinburgh being that he was formerly a member of the Royal House of Greece).

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding