The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Concering the royal guests.

Until now we know that will be present:
Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik
King Harald V & Queen Sonja
Sheikha Mozah of Qatar
King Konstantinos II & Queen Anna-Maria of the Hellenes
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel of Sweden
Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Crown Prince Aleksandar & Crown Princess Katarina of Serbia
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece

Or am I missing someone?
Princess Jelizaveta of Serbia
Is it confirmed that Crown Prince Pavlos will attend the wedding? What about his wife Crown Princess Marie-Chantal?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO, Sarah Buys' gown was the dregs of Burton designs and very ill-fitting. It was not attractive or flattering at all. She looked like the "sack of potatoes" wearing it. I'm pretty open minded, but whoever fitted her gown was either a rank amateur or drunk.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Via royalreporter Twitter-

Sources close to Welsh Guards band say they have been picked to play a fanfare when William and Kate emerge onto palace balcony.

And.....

Daily Express exclusive today: Prince William and Kate Middleton told to invite Gibraltar's chief minister to wedding after diplomatic row.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
Thank you Dymphna! I would definitely like something like that, it would be unexpected, and would have the wow factor, as well as being quite ethereal. Especially if she wore her hair back from her face a little, up, perhaps, or flowing long while letting some of the natural curl I hear Kate has in her hair show. Plus I really hope someone softens her makeup for the wedding day.
I second letting the curls show! That and the type of dress you favor would certainly be a departure for Kate and highlight the formality and "princess-ness" of the occasion.

Edited to add: Personally, I think the bone-straight hair that has been in style is getting tiresome. We are due for some femininity.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

I am going to reiterate that Miss Buys needed an entirely different undergarment before she was fitted. A good designer will plan for all that, although women vary considerably in their willingness to follow advice (I would hate being a wedding dress designer). The design of the Buys dress, though, meant that unless it was fitted differently and foundation garments were well chosen yes, she looked like a sack of potatoes.

Glad to hear about the fanfare - nice touch.

When I first read that about the Gilbraltar minister, and I thought of the other kind of minister (the kind that married John and Yoko at Gibraltar). Wonder what it feels like to get a late invitation...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Commoner

With the royal wedding only a little more than a month away, the commemorative items have reached a new frenzy. My friend in London found this online:

http://www.guandongenterprisesltd.com/

It's a William and Kate's 2011 wedding commemorative cup. But can you find a VERY noticeable mistake in it? This product just made me laugh.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
IMO, Sarah Buys' gown was the dregs of Burton designs and very ill-fitting. It was not attractive or flattering at all. She looked like the "sack of potatoes" wearing it. I'm pretty open minded, but whoever fitted her gown was either a rank amateur or drunk.
I completely agree. I thought the same thing when I saw it.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurenai View Post
With the royal wedding only a little more than a month away, the commemorative items have reached a new frenzy. My friend in London found this online:

It's a William and Kate's 2011 wedding commemorative cup. But can you find a VERY noticeable mistake in it? This product just made me laugh.
OMG! What dimwit made these?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Hysterical!

Does anyone employ fact checkers anymore? Or are they the first to go when layoffs are announced?

Old 03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone think it possible that Kate will wear a dress that is NOT white or some shade of ivory?

White is a fairly recent trend for weddings, so it would be possible.
(I don't think it is likely).

However, I remember the first wife of Earl Spencer chose gold; I thought it was really unique.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurenai

Hilarious!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Majesty

Oh my!

Was the creator of this item even paying attention to the images s/he was using? I'm thoroughly amused.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Administrator

I am thinking that someone either lost their job over that mistake (depending on the quanity of the item) or had a very uncomfortable discussion. Although it might be worth something because of the error.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Does anyone think it possible that Kate will wear a dress that is NOT white or some shade of ivory?

White is a fairly recent trend for weddings, so it would be possible.
(I don't think it is likely).

However, I remember the first wife of Earl Spencer chose gold; I thought it was really unique.
Queen Victoria is reported to have worn the first ever white wedding gown in 1840...that's 171 years ago, so it depends on your definition of "fairly recent."

I believe she will wear white of some hue. I don't think we'll see a pale blue, pink, yellow, green...all of which were popular when I married in 1970. This was when second and third weddings were becoming "Normal" and the bride wanted to have a(nother) big church wedding, where white (of any hue) would have been considered gauche.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Knowing his sense of humor, can you imagine the LAUGHS Harry is getting from this?? Kate too, for that matter!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Knowing his sense of humor, can you imagine the LAUGHS Harry is getting from this?? Kate too, for that matter!
I can't stop laughing, myself!!! I just ordered one for my friend, who is a rabid Royalist. Thanks for passing the information along.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

If my paycheck was in pounds I would considerate buy one for myself. This will become a true collector's item.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Nobility

OMG...

Without the names being displayed you can pick up on it quickly..

What a huge difference!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Commoner

I was thinking it might be a fun wedding gift to the royal couple. Years from now they'll look back at it and still find something to laugh about. Anyone know which address I can send this memorable gift to?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I have to admit that is hilarious, if I was in the UK I'd buy one. I can't believe they could make such a mistake.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding