The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Here is a nice little gallery of William and Kate getting married: Chok i London: Kate og William gift i dag! | www.bt.dk

QEII is there too. - Sort of. I hope William will find some better fitting trousers for the 28.

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I will be extremly surprised if the King attends, but him and Charles looked close in the recent pictures.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

You have to admit, the press loves an April Fool's joke!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's a lot of mean press lately concerning William's hair loss, with jokes, etc.

Some of the comments are interesting, with one young man who lost his hair at 17 mentioning how unhappy it made him because of the jokes and people laughing at him. He said he's sure William feels just as bad.

I was wondering if the jokes are mostly from other men?
I think men put much more importance on hair loss than women do.
It seems to me that most women don't truly care about whether a man is bald or not; his other traits are more important.

What does everyone think?
As I understand it, the loss of hair is thought to be a sign of virility in a man. So long as William doesn't start doing a comb-over, I'm not worried about his hair growing thinner.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The Queen Mother didn't wear the Strathmore Rose tiara on her wedding day. She wore a band of myrtle around her head with a York rose on each side.
That is absolutely correct and I've been thinking for ages what the wreath was made of - I originally thought it was orange blossom, but myrtle it is!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Here is a nice little gallery of William and Kate getting married: Chok i London: Kate og William gift i dag! | www.bt.dk

QEII is there too. - Sort of. I hope William will find some better fitting trousers for the 28.

Hope this is the right place to post this.
You have made my day! this is ridiculous and hilarious. what are they supposed to be promoting?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Finally some real news. nice article!
Royal wedding: Prince William reveals pre-wedding nerves | Mail Online

'We've spent a few pounds on Kate and William memorabilia and strategically secreted it around the place so he might open a locker and find stuff, or find his own face on a cushion or see his own face on a cup when you give him a cup of tea.'
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
You have made my day! this is ridiculous and hilarious. what are they supposed to be promoting?
One of the countless books about W&K.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
One of the countless book about W&K.
tnks. found this video which explain more
Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Administrator

I am literally speechless but in a good way :)

Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am literally speechless but in a good way :)
come on, Zonk, share your thoughts!

maybe this will help

Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Finally some real news. nice article!
Royal wedding: Prince William reveals pre-wedding nerves | Mail Online

'We've spent a few pounds on Kate and William memorabilia and strategically secreted it around the place so he might open a locker and find stuff, or find his own face on a cushion or see his own face on a cup when you give him a cup of tea.'
I hope he has sleepless nights because he's excited and not because he's not sure. I'm beginning to wonder about Will marrying out of duty.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator

I am speechless cause its a little funny (April 1st has been weird to say the least)...but this couple and those pictures posted by Muhler are so...how do I say this in a somewhat nice way...so very tacky!

But its all in good fun so that's why its in a good way.

CrownPrincess5: I think most people getting married have nerves but that doesn't mean that he isn't sure. I have never been married but from what I can see (on the outside looking in) its a big change. I have friends who have lived together before marrying and swear that its different.

Add in the royal aspect, the press and getting married on television...I would be nervous as well.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I hope he has sleepless nights because he's excited and not because he's not sure. I'm beginning to wonder about Will marrying out of duty.
Why? Does it amaze/surprise you that even William is nervous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am speechless cause its a little funny (April 1st has been weird to say the least)...but this couple and those pictures posted by Muhler are so...how do I say this in a somewhat nice way...so very tacky!

But its all in good fun so that's why its in a good way.

CrownPrincess5: I think most people getting married have nerves but that doesn't mean that he isn't sure. I have never been married but from what I can see (on the outside looking in) its a big change. I have friends who have lived together before marrying and swear that its different.

Add in the royal aspect, the press and getting married on television...I would be nervous as well.
I totally agree. Of course, William is used to the spotlights and everything, but getting married in front of a .... million audience both in London and in front of the television plus the change that getting married brings along can spark nerves. "Will it all go well? Will I repeat my vows in the correct order? Will I be able to put the ring on her finger?" I assume that questions like these are very normal and aside from being a royal, William is a human being just like us.
It doesn't have to mean that he is unsure and I don't believe that at all.

I would be wrecked with nerves and I am not very good in dealing with stress. I don't think I would make a proper royal bride
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

Why? Does it amaze/surprise you that even William is nervous?
When did I say I'm surprised he's nervous? What groom isn't nervous. I'm saying I hope his "sleepless nights" are because he's plain excited and not because he's unsure or scared. Getting married is an emotional time and even being unsure is something that happens to the best of men. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Kate but I think he's analyzing every little detail.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't know if you read or saw the video of Harry saying if not for media pressure they could have been married for 2 years. This has been address in the thread before, so I'll try not to repeat myself, but I see his nervousness more about the overall decision than having a cold feet. All marriages are important, but this one cares a bigger meaning to it. If he was marrying for duty, shouldn't he have done it sooner? besides, William seems to really not crave attention, you can notice from childhood videos up to now, so for someone like that to deal w/ the fact that a 1900 will be looking and paying attention at everything you do must be terrifying!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
When did I say I'm surprised he's nervous? What groom isn't nervous. I'm saying I hope his "sleepless nights" are because he's plain excited and not because he's unsure or scared. Getting married is an emotional time and even being unsure is something that happens to the best of men. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Kate but I think he's analyzing every little detail.
You didn't say that you are surprised he's nervous, it was my interpretation/translation from your "excited". My bad.

I assume that he is exactly what you state, excited. And of course, being unsure is what can happen to anyone but I don't believe that is the case with William at all. It never occurred to me so I was just surprised that the thought of the possibility did occur to you and especially your remark that you are beginning to wonder about William marrying out of duty.
I am not sure where that comes from, can you explain?

So do I understand correctly that you think he is over-analyzing?

I think I would do the same myself, it's what happens when one is a perfectionalist They do tend to think about every little thing (and can drive themselves crazy with it )
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't know if you read or saw the video of Harry saying if not for media pressure they could have been married for 2 years. This has been address in the thread before, so I'll try not to repeat myself, but I see his nervousness more about the overall decision than having a cold feet. All marriages are important, but this one cares a bigger meaning to it. If he was marrying for duty, shouldn't he have done it sooner? besides, William seems to really not crave attention, you can notice from childhood videos up to now, so for someone like that to deal w/ the fact that a 1900 will be looking and paying attention at everything you do must be terrifying!
I second your post, that is how I see it as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

He's getting married infront of the watching eye of millions. If that ain't daunting I don't know what is. Your every word and blink will be under scruntity, I'd be nervous too. Very nervous. I can imagine it doesn't feel very 'personal,' if you all know what I mean.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
come on, Zonk, share your thoughts!

maybe this will help

OMG! I love it!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding