The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3901  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1
Help commemorate the Royal Wedding!

Hello everybody

I am a documentary and portrait photographer currently shooting a photo-story on the upcoming Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I am looking to take portraits of ardent followers of the Royal Family for my photo-story which has interest from magazines in Switzerland, Germany and Brazil.
As a Swiss living in England, I am fascinated at how significant a social and cultural event this wedding will be for Britain and the wider world and would love to commemorate the occasion with photographs of people planning to join in the celebration.
If you are interested in participating, or would like any more information, please contact me by email: claudia@singer-leisinger.com.
Many thanks,
Claudia Singer
__________________

  #3902  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I do think however as the world watches William and Catherine marry and gradually make their own mark in the world's view that they will be honored, respected and even loved for exactly who they are... themselves.
Osipi, I agree with the above paragraph extracted from your last post. However, I also believe that if the late PoW had NOT been William's mother, I believe this wedding would be a mere blip on the general radar; not on this forum, of course, which is an entirely different story.

-----------------------------------
Part of the article states "Camilla joined Kate and her parents, who are believed to be looking at moving into the Duchess's former home", the name of the farm I can't remember.

Since the article was simply a rehash of last month's news, this news caught my eye.

-----------------------------------------
As for where Diana would sit if she had been alive. Who knows? If she were alive, William might not be getting married. Who knows.
__________________

  #3903  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
Do we have any info on the events happening during the 3 day wedding celebration?
  #3904  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,362
Wondered if you thought it the royal family will have a private dinner the evening before the wedding, at BP or CH - just the BRF and the gathered European royals
  #3905  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: snowsville, Canada
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Wondered if you thought it the royal family will have a private dinner the evening before the wedding, at BP or CH - just the BRF and the gathered European royals
If it is said to be a three day event, I'd assume so. All we have heard is about the three events happening in one day. The ceremony, the some what smaller reception held by the queen and then the much smaller dance held by Prince Charles, all on the same day.
  #3906  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
This is probably a particularly dumb question but to those of you who were around for Diana and Charles' wedding or even Andrew and Fergie were press details announced ahead of time? Like for example how much coverage is allowed and so on. I know so far we know who has the rights for the footage inside the Abbey and we know a rival network is trying to get exclusive coverage of the balcony appearance but do we get like a press release explaining all that in due time or is it more like a slow and gradual process of details leaking out.
  #3907  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
I was around for C & D and A & S, but I was oblivious to anything from the run-up. So I can't help.
  #3908  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Osipi, I agree with the above paragraph extracted from your last post. However, I also believe that if the late PoW had NOT been William's mother, I believe this wedding would be a mere blip on the general radar; not on this forum, of course, which is an entirely different story.
I have to respectfully disagree with you here Kitty. The world loves a royal wedding and especially British ones. I'm tending to believe that this wedding would generate the same pandemonium no matter who William's mother happened to be. The only thing that would be missing is the comparisons with the late PoW.
  #3909  
Old 03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Without Diana, there was no reason for Americans especially, to really give two figs about the BRF. She was young, she was pretty, she was personable, she was the media's dream. Her and her children were what people fixated on, not other members of the family. So if William's mother had been some other woman, I don't think that Americans (or anyone else, really) would be interested in his marriage, unless they were royal watchers or otherwise interested in royalty. It would in essence, be viewed the same as a royal marriage from nearly every other royal house in Europe.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
  #3910  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Marie of The Sea's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands
Posts: 141
Looking back, rather far back, the wedding of Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip was widely celebrated and got loads of coverage in America. The British Royals were popular in America for several reasons, their visits to the White House and of course the marriage between American Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VII.

Diana did draw universal interest to the British Royals and at the time, a new era in Royal reporting was slowly but surely emerging, styled after glam celebrity reporting. It had had been initiated by Lord Snowdon's flambouyant choreography of Prince Charles' Prince of Wales investiture rites at Caernarfon Castle in 1964.

True that William is popular for being Diana's son and Grandson of HM, as well as son of his father but he has carved out his own niche on the world stage and has masses of fans who don't recall his mother because they are quite young. His demeanor when going about his tasks has endeared him to those who were there or watched the videos. He has a magnetism, a humility and a warmth that lead to devotion to his causes and admiration for his selfless career.
  #3911  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,328
I respectfully disagree.

Americans have always had a fascination for royalty. That goes back to Edward VIII, the tour made by the new King George VI and Queen Elizabeth after the Abdication, Queen Elizabeth II, the Prince of Wales and Diana. Always. Now it does waver time to time in regards to interest but the interest is always there. If that wasnt' the case, why would the American television networks cover the weddings of Edward/Sophie and Charles/Camilla.

Not to mention the press coverage. Yes, William being the son of Diana AND Charles is a biggie....but the American press is about the dollar. If Kate and William weren't sellers....they wouldn't keep putting them on the covers. There is a company that does a study of the popular magazines during the Year.....when People realizes for example that a certain subject is not a best seller...they are usually not on the cover anymore (i.e. Nicole Richie).

Now there is a certain segment of the American population that doesn't care and frankly probably wishes this wedding was over already, but I think that is the same for any country (England, Sweden during Victoria's wedding, the Netherlands, etc.). But that's the norm for any subject IMO.

And frankly talking about if anyone would care about this wedding if William wasn't Diana's son is a moot point. He is her son (and that of Charles as well).

But like everything, the level of interest is subjective.
__________________
.

  #3912  
Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
Glad to have served as the Devil's Advocate.
  #3913  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Without Diana, there was no reason for Americans especially, to really give two figs about the BRF. She was young, she was pretty, she was personable, she was the media's dream. Her and her children were what people fixated on, not other members of the family. So if William's mother had been some other woman, I don't think that Americans (or anyone else, really) would be interested in his marriage, unless they were royal watchers or otherwise interested in royalty. It would in essence, be viewed the same as a royal marriage from nearly every other royal house in Europe.
Well I have to say this is th frist time in a long time that I don't agree with you..although I respect your opinion. the Prince of Wales at the time was a very popular single man, and eveyone wanted to know who he would marry... if he had picked Jane Smith, she would have created just as much media attention IMO... Even with out Diana Charles in his day was not like any other royal and his marrage no matter to whom it was with would have been on the same level..they would have made whom ever he married just as popular..

Also I have to agree with Zonk, The Duchess of Windsor was an earlier look into the BRF for alot of people over on this side of the pound.. she was the frist woman on the cover of Time magazine.... and soo on. I was taken with the history of Henry VIII and his six wives before I got into the later royals
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
  #3914  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
I'm a little shocked at some of the statements coming out here and feel abit saddened at the thought that with the exception of William, Harry and their dead mother, Americans wouldn't give a care for the British royal family.

Oh well, are we ever going to discuss floral decorations for Westminster Abbey?!
__________________
JACK
  #3915  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: snowsville, Canada
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Americans have always had a fascination for royalty. That goes back to Edward VIII, the tour made by the new King George VI and Queen Elizabeth after the Abdication, Queen Elizabeth II, the Prince of Wales and Diana. Always. Now it does waver time to time in regards to interest but the interest is always there. If that wasnt' the case, why would the American television networks cover the weddings of Edward/Sophie and Charles/Camilla.

Not to mention the press coverage. Yes, William being the son of Diana AND Charles is a biggie....but the American press is about the dollar. If Kate and William weren't sellers....they wouldn't keep putting them on the covers. There is a company that does a study of the popular magazines during the Year.....when People realizes for example that a certain subject is not a best seller...they are usually not on the cover anymore (i.e. Nicole Richie).

Now there is a certain segment of the American population that doesn't care and frankly probably wishes this wedding was over already, but I think that is the same for any country (England, Sweden during Victoria's wedding, the Netherlands, etc.). But that's the norm for any subject IMO.

And frankly talking about if anyone would care about this wedding if William wasn't Diana's son is a moot point. He is her son (and that of Charles as well).

But like everything, the level of interest is subjective.
But why are they big money? Because he is Princess Diana's son. Because we all watched him growing up with his mum. Because we all watched as he and Harry walked behind her coffin on the way to the funeral, and saw the card with the word mummy written on it, so unroyal like, on her coffin. Americans have liked the scandal, the events that make the royals looks less prim and proper. Yes they show out for when royals are on state visits, to see the parade or such. But they tune in for the affairs, and the scandals, and all the drama. It is like a soap opera or a celebrity. The coverage for Sophie/Edward was not very big at all in North America. And Charles and Camilla is again Diana. Camilla is the villinous pug who stole prince charming away from the princess of hearts, or so the media made her out to be. Another scandal, which was played off, to boost ratings.

Diana made the royal family accessible. We watched her go to hospitals and play with children, and go to Disney land with her sons. The people didn't think her some formal prim and proper princess who just waves and looks pretty. She felt approachable, and like we could relate some how. And that has passed on to her sons. It is why so many people, even those who usually never care a damn about royal events and some might not even be able to name another monarchy out there, will tune in.
  #3916  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
How about wedding rings? Any thoughts on whether William will wear a wedding ring?
__________________
JACK
  #3917  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: snowsville, Canada
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm a little shocked at some of the statements coming out here and feel abit saddened at the thought that with the exception of William, Harry and their dead mother, Americans wouldn't give a care for the British royal family.

Oh well, are we ever going to discuss floral decorations for Westminster Abbey?!
I'm sorry but why should they? Americans are not commonwealth citizens, they have no link to the royal family, since their war for independence. Some likely could not name anyone but the queen, they have trouble naming our prime minister and we live north of them. To a lot of Americans, not all Americans as there are obviously a number on this site, royalty are just celebrities nothing else.
  #3918  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: snowsville, Canada
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
How about wedding rings? Any thoughts on whether William will wear a wedding ring?
Why wouldn't he wear a wedding ring? Men wear wedding rings, they are in fact part of a wedding ceremony. There was the whole article about how they were looking to use fair trade gold, instead of the traditional gold the royal family normally uses for their bands.
  #3919  
Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post
Why wouldn't he wear a wedding ring? Men wear wedding rings, they are in fact part of a wedding ceremony. There was the whole article about how they were looking to use fair trade gold, instead of the traditional gold the royal family normally uses for their bands.
I didn't see that article. I'd be impressed if they used fairtade gold. Maybe a mix of fairtrade and Welsh gold would be nice.
__________________
JACK
  #3920  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian

Why wouldn't he wear a wedding ring?
I know some men who don't wear a wedding ring purely because they know people know they 're married and don't want to wear the ring- wedding rings while encouraged are not manadatory becauses a ring is not s marriage .... I personally believe plp should as a sign of respect to their spouse if nothing else wear their rings but some plp don't....I am sure William will ....
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit british baby names catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania evening dresses replica royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises