The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's so unlikely but I'm still really hoping for Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. It supposedly light weight and would look oh so wonderful with an updo and her wedding dress (which I'm sure will be impeccable). I heard today they're visiting Australia and then going to NZ to see the earthquake devastation. They both seem to be throwing themselves into their new roles with enthusiasm.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione
It's so unlikely but I'm still really hoping for Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. It supposedly light weight and would look oh so wonderful with an updo and her wedding dress (which I'm sure will be impeccable). I heard today they're visiting Australia and then going to NZ to see the earthquake devastation. They both seem to be throwing themselves into their new roles with enthusiasm.
Just William is ....

Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just William is what?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione
Just William is what?
Ah, nevermind. Kate isn't going on the NZ trip. Sorry- a piece I read described it as part of their pre-wedding tour so I made assumptions
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Every time we hear about a new King/Queen attending the wedding it's mentioned that they're good friends of the Queen. So, it seems that for this non-state wedding, Granny simply invited some of her friends. That's fun. With regard to the CP couples, if you invite one couple, you have to invite them all, and that just gets unwieldy. Besides, Kate and William said they wanted a British wedding, and that's what they're having.

Tbh, I'm more excited to see the people from Kate's hometown than any foreign royals. Did the shopkeeper find her special sari? Does the butcher meet the Queen? Good stuff.

If it helps, Charlene said that Monaco may send a "representative" if her and PA can't make it. Maybe they'll send a cousin....
Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Majesty

I'd like to see Kate in that tiara as well; but as you say, it's unlikely. It's a tiara that the Queen wears, and so I don't expect to see Kate in it for quite awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's so unlikely but I'm still really hoping for Girls of Great Britain and Ireland. It supposedly light weight and would look oh so wonderful with an updo and her wedding dress (which I'm sure will be impeccable).
Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least;this is the let them eat cake mentality; or the false snobbery mentality; it truly is becoming a disambiguation . If they said their cake was going to be vanilla and fifteen tiers or just said anything at all it would be more acceptable than this total and utter censorship. By now the menu of the wedding breakfast should have been published and the trouseeau maker divulged. But we do know the bartender is going of Kate's town is attending and we do know other things which appear to paint Kate a gal of the British soil...hope it does not backfire.. I am getting the impression that Kate is a bit of a snob without being a highbrow.because she has not been in the position long enough to know-she assumes she does and I hope for her sake that iit all works out.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least;this is the let them eat cake mentality; or the false snobbery mentality; it truly is becoming a disambiguation . If they said their cake was going to be vanilla and fifteen tiers or just said anything at all it would be more acceptable than this total and utter censorship. By now the menu of the wedding breakfast should have been published and the trouseeau maker divulged. But we do know the bartender is going of Kate's town is attending and we do know other things which appear to paint Kate a gal of the British soil...hope it does not backfire.. I am getting the impression that Kate is a bit of a snob without being a highbrow.because she has not been in the position long enough to know-she assumes she does and I hope for her sake that iit all works out.
Why should they reveal stuff like the truseau? It was mentioned more than once why the designer of the dress isn't named. Diana's designer was literally stalked for months before the wedding, it actually became dangerous at some point, because they let people know the designer. You know paparazi and normal people alike would go mad trying to catch a glimpse of the design, if we knew the designer.

How is not telling every little detail of the wedding like menu being a snob? It is a private ceremony, they don't owe any explanations. The reason we know about the bar tender is he is a blabber mouth and had to brag about getting an invitation.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Serene Highness

Except for the issue of the dress designer, I doubt that Kate has all that much to say about what is "divulged" or not. As to concluding that this all has to do with snobbery on Kate's part ...... well, she has been accused of so many other things, why not that one?

IMO, she has behaved impeccably, but clearly there are those who find much to criticize.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least....
We have such a different definition of snobbery. Instead of offering you dress and cake details, Kate has instead released personal photos, a bio with previously unknown info, and taken the time to meet real people so you can get to know her. So snobby.

For safety and security reasons, as well as privacy reasons, you're simply not going to know all the details you wish to know ahead of time.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Majesty

Kate doesn't strike me as snobby at all. She seems to have no airs. She appears to be warm and approachable and enjoys meeting people.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Sorry to rain on your parade but all this no divulging of the wedding dress designer; no publication of those who are going; no anything is snobbery and exclusion of the masses to say the least
To you it might be, but certainly not to me. First and foremost this is a wedding, Kates and Williams. The public are getting enough information without knowing the designer IMO. They shouldn't spoil all the fun before the big day. Snobbery doesn't even come near to the decision making behind this.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
What planet are you from? What an incredibly snobby attitude!

If you had read a little of William's mother's wedding history you would know that the designer's lives were almost wrecked by the paparazzi and their insane attempts to obtain photo's or patterns of her dress and replica's of Diana's gown were on public display and even published BEFORE she left the Cathedral!

We'd really love to see Catherine wearing a gown that everywoman and her dog had already been seen in because they just had to have the same as Catherine! It is HER wedding and that's one secret she get's to keep to herself.

Why should she be made to make it all public? Why does her groom get to be the only man who gets to see front page photo's of his fiance's wedding dress before the wedding. Not to mention photo's of every exact item she has brought for her Trousseau down to, and not excluding her underwear!

As to what is to be served at the wedding reception? I suggest you petition Her Majesty the Queen for permission to crawl around the palace ferreting out every last detail you deign to be of "PUBLIC" interest as she is the person hosting the occasion. Menu's etc. of State Banquets are usually only available after the banquet is over.

Snobbery and exclusion of the masses? I think not. Privacy as applies to a young woman's personal dream wedding? You bet! And I hope she has a blast.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Courtier

About the designer not being announced yet, wasn't it the same with the last royal weddings ? In Sweden, Denmark, Spain, etc, the gown's designer was only revealed on the wedding day....It's just the same for this one!

Old 03-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

With regard to post 3327, I think this opinion is at the very least a disproportionate one. Who are we to feel we have the right to decide upon the level of information given? No bride wants to tell everyone where she got her dress from or what her cake will be like? Most brides like there to be an element of surprise so why should Kate be any different. I am sure that most people here are excited about the royal wedding and cannot wait for it to happen. Our excitement must not turn into frustration, negativity and reverse snobbery! We have to patient about the details because not everything will have been decided upon yet - it was only the other day that the music was rehearsed and final decisions made about their choices.
Quite frankly, the whole event would be ruined if we knew all the details. Most of us I am sure would be fed up with it all with nothing to look forward to if every details was published.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
With regard to post 3327, I think this opinion is at the very least a disproportionate one. Who are we to feel we have the right to decide upon the level of information given? No bride wants to tell everyone where she got her dress from or what her cake will be like? Most brides like there to be an element of surprise so why should Kate be any different. I am sure that most people here are excited about the royal wedding and cannot wait for it to happen. Our excitement must not turn into frustration, negativity and reverse snobbery! We have to patient about the details because not everything will have been decided upon yet - it was only the other day that the music was rehearsed and final decisions made about their choices.
Quite frankly, the whole event would be ruined if we knew all the details. Most of us I am sure would be fed up with it all with nothing to look forward to if every details was published.
Very well put!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

For me everyday brings a nice little surprise: I find out more about Catherine and her relationship with William, I see her out and about with him, observe their interactions and all that gives me just an enormous feeling of pleasant anticipation. Sometimes a new Royal engagement comes up like the one in NI or William's visit to AUS and NZ, then we see Catherine having lunch or visting Westminster abbey - all short glimpses into her leading up to the wedding. I feel I'm allowed to enjoy a bit with them but it's absolutely clear that it's their wedding and theirs alone. I like that! And I'm looking forward to see the bride when she steps out of the car on her wedding day - I need no more information in advance other than that it will be Catherine who steps out of the car... Just kidding!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
For me everyday brings a nice little surprise: I find out more about Catherine and her relationship with William, I see her out and about with him, observe their interactions and all that gives me just an enormous feeling of pleasant anticipation. Sometimes a new Royal engagement comes up like the one in NI or William's visit to AUS and NZ, then we see Catherine having lunch or visting Westminster abbey - all short glimpses into her leading up to the wedding. I feel I'm allowed to enjoy a bit with them but it's absolutely clear that it's their wedding and theirs alone. I like that! And I'm looking forward to see the bride when she steps out of the car on her wedding day - I need no more information in advance other than that it will be Catherine who steps out of the car... Just kidding!
I'm sure William would be relieved by that.

I feel the same way that everyday brings a new little surprise and it provides opportunities to learn something new about the couple, the RF, the traditions that go along with a royal wedding, etc.

I too love the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland for a tiara. It's just so beautiful, but I can't see the Queen parting with it. As imporatant as the dress is, I am so much more interested in the tiara.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Gentry

Well said, Marg, Kataryn and Jack.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator

I am absolutely floored and trying to understand the connection between Kate's perceived snobbery, her battle with the business machine like operation such as the British Royal institution (and apparently she is winning) as well her desire to keep wedding dress private.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding