The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's big day recreated in Lego | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is the Top Trump in a Royal Wedding game of cards | Mail Online

Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Prince Harry: 'We thought William would not marry Kate'

Prince Harry has disclosed that Prince William's friends and family did not think he would ever marry Kate Middleton.

Prince Harry: 'We thought William would not marry Kate' - Telegraph
That's misleading. Here's the video: Exclusive: Prince Harry on Kate Middleton - ABC News

Harry didn't say he didn't think William would marry Kate. He just joked that they didn't think William would marry at all (in the way that siblings do). In fact, he told the reporter that William would have proposed 2 years ago without all the pressure. He waited out the media.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks so much jdcharlie for posting the video link of the interview with Harry. I was very impressed with Harry's relaxed and open manner which can only be down to the fact that the reporter did his job well and he developed a good rapport.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Thanks so much jdcharlie for posting the video link of the interview with Harry. I was very impressed with Harry's relaxed and open manner which can only be down to the fact that the reporter did his job well and he developed a good rapport.
The reporter was formerly an ABC news network anchor. Several years ago when he was reporting in Iraq he was seriously wounded by a roadside bomb. Later he started a foundation to help injured soldiers. So he shares a passion with Harry for the issue, which I'm sure helps.

Bob Woodruff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Royal Wedding: how to avoid it - Telegraph

Royal Wedding: how to avoid it

Desperate to avoid the royal wedding's dawn-to-dusk coverage? Sophie Campbell suggests a few places where you won’t hear the words 'Royal couple’.
Or invest in a Bose earphone headset and switch on your favorite music while closing your eyes. Far cheaper, though not inexpensive but the headset is able to filter all sounds from the environment you're in and let you float with the music... Personal recommendation from my husband who plans to do just that next to me while I'm going to watch the wedding, of course...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Prince William will not wear a wedding band per the couples wishes says Palace

People Mobile: Homepage

Apparently this is official- so I guess they are not worried... I know some plp were wondering if he would and others thought it wrong for men not too but now we have more info! :) yeah more info!
I think he should wear a wedding band. Sort of disappointed that he won't. I find it very strange when married men don't wear wedding bands. I think it shows lack of commitment...
Just my humble opinion...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Pish. Most royal husbands don't wear wedding bands, or if they do, they wear it behind their signet ring on the little finger. William doesn't have a signet ring. I think everyone will know he is a married man.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Pish. Most royal husbands don't wear wedding bands, or if they do, they wear it behind their signet ring on the little finger. William doesn't have a signet ring. I think everyone will know he is a married man.
Perhaps William is the type of man that doesn't really care to wear any jewelry. I don't think I've ever seen much on him other than a watch. Another thought that struck me while typing this is that perhaps William won't wear a wedding band but Kate is planning on giving him a special ring (signet) at the altar? That would be something unique.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Sure, unless the have been living under a rock for the six months...

Even so... I think married man should wear bands.
Aparently is an old custom not to wear one... I guess I'm modern then...
Old 03-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm a little surprised he will not be wearing a wedding ring as most married men do these days. I know that CP Frederik wears one (he lost the original when he went diving a few years ago but seemed to replace it quickly which I thought was sweet of him!). Still, it is William's choice and preference.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Royal wedding: Duchess of Cornwall's daughter Laura Lopes has wedding nerves - Telegraph

Royal wedding: Duchess of Cornwall's daughter Laura Lopes has wedding nerves

Laura Lopes is anxious about her daughter Eliza's role as one of the bridesmaids at Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.
Laura is right to be nervous, Eliza is so young, I myself wonder if she could get stage fright once she sees all those grown up around her. I assume the children will be walking hand in hand w/ another bridesmaid. perhaps they pair her up w/ someone older, just to make sure she makes to the aisle :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
That's misleading. Here's the video: Exclusive: Prince Harry on Kate Middleton - ABC News

Harry didn't say he didn't think William would marry Kate. He just joked that they didn't think William would marry at all (in the way that siblings do). In fact, he told the reporter that William would have proposed 2 years ago without all the pressure. He waited out the media.
Thank you jdcharlie, the video makes it clearer what he meant. That's one of the problem of being famous, people take your words and display them as they wish. The interview was more revealing that I was expecting, but sure enough when the reporter asked about the stag party, he gave a polite "I'm not going to talk about it".
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Theat bit of information about being married 2 years ago, I feel that we already knew it. Royal Reporters have always said William likes to do things his own way and that he was going to propose when he wanted to, it seems right that he waited 2 extra years just to show the media he is "in charge".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, I'm a little surprised he will not be wearing a wedding ring as most married men do these days. I know that CP Frederik wears one (he lost the original when he went diving a few years ago but seemed to replace it quickly which I thought was sweet of him!). Still, it is William's choice and preference.
Why wouldn't you wear a ring? the whole world will know you're married anyway! William, William, I'm not pleased about this.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
And when you're finished with your closets, my address is....

LOL

KittyAtlanta,
I have a cousin who lives in Bethlehem, GA, so perhaps I could do a dual clean-out of her closet and yours. Then we could have a huge yard sale and with the proceeds, go see the Royal Wedding in person. Perhaps that would get my zippadeedodah back for all things royal.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcra View Post
Even so... I think married man should wear bands.
Aparently is an old custom not to wear one... I guess I'm modern then...
Here in Germany, SAR-pilots don't wear jewelery at all. It's not done due to the job. A normal pilot just put the ring off his finger on going to work but then its not a problem to forget to put it on again. Its different with William: any time he would simply forget to put it on again the media will have a field day. Plus the ring is too precious to be left at the base so he would have to think about it and a safe placement all the time. So I think its better not to wear one from the beginning. I bet his grandmother is only too willing to give Catherine another piece of that Welsh gold to have one made to present to him after quitting the active service.

So I guess: practical reasons. Do not always think of negative reasons first. they are both in love - why should he treat her this way when all he has ever shown for her was respect and care and love?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just heard that Will won't be wearing a wedding ring and I don't understand why. I think that's silly and I think every newlywed should wear their wedding rings...actually every married man should have their ring on.

Did Charles not wear a wedding ring after he married Diana?? I'm wondering if this is a first for the royal family. I've never heard of something like this. And I would not be very happy about it if I was Kate.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Courtier

I found this recipe for the chocolate biscuit cake, Antiques And Teacups blog: Prince William's Family Recipe For Chocolate Biscuit Cake For the Wedding and Cake Plates.

It comes from Darren McGrady, former royal chef for HM and Diana. Don't know if this is the same recipe that McVities has sworn to keep secret. I will be making this cake as, well, I love chocolate.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Courtier

I really don't care whether William, or my future husband for that matter, wears a wedding ring. It's just a ring and doesn't mean anything if a man's heart isn't in it. Look at how many married men wear them and still cheat on their wives.

In his heart William loves Catherine and does not need a wedding ring to prove it to her or anyone else.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

With regards to William not wearing a wedding ring, I'm not surprised really, if he had a signet ring then maybe I'd expect him to follow his father & uncles in wearing a wedding ring under the signet on the little finger but since he doesn't have, or has never worn, a signet ring then I wasnt expecting him to wear a wedding ring. Also don't mind as I've never liked when guys wear rings on their little fingers, which appears to be the custom of royal men with their rings.

I don't think it means anything either, a ring does not make a marriage. And besides Prince Philip has never worn a wedding ring & his marriage appears to be doing ok
Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I just heard that Will won't be wearing a wedding ring and I don't understand why. I think that's silly and I think every newlywed should wear their wedding rings...actually every married man should have their ring on.

Did Charles not wear a wedding ring after he married Diana?? I'm wondering if this is a first for the royal family. I've never heard of something like this. And I would not be very happy about it if I was Kate.
Prince Philip has never worn a wedding ring. It's actually a relatively new custom for men to wear wedding rings, used to be unheard of.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Commoner

My husband and I have been married for 34 years (in June). He still has his wedding band but cannot wear it due to the nature of his work. Come on people, can't you see the wisdom in William not wearing a ring in his line of work? I have always believed a married man is married whether or not it shows on his hands. Besides who would miss this wedding???

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding