The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Date: Any Saturday in June (June 18, 2011)
King Juan Carlos ?
June 18th is the final day of Royal Ascot.
King Juan Carlos, hasn't attended any recent european weddings, except his own childrens I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I predict CP Victoria will attend. After all, don't William and Victoria have a Greek prince as their godchild?

In that case, then CP Frederik and CP Felipe should go too.
Sharing a godchild, means they will attend each others wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Since we can rule out Carl-Philip attending if he cant bring Sofia along(he didnt go to a friends wedding because she couldnt go along) After all, this event will be the target of extremists that want to hurt the UK

Music: Elton John
There is a majoy difference between the wedding of a prince, and the wedding of a friend?
Who says this event will be targeted by extremists?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton family feud means some relatives won't get Royal wedding invites | Mail Online

Prince William and Kate Middleton engagement: Cameron promises bank holiday | Mail Online

Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate visits her parents:

Kate Middleton family feud means some relatives won't get Royal wedding invites | Mail Online
Old 11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I predict CP Victoria will attend. After all, don't William and Victoria have a Greek prince as their godchild?

In that case, then CP Frederik and CP Felipe should go too.

As William didn't go to Victoria's wedding having a godchild in common doesn't mean that they will attend each other's weddings.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

And so backlash has started
'I give them seven years,' says bishop: Fury at leading churchman¿s slur on Royal couple | Mail Online

A nice candid look at what happened behind the scenes of the engagement interview with ITN
Prince William and Kate Middleton: A vivid behind-the-scenes account of THAT interview, by the Prince's favourite TV man (including his embarrassing gaffe) | Mail Online
Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Maybe the wedding in April?

Royal wedding pencilled in for April - Telegraph

Another article about Kate's visit to her family

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22726644/

If I haven't seen wrong, Kate wears the beautiful engagement ring
Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The end of April sounds perfect for this wedding to me. What I'm really liking is the reports coming through that the couple wish to have more of the ordinary people invited to this wedding rather than restricting the guest list to, as one report put it, the good and the great. I think we're going to see a wedding that will be a celebration for all of us to be happy about.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As William didn't go to Victoria's wedding having a godchild in common doesn't mean that they will attend each other's weddings.
I believe the British Royal family has been traditionally, closer to the Spanish, Greek and Danish Royal families... partly because they are related to one another.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
I believe the British Royal family has been traditionally, closer to the Spanish, Greek and Danish Royal families... partly because they are related to one another.

They're related to the Swedish Royal Family as well. Princess Margaret of Connaught, Queen Victoria's granddaughter, married into the Swedish royal family and gave birth to the current Swedish king's father.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post

The British Royal Family is related to all the Scandinavian Royals along with the Belgians through common descent from Queen Victoria, King Christian and even further back the Saxe-Coburgs.

The Norwegians are about 60th or so in line of succession to the British throne and are thus the most closely related due to common descent from Edward VII.

The Greeks and Spanish relationship comes through Philip while those above relate specifically to the Queen.

They are closest to the Greeks because the Greeks live in London due to be kicked out of Greece. As the King of Spain married a Greek princess they know them well. However the King of Greece married the sister of the Queen of Denmark so there is still a family connection there.

Then you have Philip's aunt being the step-mother of the Swedish family. She was Queen Louise of Sweden.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Do you think William will be obliged to put his royal God children in the wedding? It seems the British royals only use children of family or close friends.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Majesty

I hope the wedding is in April or May....the weather is kind of nasty and unpredictable in March!

But I looove Westminster Abbey!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to see Kate in a dress like Ivanka Trump's. Such a classic dress.

http://chuvachienes.com/wp-content/u...ing-photos.jpg
Old 11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I'd love to see Kate in a dress like Ivanka Trump's. Such a classic dress.

http://chuvachienes.com/wp-content/u...ing-photos.jpg

I agree -- her dress was absolutely gorgeous.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
Do you think William will be obliged to put his royal God children in the wedding? It seems the British royals only use children of family or close friends.

No - he will only have to have one or two supporters on his side and Kate can have as many or as few attendents as she wishes. She might just have her sister or might go the whole hog and have some friends and one or more of William's cousins.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate would probably have her sister and Beatrice and Eugenie as her supporters, I'm guessing.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Greeks and Spanish relationship comes through Philip while those above relate specifically to the Queen.
The Spanish royal family is also related trough the Queen. While Queen Elizabeth II is a direct descendant of Edwad VII, King Juan Carlos in the great-grandson of Beatrice, Queen Victoria's youngest child.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Kate would probably have her sister and Beatrice and Eugenie as her supporters, I'm guessing.

I think Zara is more likely to be considered rather than Beatrice or Eugenie due to closeness in age and closeness to William. I get the feeling that the Yorks are rather on the outer looking in with the other cousins but I am probably totally wrong. I just don't remember seeing the girls with the other royal cousins all that often, even when at the same events they don't seem to be seen with them.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince William: Even the Queen's left in the dark! Frustration as the Prince takes charge - and his grandmother 'hasn't a clue what's going on' | Mail Online

The decision by Prince William to oversee every last detail of his wedding has caused friction and complicated the preparations, sources claimed last night.

They said William has insisted his four-strong team of aides take charge – and has kept Buckingham Palace, which would normally play a key role, ‘largely in the dark’.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Who knows if this is true or not, but if it is....good for him for taking control and making it what he and Kate want. He many have Royal blood. but he also has his mother's blood in him. Let's just hope he, Kate and his team can work with the BP team to pull it together.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding