Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trees - inside the church. I thought the idea was to scale things back and to be more sensitive to the economy, etc. Trees indoors seem rather extravagant. I like the idea of the flowers coming from the Queen's estates though, and using what's in season. That's very economical. And I think the floral color scheme (or lack there of, seeing as it's all whites) is going to be very pretty. The trees inside the church seem over the top.

:previous:Thank you for your input, as well. Perhaps input isn't the right word either...

You're welcome, and while we're on the subject of being thankful, thank you for your apparent condescension. All I did was clarify something someone else said to you, because it seemed to me you inferred something they did not imply. There was no need to say what you did to me.

Does anyone know more about the gala tomorrow night at Buckingham Palace?

Does anyone know more about the gala tomorrow night at Buckingham Palace?

I don't know if I'd call it a gala, per se. It's a dinner for the visiting foreign royals, but the bridal couple and the parents of said couple won't be there, neither will anyone else in the bridal party. It's not like pre-wedding galas that we've seen on the continent.

Trees - inside the church. I thought the idea was to scale things back and to be more sensitive to the economy, etc. Trees indoors seem rather extravagant. I like the idea of the flowers coming from the Queen's estates though, and using what's in season. That's very economical. And I think the floral color scheme (or lack there of, seeing as it's all whites) is going to be very pretty. The trees inside the church seem over the top.

Well there was some mention of them being planted at Highgrove afterwards as a remembrance of the day.. kinda sweet.

Last edited:
I love the idea of having trees inside the Abbey.I can't wait to see how they are are going to be placed.

:previous:Thank you for your input, as well. Perhaps input isn't the right word either...

I find that your post simply comes across as presumptious and having a slight tone of superiority - as if you have decided beforehand that you won't like the trees, that nothing will change your opinion and how dare people try to make you look at it from other angles...

You're welcome, and while we're on the subject of being thankful, thank you for your apparent condescension. All I did was clarify something someone else said to you, because it seemed to me you inferred something they did not imply. There was no need to say what you did to me.

I agree. There was no need for.

at the swedish royal wedding there were 2 crown at the alter will we see something like that in williams and kates wedding?

seen here

I love the idea of having trees inside the Abbey.I can't wait to see how they are are going to be placed.

I totally agree. It surprised me at first, but I'll bet it will look great! It's something different so....... I am all for different when it comes to weddings. I'm sure there will be plenty of flowers too. I just hope there is some color in there somewhere. To me, there is nothing more boring than all white weddings or white and cream.... I like color. However, it isn't my big day, so I say, let her have what ever she wants as long as the dress is awesome :D

at the swedish royal wedding there were 2 crown at the alter will we see something like that in williams and kates wedding?

seen here

No, because for one the BRF and the SRF do weddings differently and have different traditions and two, William isn't the heir to the throne, even if they did do something like that.

speaking of tea towels............ Do Royals give out wedding favors to their guests? I saw on ebay several years ago silver wine goblets that were supposed to be favors from Princess Anne's and Mark Phillips wedding.... Any word on Will & Kate's wedding favors?

yes i do understand it is different traditions
i just thought maybe they did something like in sweden becouse they use their crowns even more then the swedish court, but that it what i thiught
but thank you for the respons

This is getting exciting. My husband is ready to commit Hari Kari. :ROFLMAO:
Trees in the Abbey. Hmm. I have a good feeling that this is going to look beautiful, to give the place a less "funeral" feel to it.

Kate and William are at Westminster Abbey going through final rehearsal. The DM has a few photos of them in the car.

There are quite a few people already camped out.

People Camped out- Twitpic

The bachelor and bachelorette party is Thursday night right?
I would love to know what Harry is planning:)

With regard to the trees, I love the idea - admittedly without actually seeing the finished effect. I love the idea because it is unusual, different and has never been done inside the Abbey before (although I suspect that they have a large Christmas tree there each year like other cathedrals etc). I like trees and so for a trees-in-the-Abbey-lover, I'm happy. However, for some people it's a whacky/strange/hokey idea to bring a load of giant trees indoors instead of just having flowers and the no-trees-in-the-Abbey people are perfectly entitled to that opinion in exactly the same way as my opinion. Opinions differ and it's all down to a question of personal tastes and expectations....erm....provided the squirrels and birds are removed ;-)

As with everything at this wedding, there is a cost and I am sure things will be done to balance necessity and cost as much as possible. As (I think) most if not all the elements of the wedding are being bought and paid for in the UK, whether the costs is high or small the money is going into people's pockets and businesses as wages etc and will be recycled as spending, so scaling up or down on the wedding will have the same result.

I thought they had already had their 'stag' and 'hen' dos? The one William commented that the media were left in the dark about.

I don't know about the hen party/weekend but it was suggested a few weeks ago that the stag do was held before Prince Harry attended Walking with the Wounded activities

:previous:OMG are you kidding me!
I'm so used to those parties being held right before the wedding:(

.. in that case, it would be an exceptional bad idea ... they have to start early on there wedding day ... and no one once to see them with a hangover ;)

It used to be the case that it was the night before but, certainly in England (happy for differing opinions) people tend to now do something in advance. My sister in law is getting married in June, the hen weekend is next weekend and the stag weekend is the following week. Gives plenty of time to recover.

I was married 10 years ago and we had a 'hag' party (we combined the hen and stag party as we are the type of couple that would rather do things together) the week before we married.

Just a dinner for members of the British Royals and the foreign royals. Its a private affair hosted by Lady Anson and Charles, Camilla, William, Harry and Kate WILL NOT be in attendance.

Just the Queen (who is a pretty good guest to have), the DoE (him as well), the Duke of York, Princesses Beatrice, Eugenie, Princess Anne and Tim, and the Dukes and Duchess of Kent and Gloucester. Including Prince & Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra.

In addition to that, according to Prince Radu of Romania, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will host a lunch for the foreign Royals attending the wedding and others (such as Prince Radu) at Kensington Palace, tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom