The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

Okay, hopefully this image can be maximized. The blog doesn't say she didn't wear it - and people here have definitely said she did. I thought I could see it after it was pointed out to me in this picture (but my eyes aren't perfect).

Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

I really like the Strathmore rose, but I don't think we'll see it. It might pop up as a suitable tiara for one of the princesses, like Beatrice or Eugenie, when the time comes. Since William will be an heir/king to an entirely new generation, I'm beginning to think a brand new tiara for Catherine of Wales will show up.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Kind words from Harry:

Quote:
He said: 'A younger brother or younger sister would have been nicer, but to have a big sister is obviously very, very nice.
I've got to know Kate pretty well, but now that she's becoming part of the family, I'm really looking forward to getting her under my wing - or she'll be taking me under her wing probably. 'She's a fantastic girl. She really is. My brother's very lucky, and she's very lucky to have my brother. I think the two of them are a perfect match.'
It's a big deal,' Harry said. 'It's not just a normal wedding.'It's a really big decision for him to bring Kate into the family.
'It's obviously a huge amount of pressure for him, with the public perception and everything like that.'

Harry added: 'And I think he's done the right thing. He's waited, and he's done it when he feels right, and it's a huge step.
Read more: Royal Wedding: Diana would have been 'very, very proud', says Harry | Mail Online

Bah I like NEED info from this reception! bah I'd KILL to hear Harry's speech.

He also said this: Prince William’s 2yr wait to marry Kate Middleton | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

K I just watched the documentary Chasing The Royals and I liked it until the end. I HATED what they said about William and Kate's marriage. They said after some incident when some papz took photos of Kate, Wills told her to sue and she refused and he put off the engagement for months. The they said they witnessed the first bit of tension at the St. Andrews public appearance when William was in the car BEFORE her and the papz said I cringed and thought careful Kate don't forget who the real royal is who the real star is. She was LOVING the attention from the media they said and that he doesn't want her in London to make friends with the media so that's why he's staying in Wales after their marriage. And you should have seen my mouth it was wide open and like in my head I was going where do these people get these ideas from like honestly?!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

K I just watched the documentary Chasing The Royals and I liked it until the end. I HATED what they said about William and Kate's marriage. They said after some incident when some papz took photos of Kate, Wills told her to sue and she refused and he put off the engagement for months. The they said they witnessed the first bit of tension at the St. Andrews public appearance when William was in the car BEFORE her and the papz said I cringed and thought careful Kate don't forget who the real royal is who the real star is. She was LOVING the attention from the media they said and that he doesn't want her in London to make friends with the media so that's why he's staying in Wales after their marriage. And you should have seen my mouth it was wide open and like in my head I was going where do these people get these ideas from like honestly?!!!
LOL, what? I recall Kate saying in Wales that she has to hurry up because William is much faster than her. I think this comes from practice. Prince Charles is often waiting for Camilla too. She's chatty and friendly. NOT with the paps, of course, but with the people there to meet them.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
LOL, what? I recall Kate saying in Wales that she has to hurry up because William is much faster than her. I think this comes from practice. Prince Charles is often waiting for Camilla too. She's chatty and friendly. NOT with the paps, of course, but with the people there to meet them.
Exactly she was prob just chatty with the people but that paparazzi on the program claimed she was loving the spotlight and attention she was getting from the photographers that's why she was taking her time. I was like where do they find these people?! Honestly seems like they're getting worse as the years go by.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Aristocracy

By the by I'd be careful about any news you read today, it is 1st April & the UK press love a good April Fools & seeing if anyone believes it. They can be quite crafty with slipping in something ridiculous that you believe for a bit then realise how silly you've been! Lol!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post

Okay, hopefully this image can be maximized. The blog doesn't say she didn't wear it - and people here have definitely said she did. I thought I could see it after it was pointed out to me in this picture (but my eyes aren't perfect).
I found a larger copy and she doesn't seem to wear a tiara, just a wreath and flowers http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh9fslS6311qam1vf.jpg
Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton pictured eyeing up baby clothes | Mail Online

Is this really Catherine or a April Fools joke. It looks like the Hen party is a joke. Catherine's head put on another body in my opinion. Nice law suit.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Courtier

I had to look twice then I scrolled down a bit and relized it was not Kate who does the DM think they are fooling... I hope they retract this or I missed the part that said this was a look a like .... first clue no ring,second kate does not wear fake nails, thrid the look a like is (edit so as not to be rude) bigger.. then Kate. not a funny April fools...at all...

Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

I thought it was quite funny? They had me at first glance but then it got more unlikely after the pics became more silly.

Besides, don't be rude and call a girl who's body type is as normal as the next person's fat.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I thought it was quite funny? They had me at first glance but then it got more unlikely after the pics became more silly.

Besides, don't be rude and call a girl who's body type is as normal as the next person's fat.
sorry, then I'll edit..It was my opinion that the girl was bigger then Kate I don't know her so I did not see it as rude... May you keep your opinion...
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I had to look twice then I scrolled down a bit and relized it was not Kate who does the DM think they are fooling... I hope they retract this or I missed the part that said this was a look a like .... first clue no ring,second kate does not wear fake nails, thrid the look a like is to fat.. to be Kate. not a funny April fools...at all...

Thats the Daily Mail's April Fool's Day prank!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Courtier

yeah I got that much ... lol now but I must say they only had me for the first two pics... after that I was hold on ...
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

The Daily Mail had me for a moment.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

RE: NO Wedding Ring for William issue:

I went into a mad research about wedding rings on royal grooms and younger members of the aristocratic social set. It turns out that quite a number of grooms either don’t have one or don’t wear them. I’ve listed my findings in my blog, complete with links to pictures or videos, for those who care to find out….

Royal Wedding Updates: Ringless William Plus Revelations from Harry | British Royals
Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
I found a larger copy and she doesn't seem to wear a tiara, just a wreath and flowers http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh9fslS6311qam1vf.jpg
She is. It may look like a wreath, but it's in fact the Strathmore which she is wearing across her forehead over the veil in the style in the 20's.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Courtier

ok is this another April fools joke... I have to stay off the internet ..

Revealed: Kate Middleton's Kennedy Connection! | Society | Vanity Fair
Old 04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Recently there have been a lot of 'she's related' stories, from Kennedy to George Washington to Ellen DeGeneres.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen Mother didn't wear the Strathmore Rose tiara on her wedding day. She wore a band of myrtle around her head with a York rose on each side.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to this article (in the end of it) king Juan Carlos, queen Sofia, prince Felipe and princess Letizia will attend the wedding.
Spanish Crown Prince stirs Gibraltar controversy with Prince of Wales - Telegraph
I would be surprised if king Juan Carlos attends the wedding.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding