The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Good for them!

I pray William will be given the opportunity to reign. I have every confidence this man will be a wonderful King. A monarch who will undertake every measure to ensure he understands his people, far and wide, and to be actively involved as best he can, yet not compromise his position or the integrity of any indavidual or cause. He has heart and it shows.

He would be a King like no other. I'm sure of it.

And whatever people may say of his parents, they have created a very admirable, charming and genuine young man and both are to be commended on it.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, Madame Royale.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Madame Royale your post made me cry, well said! Ugh I dunno what it is about the lead up to this wedding but I'm so overly emotional. I knew I'd get emotional but never this much guess just watching William grow up everything that happened the history etc really makes this even more so meaningful.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Majesty

I couldn't have said it better myself, Madame Royale. I think that William and Kate both have the "right stuff." I'm middle-aged, and I hope that I live long enough to see the coronation of King William V and Queen Catherine.

[QUOTE=Madame Royale;1215268I pray William will be given the opportunity to reign. I have every confidence this man will be a wonderful King. A monarch who will undertake every measure to ensure he understands his people, far and wide, and to be actively involved as best he can, yet not compromise his position or the integrity of any indavidual or cause. He has heart and it shows.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Very well said, indeed.

It will be very interesting to watch them work together (as well as individually). They are suited for their roles. This is going to be a very exciting period in British history.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Commoner

I hope that in the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales to Miss Catherine Middleton that invitations to non reigning families be sent it would be very nice to see Royal Families from Europe to convene and see each other as was the wedding of the Prince of Asturias and of Prince Frederik of Denmark when both of them invited all Royal families of Europe both Reigning and non reigning. It would be most pleasant to see His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria of Russia in the event both Pretenders to great and historical royal houses of Hohenzollern (German-Prussian Royal Family) and Romanov (Russian Imperial Family) respectively.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_caspian View Post
I hope that in the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales to Miss Catherine Middleton that invitations to non reigning families be sent it would be very nice to see Royal Families from Europe to convene and see each other as was the wedding of the Prince of Asturias and of Prince Frederik of Denmark when both of them invited all Royal families of Europe both Reigning and non reigning. It would be most pleasant to see His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria of Russia in the event both Pretenders to great and historical royal houses of Hohenzollern (German-Prussian Royal Family) and Romanov (Russian Imperial Family) respectively.
Difference is though that Fred and Felipe were heirs to the throne, state occasions. Will is the heir to the heir. It has already been stated Victoria will represent Sweden, so we can rule out one king and queen right there.

And if one was to invite the titular head of Russsia, is it proper to invite Maria or Prince Nicholas? I know they are both contenders, is Maria the one recognized by the British monarchy?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Wow, nice! I especially want to know more about this part: "
The guns have not fired a salute for more than 100 years. Repairs to the brickwork are to be carried out beforehand by the Royal Engineers, who originally built the fort."

I think it's fantastic that those Royal Engineers are still around to do the repair work, truly amazing.
The Mummies strike back!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post
Difference is though that Fred and Felipe were heirs to the throne, state occasions. Will is the heir to the heir. It has already been stated Victoria will represent Sweden, so we can rule out one king and queen right there.

And if one was to invite the titular head of Russsia, is it proper to invite Maria or Prince Nicholas? I know they are both contenders, is Maria the one recognized by the British monarchy?
I do believe the Spanish RF recognise Maria Vladimirovna as the rightful claimaint and I do believe, having read some time ago though the source truly escapes me, that Maria has, when in London on two or so occasions, called upon the Queen for tea having been invited to do so. I am not certain, but I'd imagine (?) that the BRF's position is that Maria is the rightful claimant.

The Danes, however, I'm not so sure about. I know Prince Dimirti Romanovich Romanov (younger brother to the claimaint Prince Nicholas Romanovich Romanov) lives in Denmark, is a member of the Order of the Dannerbrog and has often attened both private and official royal functions in Denmark.

I'm not sure as to who the Danes would support on the issue. Maybe it's the Nikolaevichi branch and maybe it's the Vladimirovichi branch. Perhaps someone else may know?

Old 03-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Courtier

Madam Royale: all this talk about which contender would be supported - i think, the royals live enough in the world to not waste a thought on anything like that anylonger *gg* .. I'm sure there are more pressing thoughts in their minds as well
Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Madam Royale: all this talk about which contender would be supported - i think, the royals live enough in the world to not waste a thought on anything like that anylonger *gg* .. I'm sure there are more pressing thoughts in their minds as well
A member asked a question, and I answered to the best of my knowledge. I don't see anything wrong with that!

And I never said it was a matter which other royals would feel compelled to think about really, but whether or not they have a formed opinion as to who they consider to be the rightful claimant.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
It would be a question of protocal. If this was a state function, heads of state would be invited. The poster above mentioned wanting to see the Prince of Prussia and Maria there. I asked, since many in Russia would name Nicholas as the proper pretender to the throne, what would be protocal in the BRF who to invite as head of the Russian family. So thank you Madam Royal for answering my question as best as you could.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I'm not sure as to who the Danes would support on the issue. Maybe it's the Nikolaevichi branch and maybe it's the Vladimirovichi branch. Perhaps someone else may know?
Wasn't it Maria who attended the reburial of Dagmar of Denmark, former Empress, in Russia?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Wasn't it Maria who attended the reburial of Dagmar of Denmark, former Empress, in Russia?
Correct. The Grand Duchess greeted the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark upon arrival at the cathedral and they stood beside her at the front of the congregation during the ceremony.

The Russian Orthodox Churchs' hierarchy has all but made their position quite clear over the years, and it's somewhat widely known that Maria has their favour.

Members of the Nikolaevichi branch were present in Copenhagen during the Danish service and farewell. I do believe some members also attended the service in St Petersburg, but seemed to have played second fiddle to Maria.

And for unintentionally taking the topic down an entirely unrelated path, I shall best leave it there

Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
According to royalcourt.se Victoria and Daniel will represent Sweden
EXCELLENT news! I just love Victoria and Daniel together.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Here is the perfect wedding dress for Kate:

Wedding Dress, Wedding Gowns, Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses, Bridal Dresses - vegas-front-b.jpg

Just Kidding! But if she wanted to wear something like this do you think someone would stop here? Like, does she have someone telling her what she cannot choose?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post

Wedding Dress, Wedding Gowns, Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses, Bridal Dresses - vegas-front-b.jpg

Just Kidding! But if she wanted to wear something like this do you think someone would stop here? Like, does she have someone telling her what she cannot choose?
I imagine she respects her fiancé's opinion, and also, wants to fit into the patterns accepted as Royal.

Hilarious choice of dress, though, HRHofNothing. It is somewhere out on one of the far edges of Sarah Burton design-alikes, just dreadfully poorly put together as well as crass. If it were sewn well and made of top quality fabrics and so forth, it would still be crass, but very memorable to wear down the aisle at Westminster.

(Memorable, but not in the good sense).
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Nobility

Okay never thought I'd look to the Trumps but this dress is absolutely beautiful, and something like this would look amazing. It said it was inspired by Grace Kelly's and I guess in a way.

Legendary Wedding Gowns - The Lavish Ivanka Trump Wedding Dress is Inspired by Grace Kelly (GALLERY)

or some other beautiful styles

http://www.bridaldesign.co.nz/view-g...dding-dress/41

http://wedding-pictures.onewed.com/e...re-details.jpg (one on the right I like)

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/...23.preview.jpg
Old 03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I imagine she respects her fiancé's opinion, and also, wants to fit into the patterns accepted as Royal.

Hilarious choice of dress, though, HRHofNothing. It is somewhere out on one of the far edges of Sarah Burton design-alikes, just dreadfully poorly put together as well as crass. If it were sewn well and made of top quality fabrics and so forth, it would still be crass, but very memorable to wear down the aisle at Westminster.

(Memorable, but not in the good sense).
I assume there is some guidelines set out for her, what is appropriate for a future member of royalty. Royalty is all about image, and though she has been in the public spotlight for years, her wedding day is her first introduction to the British people as their new princess, future princess of wales and queen.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post

At least it's not strapless

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding