The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
How the royal kitchen is planning for the wedding-

People Mobile: Homepage
Has anyone from the board been invited or anyone know of anyone who is directly invited?
Prince Charles is keeping his reception a secret..... hope to see some major jewels out that night.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
How the royal kitchen is planning for the wedding-

People Mobile: Homepage
I'm a bit picky of an eater, I'm not sure I'd not go hungry from the sound of those canapes. I guess it's a good thing I'm not invited. It definitely is a massive under taking.

But they'll be in good company: A total of 60 people, from chefs to those opening car doors and pouring champagne, will be working at the palace on the big day.

The palace has also confirmed the rooms that will be used for the Queen's reception: The white drawing room, music room, blue drawing room, state dining room and the picture gallery, where the wedding cake will be displayed.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness

Dear Kate and bridal party ,
Pls do not forget to wear felt on the bottom of your shoes so that you do not slip down the carpet of Westminster Abbey. Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Commoner

This article has some neat information about the abbey

The Secrets of Westminster Abbey

I like the bit about the different tombs. Martin Luther King is actually a statue above the doors she will enter, among the 20th century martyrs. Or there is only a memorial to Churchill because he refused to be buried there, said no one walks over him. Or while Elizabeth I's tomb is tired and worn, Mary Queen of Scott's is opulent and she looks angelic. It likely has to do with James I, Elizabeth's successor, being Mary's son. I guess if you don't want your tomb to look bad, you shouldn't behead your successor's mother. A lot of great people, even Darwin and Newton, are buried there. I went on a tour, its incredible being in that church.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow they're using ALOT of rooms for the reception the Queen is hosting.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Wow they're using ALOT of rooms for the reception the Queen is hosting.
ghost_night554, a LOT indeed, but I can't even imagine a only "room" able to accommodate 600 people.

I know we have seen so many different dresses sketches, but take a look at these designs by former participants of Project Runaway. some had me seriously LMAO.

Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
ghost_night554, a LOT indeed, but I can't even imagine a only "room" able to accommodate 600 people.
Too true. I mean I can understand accommodating them for the actual meal but before that where do they put them all? No wonder they need so many rooms!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Nobility

Jimmy Kimmel just flat out asked Sharon Osbourne on his show if she was invited to the royal wedding and she said no. I think this was discussed here earlier....
Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Jesus Christ after seeing this I'm sure the reception will be beautiful. Go ahead bite me but I still stand by what I said I'd kill for photos.

Royal Wedding guests to sample best of British food in 19 splendid rooms | Mail Online

Also to the experts who know alot about BP, What rooms are these 2 screencaps from? As you can tell I know NOTHING about the interior of BP

http://oi54.tinypic.com/907wjp.jpg
Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
Oh, I'm disappointed. Could start a new fashion trend, edible bouquets.
That's not a far fetched idea. That way the bride and party could have something to munch on all day long. Here in the US we do have a popular trend of sending edible arrangements instead of flowers. I've seen a couple of them would absolutely love to get one.

All Arrangements Fruit Baskets, Gourmet Gift Baskets and Fruit bouquets by Edible Arrangements
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

Also to the experts who know alot about BP, What rooms are these 2 screencaps from? As you can tell I know NOTHING about the interior of BP

http://oi54.tinypic.com/907wjp.jpg
The State Dining Room is screencap 1 and the Ballroom, screencap 2.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton follows Prince William's example with quiet evening in for hen night - Telegraph

Kate Middleton follows Prince William's example with quiet evening in for hen night

Kate Middleton has followed the example of her fiancé, Prince William, by opting for a distinctly low-key hen night

Buckingham Palace chef gives a tantalising taste of his wedding canapés - Telegraph

Buckingham Palace chef gives a tantalising taste of his wedding canapés

For the 24 cooks working below stairs at Buckingham Palace, it is a royal wedding secret guarded just as closely as the design of Kate Middleton’s dress

Prince Harry knows that stag night strippers are just not sexy - Telegraph

Harry knows that stag night strippers are just not sexy
Far from a bacchanal of whooping yobbery, Prince William's stag do consisted of a blameless weekend at a friend's country estate in Norfolk, says Michael Deacon
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

It seems William is serious in leaving the wild bachelor days behind hin. As it seems that catherine and William thought all aspects of their future carefully through, I guess this was another point: the change from young prince to senior Royal and future king. Catherine, while obviously fun to be with, has a distinct understanding of the position of a Royal lady and how to convey this image gracefully in public and I doubt her husband will ever shame her by appearing wild and unreliable himself. A true officer, gentleman and nobleman.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
It seems William is serious in leaving the wild bachelor days behind hin. As it seems that catherine and William thought all aspects of their future carefully through, I guess this was another point: the change from young prince to senior Royal and future king. Catherine, while obviously fun to be with, has a distinct understanding of the position of a Royal lady and how to convey this image gracefully in public and I doubt her husband will ever shame her by appearing wild and unreliable himself. A true officer, gentleman and nobleman.
I wquld be inclined to agree with you. It certainly appears a fair amont of thought has gone into their future lives together, as well as the responsibilities their roles will bring. All of this forebodes well.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Commoner

Some of those are positively comical! I do like the designs of Nick Vereos and Shirin Askari though. Both very regal IMO
I'm crossing my fingers for something lacy rather than plain silk

One month today!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone think the bridesmaids will wear a color, or will it be white (cream, ivory, etc.) with just touches of color?
I am hoping for shades of blue!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I wquld be inclined to agree with you. It certainly appears a fair amont of thought has gone into their future lives together, as well as the responsibilities their roles will bring. All of this forebodes well.
I'm sure they will both still let their hair down so to speak & have fun with trusted friends etc but be a lot more discreet & private about it than in previous years. And I think that's right & fair for them to be able to do so. Everyone in my opinion, even Royalty, should be allowed to enjoy themselves & have a drink (if they wish) now & then without it being blown out of proportion, but obviously they also have to keep in mind, much more now, their image & how it reflects upon the Monarchy & the country as a whole. So I'm sure they will still get together with their friends & maybe have the odd party & have fun like everyone else does but I doubt they'll be going to the big popular clubs in London as much anymore, I think they'll be keeping all of that side of their lives behind closed doors a bit more & just generally when in public places be seen to be calmer, not so "wild" etc. Just the impression I get from them & their behaviour since the engagement.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Johanna View Post
Some of those are positively comical! I do like the designs of Nick Vereos and Shirin Askari though. Both very regal IMO
I'm crossing my fingers for something lacy rather than plain silk

One month today!
or perhaps something like this: Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com
(does he really think that's a beautiful and/or appropriate outfit for anything? yuk!)

so this is what a costume for "Carrie, The Opera" would look like, interesting.... Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I'm still trying to figure it out where would her arms be Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

At-least-I'm-wearing-a-tiara look
Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I guess he wants her to choose McQueen as well Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com
I can't pass the purple eye shadow

omg . come on? really? really? The Greeks would not approve! Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

she brings the extra o's in boooooring Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

. I can't .. even.. I assume he was the first one to listen Auf Wiedersehen from that season! Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

I would only choose this one to see QEII reaction Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

let's appreciated the collage, at least Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com

but apart from all of that, I did like designs by Carmen Webber , Ramon-Lawrence , Ivy Higa

My favorite would be this one Project Runway Designers' Wedding Dresses for Kate Middleton - William & Kate Official Site | myLifetime.com. Not too minimalist and one of the fews with sleeves
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Commoner

I'm not getting married until next year but I'm an avid wedding blog reader :)

Look what I found this morning on one of my faves: Royal Wedding Inspiration from MIMMO and NAZ Photography | Style Me Pretty : The Ultimate Wedding Blog

Personally I think the colours are too dark for an April weddding but overall I like it! Not for this wedding though.. I can see W&K sticking to a very neutral pallete- creams, ivories, maybe a touch of colour here and there but mainly very traditional and not too fussy

ETA- I adore the cake!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
I'm sure they will both still let their hair down so to speak & have fun with trusted friends etc but be a lot more discreet & private about it than in previous years. And I think that's right & fair for them to be able to do so. Everyone in my opinion, even Royalty, should be allowed to enjoy themselves & have a drink (if they wish) now & then without it being blown out of proportion, but obviously they also have to keep in mind, much more now, their image & how it reflects upon the Monarchy & the country as a whole. So I'm sure they will still get together with their friends & maybe have the odd party & have fun like everyone else does but I doubt they'll be going to the big popular clubs in London as much anymore, I think they'll be keeping all of that side of their lives behind closed doors a bit more & just generally when in public places be seen to be calmer, not so "wild" etc. Just the impression I get from them & their behaviour since the engagement.
With the single days behind them and perhaps settling down and starting a family, I would imagine they'd be more likely to have "house parties" with close friends and keep them totally private. With William in SAR for the next couple years, I can picture them having a few friends from the base over to have a bbq and play cards or whatnot. These two I think are determined to keep their private life to themselves and have the media focus on their public roles which is as it should be.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding