Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Processional Music for tomorrow

KittyAtlanta: Many British weddings, especially formal ones, use a hymn setting as a processional that has both congregational and choral verses. I always have loved the idea, as it gives the congregation involvement. For my own daughter's wedding (a pretty "high church" wedding), we used John Rutter's arrangement of Now Thank We All Our God for choir/congregation/brass ensemble and organ for the recessional. It was very uplifting, exciting and beautiful. I know you will change your mind when you hear this arrangement of I Was Glad, as it is very beautiful and meaningful and there will be choral descants along with the congregation singing making it quite thrilling!!!

I got mine printed out and all ready to go for tonight!

Love the picture too! Mario Testino did them justice!!

Lucky! Did you print from an itunes download or from the other site? I tried to print but it's just showing up black squares.

Kate arriving at the hotel.

Royal Wedding order of service reveals Kate Middleton WON'T 'obey' Prince William | Mail Online

ETA: Thanks for the pdf, wbenson! I'm finally able to print it.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20485440,00.html

Last edited:
soapstar said:
Lucky! Did you print from an itunes download or from the other site? I tried to print but it's just showing up black squares.

Kate arriving at the hotel.

Royal Wedding order of service reveals Kate Middleton WON'T 'obey' Prince William | Mail Online

ETA: Thanks for the pdf, wbenson! I'm finally able to print it.

I printed it from the PDF file you can get. Ran to Staples first thing this morning to get some nice paper and now I have my very own program to follow along with!!

I've downloaded the Order of Service and have put the link on my Facebook page (Renata Edge).

The choice of music surpasses my expectations - all my favourite pieces.

KittyAtlanta: Many British weddings, especially formal ones, use a hymn setting as a processional that has both congregational and choral verses. I always have loved the idea, as it gives the congregation involvement. For my own daughter's wedding (a pretty "high church" wedding), we used John Rutter's arrangement of Now Thank We All Our God for choir/congregation/brass ensemble and organ for the recessional. It was very uplifting, exciting and beautiful. I know you will change your mind when you hear this arrangement of I Was Glad, as it is very beautiful and meaningful and there will be choral descants along with the congregation singing making it quite thrilling!!!

Thank you for the information. I was married at St. Mary's (11th century), Tutbury, Staffordshire, England. I am also a member of the Royal College of Church Musicians, a lifelong choral singer and soloist. I know a tad about these things.

The description of your daughter's wedding is lovely.

I said before that I would wait until I could see some pictures of what the trees in the Abbey looked like before I'd pass final judgment.....and I have to say they look great! I love the look of it -- very dreamy.

I think the trees look absolutely amazing in the Abbey too. It really does soften up the austerity of the abbey without in any way detracting from the grandeur of this historic venue. William and Kate have definitely put their mark on every aspect of this wedding and I do think we've quite a few "wows" ahead of us.

That's absolutely beautiful--almost like being in a dream, where you have that flavor of almost incoherent placement of trees inside a church/cathedral building, and yet it just seems to work very well, at least from that one picture. :flowers:

I copied the programme into my bookmarks and I shall follow along bleary eyed!

I wonder how many of the male guests will be wearing military uniforms?

We know William and Harry will, and I imagine Prince Charles and Prince Andrew also?

Then there's Princess Anne's husband, he probably will.
Who else?

I wonder how many of the male guests will be wearing military uniforms?

We know William and Harry will, and I imagine Prince Charles and Prince Andrew also?

Then there's Princess Anne's husband, he probably will.
Who else?

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew will more than likely be wearing morning dress, like all the other male guests.

Prince William to wear famous British army redcoat

Prince William has made a surprise choice of a military uniform for his wedding on Friday, opting for the world-famous scarlet colours of the British army.

Prince Harry, William's younger brother and best man, is a newly promoted captain in the Household Cavalry's Blues and Royals regiment and will wear the uniform of his new rank.

Their father Prince Charles will wear his Royal Navy admiral's uniform, complete with a sword.

I just hope both will be able to sleep a little this night before their great day.

That's surprising -- I'd think Charles would wear morning dress. Hmm.

Hi again, KittyAtlanta: Then you know that until twenty or so years ago, instrumental only processionals were not so common in high church weddings in the U.K. In America, instrumental processional/recessionals seem to me more common, I think due in part to the fact that it's getting hard to find more than a few high caliber church choirs in the U.S. like those that are (even still) fairly common throughout the U.K. And I suppose that, outside of the more traditional Anglican churches, few people in the U.S. have experienced sung processionals. Sorry I assumed you did not know the I Was Glad, since with your background, I'm sure you do. I just adore that whole "grand sung processional thing." I'm also looking forward to the new John Rutter piece. Look forward to exchanging thoughts and reactions with you!

I agree. The trees look amazing. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

I'm glad that William got a chance to go out and greet some of the crowd.

I was hoping we'd see William in the Irish Guards RED uniform. Be still my heart!

I also read that the Prince of Asturias will be in his uniform, so perhaps some of the other royals will be as well.

So far, it looks like there won't be any ugly canopy up over the entrance to the Abbey. (I've been having visions of that hideous white tent-like monstrosity that went up at Andrew and Sarah's wedding in 1986 ever since they announced Westminster Abbey as the venue.)

I suppose there's still half a day left to put one up, though.

So far, it looks like there won't be any ugly canopy up over the entrance to the Abbey. (I've been having visions of that hideous white tent-like monstrosity that went up at Andrew and Sarah's wedding in 1986 ever since they announced Westminster Abbey as the venue.)

But with rain it would be difficult for Kate to come in the Abbey as they can not drive direct before the West Door because of the gates before it.

I'm guessing the Duke of Edinburgh will also be in uniform! LOVE all the uniforms! If we can't have tiaras, at least we'll have uniforms and sashes -- and at least three Garter Stars! FABULOUS!

That might be weather dependent.

I'm liking William's uniform. :) At least it did look good on Mark Phillips when he married Princess Anne, cannot be worse on William. Call me crazy but I'm just a little bit disappointed Prince William won't have the beard and mustache he had earlier on since he looked better that way.

I love the trees! For some reason it reminds me of the French court during Louis XIV and Louis XV. It is just the sort of romantic thing that could have been done in their times.

Now let's just hope Catherine's dress will be as beautiful as Princess Anne's was, or better yet - more beautiful! And I'm still hoping for a tiara on her.

As for weather, slight drops of rain would be permitted during the church ceremony maybe but I hope the couple will be able to ride on an open carriage so not too much rain and thunderstorms please!

That's surprising -- I'd think Charles would wear morning dress. Hmm.

I too am surprised- I also thought he would be in morning dress. The royal men all in military uniforms adds a level of formality to the wedding, don't you think?

And I'm agree with your statement about the decor- the trees and flowers we have seen so far look just beautiful. It is going to be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom