The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

I for one, prefer to wait for the wedding day to find the details, it leaves a nice sens of mystery about it which is absolutely fairy tale like. If we know everything that's happening it isn't fun to see the events unfold..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Well, Sophie's daughter is part of the bridal party as is Pippa maybe Oldfield is doing the bridal party dresses.... just not the Bride...

I don't think that will happen; I'm convinced that Kate's designer will also do the bridesmaids' dresses so the entire group coordinates well.
For a major wedding like this, I doubt Kate will want to use different designers.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think that will happen; I'm convinced that Kate's designer will also do the bridesmaids' dresses so the entire group coordinates well.
For a major wedding like this, I doubt Kate will want to use different designers.

It was just a thought ...I was not saying it is a fact... the turth is we are all just guessing at this point..
Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
That would also explain how he knew some details (like Kate wearing 2 dresses) ....

maybe he is doing one of the dresses she will wear.... who knows..
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

I don't if it was posted it before but seems like they might already had a rehearsal

@1:51. at least that's what the lady said!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

I like the idea the that Kate might be losing weight for the wedding. It will make her look great[better] in the dress and the photos.
With or without the weight loss Kate will look fab!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Losing weight? The girl is skinny enough as it is! I certainly hope she does not try and lose any. I'm sure nerves will do that trick just nicely--unfortunately.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate is losing weight for the wedding? If she turns sideways, we won't see her. She is already very thin, though looking well toned and glowing with good health. I'm certainly not suggesting she is excessively thin, just that I can't imagine she would be wanting to lose more weight for her wedding.

@ Russo: Snap!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Like many articles that are coming about this wedding....who knows if Kate losing weight on purpose. So I wouldn't put much stock in this.

Most likely she is not doing it on purpose BUT like most brides with a lot to do and very little time....she is probably losing it anyway.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

She's down to bone, muscle and skin - so if she loses weight at this point, it would probably be muscle. That's not a good idea in the long run.

I certainly hope she takes care of herself. I haven't seen much change in her size in the past month, I'd need to see a very recent photo. But her appetite was healthy enough the time she went to lunch with Camilla (if indeed she ate all that it was said she did).
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

If she indeed ate foie gras and bread as reported, she will be fine. :)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton Doll | Princess Kate Collectibles | The Franklin Mint

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I'm not a doll collector but Frankliln Mint dolls are always so detailed so I like looking at them.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Another indication that the designer of choice is Sarah Burton:

Vogue editor 'recommended McQueen dress
Old 03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I would love to see her wear The Strathmore Rose Tiara, it was a gift to the Queen Mother on her wedding day..and has not been seen in ages...it is light, delacete and full of history ..photo attached...
Google Image Result for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fTJ-jwC0Tvc/TWboumlsbEI/AAAAAAAAAf8/jGrLU_EAe-E/s1600/strathmore_rose.jpg
I don't know why the Strathmore keeps coming up. To me, it's too delicate for such an important occasion. I can see her wearing the Strathmore (if it's still intact) or something like it to an official function, but for the wedding in Westminster Abby....she needs something more substantial.

The Queen Mother wore the Strathmor on her wedding day as a bandeau which was the style amongst Royalty at that time. In her case, you couldn't miss it since it was wrapped around her forehead.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Like many articles that are coming about this wedding....who knows if Kate losing weight on purpose. So I wouldn't put much stock in this.

Most likely she is not doing it on purpose BUT like most brides with a lot to do and very little time....she is probably losing it anyway.
Well I think by weight loss they mean the loss from Nov till now which you can see in pics though she was already thin and the article did say she told a person at an event it's all part of the plan so if that's true she is purposefully trying which many women do before their wedding-

Not everything written in papers is false, just like not everything written is true so we have to be fair but discerning :)
Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Sarah Burton, if indeed she is the designer of the dress, has designed some of the most avant-garde wedding dresses (and other clothing) of our time. I saw a dress of hers in a window in Manhattan, it was a show all by itself. Her bondage-harness themed dress was shown (not as a wedding dress, hopefully) at La Conciergerie, where Marie Antoinette was held before her beheading.

Here's a Sarah Burton (any relation to Tim? Looks like she would be):

Hard to picture that with a tiara, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
I don't if it was posted it before but seems like they might already had a rehearsal

@1:51. at least that's what the lady said!
Yes she did say he said he was nervous at rehersal! How cute! :)
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

I'm getting confused. Is it or is it not a "done deal" that Sarah Burton is designing The Dress?

I'm going to have to think about this. Burton's designs certainly are different from anyone else's:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...r-McQueen.html

That link has a few pictures I hadn't seen yesterday or earlier today.

I can picture Kate in the style of the sapphire/chipped porcelain dress, but any of these styles would be a departure (IMO) from what Kate usually wears. Of course, that's what many want on their wedding day.

None of them look "princess-like" to me, but I'm of a different generation. What do younger women think?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Prince William might be taking time away from RAF before the wedding. In my opinion this is the only reason for the upcoming trip.
Apparently, Prince William isn't taking any time off to go to Aus/NZ. According to RoyalReporter (Richard Palmer) on Twitter: Prince William is fitting that trip to NZ and Australia into his normal shift pattern btw. He's not asked for or been given any extra leave. William and other SAR pilots get quite extensive periods to recuperate after working 24 hr shifts. He'll be shattered when he gets back.

@PrincessKaimi Whatever Sarah Burton designs for Kate, if she does, it won't look like one of her runway gowns. The runway will give you a sense of her whimsy and style, but she knows how to tone it down too. She'll have to.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I don't know why the Strathmore keeps coming up. To me, it's too delicate for such an important occasion. I can see her wearing the Strathmore (if it's still intact) or something like it to an official function, but for the wedding in Westminster Abby....she needs something more substantial.

The Queen Mother wore the Strathmor on her wedding day as a bandeau which was the style amongst Royalty at that time. In her case, you couldn't miss it since it was wrapped around her forehead.
You may be right about needing something more substantial for the wedding ...I just love this tiara and I think it would suit her ...

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding